Edict I: Misc. Things

AryezturMejorkhor

Edict I: Misc. Things

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

To avoid confusion and to enable effective record keeping, all new Duchal proclamations will be known as "Edicts" from now on and shall begin from the number I. To continue with tradition, the historians will also number "Edicts" by their old title (Decree) in continuation from the past; so this Edict I = Decree 30. Roman numerals are to be used.

All Dukes will be given posthumous names. They will be known by those names when referring to the history of Goldshire. Therefore, Harvey Steffke, being first Duke, has been awarded the title "Progenitor Duke."

Goldshire shall follow the Calendar of Shireroth. In addition, Goldshire will follow its own Era Calendar with Era names taken from the Posthumous names of the Dukes and numbers given by the day and week they rule. Therefore, the 3rd day of Harvery's rule will be known as "Progenitor Era, Week 1, Day 3."

Finally, Goldshire Hamlet shall be popularly known as Auracivitas, Golden City. The official name shall remain Goldshire Hamlet.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Malliki Tosha

Re: Edict I: Misc. Things

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Dude, stop deleting Goldshire's history. It's bothering me extremely. Goldshire Hamlet has been named that for a very long time, and you just waltz in here and change everything.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

AryezturMejorkhor

Nothing was "deleted." And the name change was minor, a hamlet became a city. If the people of Goldshire object to this, I will reverse my decision.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

It is a city, it is just called a hamlet. Brookshire Hamlet is another example. And I don't call it a "minor change".
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

AryezturMejorkhor

Lets see what my people say.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Although I agree with you about Goldshire Hamlet being a dumb name, there's a lot of tradition behind it. In particular, it's been named Goldshire Hamlet since the very first MCS Map, which has a sort of sacred status around here. Although your reasons make sense, I'd urge against you changing it officially.

I think if you were to state that its popular name/nickname had become Goldshire City/Auracivitas even though the official name was never changed, everyone would support that.

AryezturMejorkhor

Thank you Scott. Let it be done.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I have no problem with the edict as it is written now. I would have objected strongly to officially changing the name, but since that seems to have been cleared up, it's a moot point now.

Allot

Post by Allot »

It's a moo point, because cows can't talk...XD
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Return to “Goldshire”