Presents of Interest

Moderator: Scott of Hyperborea

Philip Locke

Presents of Interest

Post by Philip Locke »

Collected Poems of Sylvia PlathA Primer of Jungian PsychologyA year's subscription to "The New Yorker" and "Photography"An older Honeywell Pentax, three cases of filmA new mouse (Praise the gods!) Philip Locke
listen: there's a hell of a good universe next door; let's go

Zirandorthel

Re: Presents of Interest

Post by Zirandorthel »

Well, my presents were slightly less intellectual, but valued ne'ertheless:-The super-extended Two Towers DVD, with "collectible" statue of "Smeagol as Gollum".-Cassettes of I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again (2) and Collection of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue (1)-The Little Book of Mornington Crescent.-The Icewind Dale Trilogy.-A pile of CDs (the default present for the Dornan family).-An intriguing Dungeons & Dragons DVD, which I have yet to have a look at.-Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, by Jimmy Joyce, and At Swim-Two-Birds, by Flann the Man O'Brien, which I unfortunately already have.-Pictionary, huzzah!! Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

Oh. I forgot the 45 song "Essential Bruce Springsteen". Rawk. Philip Locke

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Bruce Springsteen, yeahhhh!!My father played that to me in the womb. I know most of the songs off by heart, and my teddy bear was named Bruce by my father. Still have him, actually, he looks more like my da than the Boss, but still the tribute is there. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Emir of Raspur

Post by Emir of Raspur »

A scarf (navy blue and black stripes) and a crate of beer.

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

Eoin, that's great. The Boss is, well, the boss.Tahmaseb, have fun.All, schweet, schweet! My friend just gave me Muse's Absolution and The Postal Service's Give Up. Things are going pretty fucking okay over here. Philip Locke

Jadie of Goldshire

Post by Jadie of Goldshire »

Oh geez....um-20" flat screen TV- DVD/ VCR combo for the TV-both editions of the first 2 LOTR DVDs-A coat that I wanted- Sims Double DeluxeAnd my mind just went completely blank...Let's just say Jadie is a happy camper when it comes to her gifts... Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

FISH!!! (well, no actually, that was christmas eve dinner, but oh well, just thought I'd be random)-a few books I'll proly never read-cheapo walkie talkies : p-SILLY STRING!!!!-A really sharp round spinning blade! (AKA pizza cutter, but let me have my fun)-the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past / Four Swords (now if only I had a gameboy)-Pay-as-you-go cell phone (but it has Tetris!!!111one)-Umm...-uh...-Chopsticks?But all that is okay, because I am out to buy myself $200 worth of videogames. Joseph is going to be one happy kid soon... (especially since he gets with those videogames a free {yeah, right} zelda bonus disc!)anyhow... yeah... merry chanukah Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess of Kildare - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - COME BACK, STEVE!!! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Geode bookendsA ticket to Starlight ExpressA ticket to go ice-skatingA CD of Tibetan chantsGift certificates to Amazon.comA coffee mug with Sigmund Freud on it (???)

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

I got...NOTHING!but I dont do christmas, so thats ok "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Neither does Scott, David. Face it, nobody loves you.Jadie, my gills have gone into overdrive with envy at your new life-changing possessions. I got a coffee mug with Che Guevara on it. I'm grateful, but I can't help but observe it as the ultimate irony..Phil, the Emir of Raspur is Ardashir, as you can guess by the usual "I know I look like I slept in a dumpster, but it's better than a 'spiderhole'" personal photo.. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

Quote:A coffee mug with Sigmund Freud on it (???)Your Freud coffee mug vs. My Jung primerThe battle is on. Philip Locke

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Hehehehhee, I wonder what Freud would make of a coffee mug of himself appearing in his dreams... Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

Probably something about cups being sexual gratification objects. Or maybe just, "This is how they repay me?!" Philip Locke

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

HTML Comments are not allowed Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Jadie of Goldshire

Post by Jadie of Goldshire »

Don't be jealous...um...because....*ponders*I dunno...just don't be..it will make me feel bad. Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Oh i see, the pointy bracket is construed as being HTML.Well anyway, I think he'd have referenced the cup to a bra cup. Thus, the question, did your mother wear a bra? If not, then whoever gave you the cup, be they female or male, is regarded as inferior in your subconscious mind. If so, then you only like he or she who gave you the cup because they remind of your mother. Oh, have I mentioned, you're secretly in lust with your mother, and want to kill your father. Fecking sicko, you should be locked up!! Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Return to “County of Hyperborea”