Edict III

AryezturMejorkhor

Edict III

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

Firstly, I request the creation of a epic of the adventures of Master Gold. All talented writers are invited to try their hand at this.

Secondly, I would like to enshrine the 8 Do's as the Code of Chivalry for the land. It shall be posted in all classrooms, in all offices, and read to every peasant.

Thirdly, I would like to announce the beginning of efforts to organize and catalog Goldshire's past. I request all Goldshirerithians participate in this; making the records and stories of old Goldshire available and easily accessible would be beneficial for our records and development. Anyone with memories or stories of the Goldshire of the past is invited to share them with us.

Fourthly, I put forth as our Ducal song the following by Yvain Wintersong. This song shall be sung in all schools and places of work and in the fields by every peasant at the beginning of each day:
A golden land, by the shining sea
Where the sun shines golden eternally
Where the rain falls, softly and quietly
On the Goldshire that I love.

How springs and winters alike have flown
Without a country to call our own
Till a Duke returned to the golden throne
Of the Goldshire that I love.

So many glories and years have passed
Like flowers felled by the winter's blast
But a golden age has returned at last
To the Goldshire that I love
Fifthly, I request that people visiting these forums use proper etiquette. Everyone here is here to have fun or participate in an interesting hobby so everyone is encouraged to express themselves fully. However, this does not include crossing socially acceptable lines. I strongly request that some amount of social self-awareness is maintained.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Harvey Steffke

Re: Edict III

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Thirdly, I would like to announce the beginning of efforts to organize and catalog Goldshire's past. I request all Goldshirerithians participate in this; making the records and stories of old Goldshire available and easily accessible would be beneficial for our records and development. Anyone with memories or stories of the Goldshire of the past is invited to share them with us.
I actually did a fair amount of this somewhat recently. Goldshire's past is a lot more interesting than most people know. Did you know that Goldshire Hamlet was the capital of Shireroth for a brief time when rebels sacked Shirekeep? It's true. It'll take me a few days to compile all my findings but consider me on this one.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

And Goldshire becomes the Duchy of Goody Two-shoes...
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Kaiser Leto III

Post by Kaiser Leto III »

Harvey Steffke wrote:
I actually did a fair amount of this somewhat recently. Goldshire's past is a lot more interesting than most people know. Did you know that Goldshire Hamlet was the capital of Shireroth for a brief time when rebels sacked Shirekeep? It's true. It'll take me a few days to compile all my findings but consider me on this one.
Hhmm. Interesting. Maybe it happens again in the future. :kaiser
Signed by the Nifty Hand of,
Leto III Ozymandias 'the Desired' of the Noble Line of Win'Eth

AryezturMejorkhor

Very good Harvey, I'll await your presentation.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

AryezturMejorkhor

Hopefully we'll be able to set up an "Annals of Goldshire," a collection of Goldshire's past with Harvey's information.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

AryezturMejorkhor wrote:"Annals of Goldshire,"
Not even gonna go there...
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »