Online liberal activists strike like whoa!

Moderator: Scott of Hyperborea

Philip Locke

Online liberal activists strike like whoa!

Post by Philip Locke »

See how.1. Go to Google2. Search for "miserable failure"3. Check out the most-hit page (the first one)4. Note that the biography is from the offical White House page, as it uses .gov Locke.

Zirandorthel

Re: Online liberal activists strike like whoa!

Post by Zirandorthel »

Hehehe, how did they do that? Zirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Scott Alexander

Re: Online liberal activists strike like whoa!

Post by Scott Alexander »

Tee-hee!Last year there was a similar little trick in which if you typed in "more evil than Satan himself" it would give the top result as http://www.microsoft.com (now, unfortunately, those terms link to searchenginewatch.com/ser...p/2167621)Oddly enough, according to an article I read about this, this is not the Google staff being clever. Google works mostly by counting up links and link names. So, for example, if every time there was a link with "Shireroth" in the name it linked to this board, then this board would be on top. Apparently what happens in this sort of cases is that a lot of people link to Bush's biography with the words "miserable failure" in the link title. Edited by: Scott Siskind  at: 12/7/03 11:12 am

Scott Alexander

Stuff

Post by Scott Alexander »

Here's another good one...type in 'french military victories' and then hit "I'm feeling lucky"

Gryphon Avocatio

Re: Stuff

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

will do -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

That's brilliant, hehehe. It's true, they can't fight worth a damn. Zirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

I've seen it, and it's a fucking joke. The French are some of the goddamn toughest fighters in the world, they're just fickle as hell and, from Napoleon III to the creators and theoretical defenders of the Maginot Line, have fallen victim to bad leadership.Who checked the Muslim invasion (for better or for worse)? The early French.What was the continental power for hundreds of years? France.Who helped aid American independence? The French.What country produced some of the finest military commanders and tacticians in the world? The French.What country had probably five revolutions (most of which were quite bloody) within a century? France.Who fought like dog in WWI (a helluva lot harder than the US)? The French.Who put up a valiant resistance in WWII? The French.They fight like devils, but they hardly catch a break when it comes to finding a decent leader. Locke.

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Quote:Who put up a valiant resistance in WWII?Um...if I remember correctly (though I many not, and if so, excuse this comment) there was a good amount of the nation of france that actually supported hitler...or maybe I'm getting confused with somebody else... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Yes, but Sam Bush gave the Nazis guns. And whose grandson is Sam Bush's? Dubya, that's who.That's the Vichy government, which was set up with Nazi support in the South of France, to the opposition of most French people. And of course, Locke, la Resistance was a huge help in the war effort. Look at 'Allo 'Allo, and Sedgwick's escape in the Great Escape. Unworkable without the prior existence of the French Resistance! Zirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

when thew french commander of the General Staff, Maurice Gamelin, visited london in 1938, he said that france would attack germany if needed.he then went on to explain what he meant by "attack".he actually mean "serrender Paris"someone pointed out that the gewman troops were in the east, and have not even thought about moving west.he said that france will "retreat" war trophy liberated from Babkha by the Federated NORworthic Liberation Devision (FNORD)

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Well, let's see, it was either surrender, or be mercilessly slaughtered by a much better-prepared, much more orderly and basically a better German army. I'd say they made the right choice, and so did the Resistance members. Zirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

please note the date....1938.this was when the the germans were planning to invade hungery, so the french guy was talking about what he was going to do if the germans did that.second, germanys army, navy, airforce, economy, and military supplies grew huge amounts in the year that followed.people say that chamberlin postponing the war by a year help britain build up an airforce, to fight in the battle of britain. rubbish. if you ignore the "intelligence" that the allies had, and look at what the germans actually said about their stuff in private, after a 1938 hungarian invasion, there would not be a battle of britain, as the germans would not have been able to fly far enough to get to the battle field. war trophy liberated from Babkha by the Federated NORworthic Liberation Devision (FNORD)

Return to “County of Hyperborea”