Poetry Competition

Moderator: Scott of Hyperborea

Mikol Rugal

Poetry Competition

Post by Mikol Rugal »

Since it seems all three current Hyperborean citizens are poets, and since we have our own Solitary Poet elsewhere in Goldshire and a number of other micronationalists who write poetry, Hyperborea is pleased to offer its first Lavitharashinan, or Poetry Contest. Bards from all over the microworld will be invited to submit original works, with the winner being presented the Amethyst of Sithin, a traditional Hyperborean symbol of High Art.Everyone, from every country, is welcome to submit at most one piece of poetry to each of the following categories (submission to just one category is okay too)1. Free verse2. Poems that are not free verse; ie they have rhymes or accents or syllable structure or something like that3. Poems relating to a micronational subject - can be any formThe poems will be judged in a manner I haven't decided upon yet, with a winner for each category and an overall winner. They may be any (reasonable) length (epics will not be accepted) and should be sent to ssiskind@hamilton.edu.The contest will take place on November 6-7 to celebrate the birthdays of the Kaiseress and the Elder, respectively.

Philip Locke

Re: Poetry Competition

Post by Philip Locke »

You should advertise this in the Skyline. And at MNN. Locke.
Can humans do what prophets say?

Solitary Poet 8

Post by Solitary Poet 8 »

Can one poem fit more than one category? Like, 2 & 3? Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

If it fits 3, it's category 3. The first two categories are for nonmicronational stuff.I will advertise this in MNN, but the Skyline seems to be ontologically challenged at present.

Mari Greenwood

Post by Mari Greenwood »

Maybe I will try to write a poem. I have not done it in a while.

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

[I edited this out of the post and sent it to my email as per instructions. I'm thinking about maybe doing a judging thing by vote, which means no one should know who wrote what.] Edited by: Scott Siskind  at: 10/21/03 10:06 am

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

oopps....sorry war trophy liberated from Babkha by the Federated NORworthic Liberation Devision (FNORD)

Serapheenx

Post by Serapheenx »

Scott, I have something to submit. May I send it to your e-mail inbox?

Scott Alexander

You may. So may anyone else who wants.

Solitary Poet 8

I will write and send you a work when possible. As it stands, I'm rather busy at the moment. *groans* I hate school at times like these. Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

Mari Greenwood

Post by Mari Greenwood »

So submissions are suppose to be sent to Soctt's email and will be judged without knowing who submitted them?

Scott Alexander

Stuff

I *think* that's how it's going to work. What does everyone else think? Popular vote, or find as many people who really know poetry as I can who aren't in the contest and conscript them as judges?

Zirandorthel

Re: Stuff

Post by Zirandorthel »

But if they're sent to Mikol's e-mail, surely he knows who wrote them, or do other people judge them without the author being known? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Scott Alexander

I know who wrote them, but I'm not going to be submitting poems or, probably, participating in the judging.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Okay so, makes sense. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Scott Alexander

If you're sick of this competition, or if haiku is your thing, the Northern Forest Archipelago are EVIL PLAGIARISTS (not really, I doubt they even saw this) are are having a competition of their own. Read about it atpub114.ezboard.com/fmicro...=179.topic

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

"Nature and the natural worldMicronational subjects Freeform "is a haiku, I bet they did that on purpose.. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Benazir Malik

Post by Benazir Malik »

Eh. I'm up for it. Benazir Malik, MSSatrap of Vipia and KapitaliaHead of Dar Al FanunVizier of CultureMajlis Member, Behsaz Party

Solitary Poet 8

Sorry folks, but due to a micronational project of my own that I'm working on, I won't be able to enter this. When its nearing completion, I'll be sure to post in the General Discussion about it. Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

Return to “County of Hyperborea”