Poetry Winners

Moderator: Scott of Hyperborea

Scott Alexander

Poetry Winners

Post by Scott Alexander »

The way things turned out with the voting is that nine poems got exactly one vote, and one poem got two votes. The one with two votes was Elegy for Baracao, by myself, but I'm disqualifying that one because I can't let the judge's entry win or it'd look bad. I then case a tie-breaking vote between the other nine, so it's entirely my fault if the wrong poems got picked. In short, almost everyone did exactly the same and no one should feel bad. That being said, the winners are:Stjepan Aracic, for "Raining"Philip Locke, for "Requiem"Hesam Jahandar, for "The Lone Piper"And the "Thank you for actually voting" prize goes to Eoin Dornan, Philip Locke, and Gryphon the Pure.Since Philip both submitted a winning entry and bothered to vote, I am declaring him the Overall Grand Winner and awarding him the Amethyst of Sithin, the prize.Congratulations and thanks to all participants! Edited by: Scott Siskind  at: 11/11/03 7:08 pm

Scott Alexander

Re: Poetry Winners

Post by Scott Alexander »

In case you were curious, the writers were:Eriana Moon for AidenDavid Beckford for Kill-Boy (to be fair, my email program cut off a bit of this poem, so it was accidentally entered incompletely. My bad)Hesam Jahandar for The Lone PiperStjepan Aracic for Raining, Autumn, and The ReturningScott Siskind for Elegy for BaracaoEoin Dornan for Halls of Silence and Oul Room Twenny ThreePhilip Locke for Confessions, Requiem, and O lovely AmericaGryphon the Pure for Silver Pen, Nonsense, and Wings

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Hesam, a grand poem indeed!Phil now has to give us a little talk on Requiem!! No 100,000,000 Erb prize money if he doesn't! ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Hesam Jahandar

Post by Hesam Jahandar »

Thanks, I will talk a bit about it regardless if I won first or not. I wrote that poem when a friend of mine died in a car crash this summer, and it was my job to clean his blood and flesh off of his personal posessions that were in the car with him. This is what I came up with after spending a few nights in the pub thinking about what happened. War Trophy Liberated From Menelmacar god of warProud Owner of a Real Horrorshow High-Speed, Low-Drag Sig!

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

I thought it might have been something to do with death, didn't think it was that bad. God, how did you stand doing that?? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Kaiseress Jadie

Post by Kaiseress Jadie »

*blink blink*I have to agree with Eoin...how *did* you go through with that??*sniffles and whimpers just thinking about it* Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of ShirerothCarry on with your lives people....Nothing to see here

Hesam Jahandar

Post by Hesam Jahandar »

It was quite difficult, it would have been difficult even if I didnt know the person, but it was extremely difficult. The line, "What was thought to be dirt ran red with water" or something similar, was infact a reference. He had a street sign that had to be cleaned, I had thought it was covered in dirt, but when I put a wet rag to it I found it was caked blood and other things. I was able to do this because I was ordered to, how I was able to deal with it after is different. War Trophy Liberated From Menelmacar god of warProud Owner of a Real Horrorshow High-Speed, Low-Drag Sig!

Return to “County of Hyperborea”