Greetings from Elwynn

Moderator: Scott of Hyperborea

Emir of Raspur

Greetings from Elwynn

Post by Emir of Raspur »

My regards to the Duke,I send notice of my aquisition of the Baronial Throne of Elwynn from the departing Duchess Mari.- Ardashir Khan OsmaniBaron of Elwynn

Zirandorthel

Re: Greetings from Elwynn

Post by Zirandorthel »

Hail, Baron of Elwynn. I hope you don't take ill to the people from the freezing island controlling your huge landmass, your predecessor seemed to have a pet peeve about it..Can't say I can't think of someone better for the job needed to be done, Ardashir. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Just don't eat the yellow snow while lording it over us from this here island

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Great...now I've got Ardashir as a direct subordinate...that'll mean I need to hire a food taster, a few squadrons of bodyguards, a guy who makes bullet-proof vests, a body double... "I am a verb" - Buckminster Fuller

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

I'll get them for you now, your grace. Let's get the Crimson Pages here.Hmmmm, Artakhshatra Hiring Services, "Twenty Years Good Service or We Present Their Flayed Hide in a Dish Along With Full Refund - Mondesians Need Not Apply", seems good. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Scott Alexander

Oh, Ardy, if you're interested, I've been trying to get everyone here to have their own coat of arms and motto. As a Baron and someone with access to a whole country of people who are good with graphics, you might be good with that.

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Excellent suggestion. I even have a motto; PAX IN BELLO. You're all reasonably familiar with latin so I leave it with you to ponder its appropriateness.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

In Elwynnese (or Hyperborean, a nobler tongue) with a lion-thingy with a sword rampant and the white orchid of Elwynn puissant? Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Scott Alexander

PAX EST BELLO, LIBERTAS EST SERVITAS, MONDESIANITAS* EST VIRITAS!*I can't remember the Latin for ignorance, so I invented a new idiom.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Ahhhh, 1984, a modern tragedy. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

Quote:You're all reasonably familiar with latinI'M NOT WHAT R U ALL SAYING!!!!!!!!!!!1 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......Ok I'm done. Baroness of Lunaris in The Republic of ShirerothBaroness-Councilor of Tallandor-New Barbary in Treesia

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

Quote:PAX EST BELLO, LIBERTAS EST SERVITAS, MONDESIANITAS* EST VIRITAS!*I can't remember the Latin for ignorance, so I invented a new idiom. Hrm... isn't it Virtus, Virtutis? And I'm sure to go with the whole NewSpeak thing, you could take out the verbs - hell, they do that in Latin all the time...PAX BELLO, LIBERTAS SERVITAS, MONDESIANITAS VIRTUS!or just...PAXBEL, LIBERSERV, MONDEVIR......la... Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess of Kildare - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - COME BACK, STEVE!!! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

Quote:PAXBEL, LIBERSERV, MONDEVIRAdopted! The motto of the Duchy of Elwynn shall be PAXBEL, LIBERSERV, MONDEVIR

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Don't worry, Eriana, it's not your fault you weren't born Hyperborean, with an innate grasp of all four declensions in nouns and a knowledge of all the conjugations of verbs in Latin. Some of us are just gifted like that Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

Neco Babkhan Porcarius Canus "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Could probably have used the word for "persian" in there, Dave. And yes, I couldn't agree more, but he's our pigdog now. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Scott Alexander

Quote:an innate grasp of all four declensionsAll FOUR declensions? EH? You never heard of "res, rei, f."?

Mattlore Devious

Post by Mattlore Devious »

Can I apply for the position of body double

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Leave me alone, those are the only ones I understand! Maybe there are more, but I don't want to know!! Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Eriana Moon

Post by Eriana Moon »

*head goes pop hops off as a purple kangaroo with blue polkadots* Baroness of Lunaris in The Republic of ShirerothBaroness-Councilor of Tallandor-New Barbary in Treesia

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

Quote:a few squadrons of bodyguardsYou have a number of Paladins at your disposal (50, maybe?). I sent them to the mainland when I assumed command. Anywho, hey Ardashir. Philip Locke
i wanted to overthrow the government
but all i brought down was somebody's wife

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

Quote: Don't worry, Eriana, it's not your fault you weren't born Hyperborean, with an innate grasp of all four declensions in nouns and a knowledge of all the conjugations of verbs in Latin. Some of us are just gifted like thatNouns:-ae-ī-is-ūs-eīVerbs:-āre-ēre-ere-īreIn other words, it's not just Hyperborean... evidently all Kildari know Latin as well((Yes, all two of us *nudges mDuo13*))(and yes, I realize that Scott caught it first... shaddup...) Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess of Kildare - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - COME BACK, STEVE!!! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

Return to “County of Hyperborea”