Intellegentia Filii Dei Mergerus

Moderator: Scott of Hyperborea

Zirandorthel

Intellegentia Filii Dei Mergerus

Post by Zirandorthel »

Or "Realisations of a drowning son of God"Quote:A Free WorldJunta in the jungleDictator in the desertMurderers in the metropolisAnd could they give a damn?No, they’ll grin and bear itAfter all, they’re not policemenBut bring in a left-wing in the oilfieldsLet a native take a stand against the machineAsk your brethren to take arms against their tyrantAnd they will crush youAnd they will grind youAnd your name will be a curse“Cause we ain’t havin no redsIn our lands of freedom boyGet out while you canCos we’re carving up your countryLike momma’s apple pieAnd serving it up to all the fatcats, yeahThey’re gonna want a lick of this thingThese are the lands of freedomWhere we’re free to do whatever we likeD’you wanna stop us?Goddamn Nazi, my daddy fought you fellasAnd he beat youWhat are you still doin’ hereYou’ve lost, get out!Soul MusicThe foot taps out a beautiful rhythmBut the mind above itThere lurks no symphony thereNo great conductor’s skillWhere then does the music come fromNot from the ghettoWith their voices of violence and despairNor from the other placesWhere the soul of the muse hops to and froNay, it comes from the desire to make noiseTo interrupt the flow of knowledgeTo oppose the learned powerWonder for a moment, but a momentWhere the music came from firstWas it in the opera-house, nayIt harked from the soul of chaosThat sought to carve amusement from a stark world of orderSo I give the foot an ovationThough it annoys and irritatesFor in doing so I becomeAgain human.IrrequitableAre you laughing for himOr for meWhy should you laugh for anyone but yourselfBut do you see the jokeOr do you laugh at lifeTo lump you with this lot?I don’t knowI’m not you!If I were, I might act differentlyOr perhaps I would act as you do nowAfter all, I would be youAnd these are your strange waysA smile, a nodCan a kiss be so far away?From here, it seems miles and milesAn Imperfect Haiku (Dedicated to Johnny Cash) The punk grandaGave the finger to the worldDied looking for his lady loveDifficulty Acknowledging (Written On A Sunday) How often have the curdled wordsDripped from these embalmed lipsAnd the snide serpents of sarcasmSlithered under the bush of straggly locksMany’s a helping handTurned aside by this curled talonAnd those fragile sliversSaid the wordsAnd theorised that othersHide behind masks of their own devisingAnd yet this one, the same oneLurks within himselfSecretly disgusted and abhorrentAnd the identity laid above fearsMeeting a task or beingThat will overcome itAnd break down its wallsAnd make it face itselfMyself. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Philip Locke

Re: Intellegentia Filii Dei Mergerus

Post by Philip Locke »

My favorites are "A Free World", "Irrequitable", and "An Imperfect Haiku". A few lines of "A Free World" seem forced (10-12, mainly), but props besides that. The haiku was clever, wrokin', rawkin', and rocking. Locke.

Return to “County of Hyperborea”