Hyperborean Motto

Moderator: Scott of Hyperborea

Philip Locke

Hyperborean Motto

Post by Philip Locke »

I propose, "Sun Bless, Earth Keep". It hints at our philosophic undertones, borrows from a religion whose age rivals that of Hyperborea itself, and can be cooly abbreviated (SBEK, biatch!). Locke.

Zirandorthel

Re: Hyperborean Motto

Post by Zirandorthel »

Well, the reasoning behind SBEK is that Rianna and Salio were the matron deities of the Five Island Kingdom, which Treesia was once an Island of, Rianna being the goddess of the sun, and Salio that of the Earth. We could certainly use this, and I've found that if you try to tailor the phrase to other nations and deities, it doesn't really work, so Sun Bless, Earth Keep, has my full support! Zirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

To the Council-mobile, Zirandorthel! Locke.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Jumping Jehosphephat, Philman! Zirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

Where the PRH is Scott? Locke.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Dead, or drunk, or dead-drunk, I guess. Zirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Or at an aunt's house for Thanksgiving for a few days...but I like your answer better.Hyperborea already has a motto from the Old Days (TM). Mekonamarisan tininidh ilol, which in Hyperborean is...something beginning with m. It means "The sun of righteousness shines upon us." But I like yours better, so if everyone agrees we can certainly switch.*gets out lexicon*Mekona basarim, mihita rininim

Scott Alexander

*finishes reading "A Game Of Thrones"*WINTER IS COMING!...or else "We Do Not Sow", so that our symbol can be a giant squid...but I like the first one better.

Phoenix the Risen

Post by Phoenix the Risen »

Howabout "What's Snew With You?" Phoenix the Risen - Dutchess of Kildare - Political Nuisance but at least She gets the job done. - Official Genkher of Gryphon Avocatio's Cool Short Sig and Gryphon the Pure's Awesome Tables! - COME BACK, STEVE!!! -"To quote a former Kaiser.... 'Shireroth doesn't give up land....'" ~UEC (Quoting Kaiser Letifer I), In response to claims on the Raynor Isles"To paraphrase a former Kaiser: 'Here! Take Amity for free! And that other half of Mar Sara too!'" ~SaiKar LumEth, (Paraphrasing Kaiser Mog I) In response to UEC"To paraphrase a former angry mob "DOWN WITH THE EVIL LAND-GIVING AWAY KAISER! REVOLT! REBELLION! CIVIL WAR!" ~Scott Siskind, (paraphrasing the Letifer Rebellion group) In response to SaiKar LumEth"I HEARBY QUESTION THE KAISERESS AUTHORITY!" ~Gryphon Avocado (Switching Day)

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Quote:We Do Not Sow", so that our symbol can be a giant squid...What? Zirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Scott Alexander

You won't know until you read "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R.R. Martin...but you should be doing that anyway.

Philip Locke

Post by Philip Locke »

Hail GRRM! Scott, tell me when you've finished off A Storm of Swords.And, yeah, I'm all about the new motto. The old one is nice but a tad on the clumsy side. Plus, it just doesn't have the umph-factor of SBEK. Locke.

Return to “County of Hyperborea”