Happy Independence Day

Moderator: Scott of Hyperborea

Scott Alexander

Happy Independence Day

Post by Scott Alexander »

It seems like something of a waste to have an Independence Day when we're not really independent, but nevertheless, Hyperborea began on March 21 four years ago. To those of you who do not know the story, the original Audentior was collapsing, and myself and my friend Adam Stone, who was Audentior's Chief Justice, decided to found a new nation that was free from the problems that had plagued it and the various other countries currently around (Demesos, AFTP, Jasonia). We created Hyperborea with a northern/Greek theme and some very strict rules. Because of the strict rules, it never got very far by the standards of that era (We're talking the Age of Legends here, so even though it had about ten active citizens, that wasn't very impressive compared to some other places). Most of our activity was in the form of councils where we desperately sought nonexistent issues upon which to deliberate and which (as they were held by chat) almost never came to. One bright spot was when I met Monolith and Matt Leonard in DC in my first RL micronation meeting and we had a council there, but generally it was pretty dead and everyone was quite ready for New Audentior when it came around.The old site is at http://www.geocities.com/giantsq...yperborea/ . It originally had some sweeping panoramic backgrounds, but the files were huge and I had to delete them in the interests of space. Adam was a graphic design artist, which is why some of the site looks so nice, and I had no sense of aesthetics, which is why the rest of it looks so ugly.As you can see, we've changed a LOT since then.

david northworthy beckfor

Re: Happy Independence Day

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

*reads disclamer**considers posting enough rolling smily faces ( ) to represent how much I found that amussing**changes mind as that would turn post into a smily bomb* "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Return to “County of Hyperborea”