Edict X

AryezturMejorkhor

Edict X

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

Subjects and friends,

The time has come for my reign to end. I have accomplished everything I wanted to, and I believe that once there's not much a person in power wants to do, it means he should probably make room for someone else. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed my time as Duke. I know that for some, my reign was controversial. Nonetheless, I stand by my argument that my reforms and cultural development were necesarry, beneficial, and positive, and laid the groundwork for a future Goldshirerithian way that is both unique and strong. Goldshire must continue to grow its own identity. Politically, it would be nice for Goldshire's generally amiable relations with the other Duchies and Shirekeep to continue, although I have a warning for our southern neighbors: we are our own Duchy with our own culture and political institutions, so we will not look kindly towards interference in our affairs. Also, a word of advice to everyone: tradition is good, but change is not something to shy away from. Goldshire itself is an innovative and cosmopolitan Duchy. We should embrace those aspects of our heritage.

Leo Fenrir was succeed me as Duke. I wish him all the best. I am confident that Goldshire's prosperity will continue and that its power will grow. Cheers.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Erik Mortis

Re: Edict X

Post by Erik Mortis »

You guys are getting in a bad habit of having short reigns.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

This is a good habit, so far...
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Well, Leo's been around for quite some time. He's earned Nobility.

AryezturMejorkhor

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

We're a pretty dynamic Duchy. We like to pass the baton around a lot to constantly revitalize ourselves.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Yeah, at least nobody can say that there are no opportunities for advancement here. :thumbsup

I am glad you enjoyed your reign, mi'lord, and that you stayed on as long as you did. Despite the incessant babble from certain foreign parties, I think you did more good than harm in establishing our land's identity and place in things. Cheers.

Return to “Goldshire”