Sideways to the Sun

Yvain Wintersong

Sideways to the Sun

Post by Yvain Wintersong »

I swore an oath, a long time ago, that if Goldshire should become independent, I would return to witness its glories and perhaps, in my small way, add to them. So has it been. But I am no longer fully mortal, and my destiny no longer lies in mortal hands or in mortal lands. Once again, I must turn sideways to the sun and join my ancestors, the faeries of old Goldshire.

As I leave, I am warmed by all Goldshire has become. From the gleaming cities and moon rituals of Khorze to the new palaces rising in the capital, Goldshire is no less than it was during the days of sun-glazed fields I loved so well. Different, perhaps, but no less.

I leave my Rishi, Aryeztur Mejorkhor, my ducal coronet and a warning. If you respect Goldshire and her ways, she will bring you power, riches, and the happiness that transcends either. But if you try to remake her in the image of another land, you will find she is more than modeling clay, and has a will of her own. I trust you have the strength and the subtlety to keep the laws I have laid down and to add to them your own wisdom and justice. Harvey, I trust you to watch over him and advise him.

Here is my golden torc. Keep it safe. In this land's hour of greatest need, throw it into the waters of the Elwynn, and I will hear you and come to your aid.

Until then, shine on.

Daniel Farewell

Re: Sideways to the Sun

Post by Daniel Farewell »

Sun bless, Earth keep, Yvain. You will be missed.

To Aryeztur, may you rule wisely. If you ever need help... then call on me, call on Brookshire.

AryezturMejorkhor

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

Thank you, Lord Yvain. Hopefully you will remain around in Goldshire. Much work is yet to be done. Your efforts were great and are appreciated. If you wish for a job, name one, and it shall be yours.
Last edited by AryezturMejorkhor on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

AryezturMejorkhor

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

Also thank you Duke Llai. I have not had the pleasure of your acquaintance yet.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Allot

Post by Allot »

"The new Duke looks oddly familiar..." mused Isabelle from a side street.
"Yes, milday," whispered the ever-present adjutant, "You met him in Antica."
"Really? Well then, please hand me my welcome gift."

"No, that's the rocket launcher, the other welcome gift. Really? Very well, how do you aim this thing?"
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Return to “Goldshire”