Making Goldshire glitter

Yvain Wintersong

Making Goldshire glitter

Post by Yvain Wintersong »

People of Goldshire, I will be brief. In more ways than one. I left Shireroth behind many years ago, and I neither can nor would return to the mortal realm permanently. But it amuses me to briefly try my hand at ruling this land I love. While I do, you will be loyal and courageous, as befits nobles of Goldshire, and when I leave, probably sometime in Vivantiana, I will appoint one of you my successor, and perhaps be more discerning in the appointment than my lamented predecessor.

But for now, we have a Duchy to build.

Baron Aryeztur Mejorkhor, I have toured your Barony and decided you have a good head for the more spiritual side of things. I declare you High Ollave of Goldshire (you can change the name if you have a better idea). I want you to take all the threads of Goldshirerithian culture - the Celtic bits from Ynnraile, the Arya bits from Khorze, the Cedrist bits from Shireroth in general, whatever else you can piece together from the archives - and make something truly Goldshirerithian out of it. And I want you to resurrect the old Knights of Goldshire - they used to be called Paladins, but that name is taken - and give them some sort of chivalric basis they can be proud of.

Baron Santelraan Rotsaa, I need a strong ally in Shirekeep. You are Goldshire's master of Imperial-level politics, and as of now you are my emissary. Think of a suitably fancy title, give it to yourself, and get to work. And thanks to my sidhe wild streak, you will be acting as the Fishday Duke of Misrule. Legally it means that every Fishday, you're in charge here, with no restrictions but those of a Ruling Steward (don't overthrow me and we'll get along fine). I won't counteract anything you do until I take power again the following Arisday.

Harvey Steffke. There is no position I could give you that would satisfy the debt Goldshire owes to you, and if there were you would not accept it, so I'll just give you something useful. You are now Mayor of Goldshire Hamlet, and in charge of making it a great city able to stand beside Eliria or Novi Nigrad as one of Shireroth's ducal capitals. I suggest taking advantage of Baron Aryeztur's obvious skill at finding good images and my own humble attempts at mapping, but the details are up to you.

Tristan Calvani, I know nothing about you except that you wandered in today and seem to be a nice enough chap with a nifty name. Why don't you spend a little while finding your way around before I set you to work? If you need something to do, why don't you go around to some of the other Duchies, get to know some of the people there, and send Goldshire's and my own greetings and good wishes to them - it'll get you nice and familiar with the rest of the nation. And take this sash proclaiming you Ducal Herald. You'll need it. And stay away from Elwynn. The last three guys I send in there never made it back.

Then there's the little matter of feudal holdings. Baron Santelran, I confirm you as lord of Ynnraile and its three votes. Baron Aryeztur, I confirm you as lord of Khorze and am increasing your voting power to three because I trust you to be more active in the future. That leaves myself with four votes, which I am handing over to Baron Santelran as my emissary.

Oh, right. The succession. Whichever one of you can recruit the most good new citizens to Goldshire by the time I leave will be the next Duke. If you all recruit the same number, I just choose whichever of my subjects I like best, or the prettiest if I start getting girl subjects.

We are Shireroth's oldest Duchy, founded back in the year 2000, and also its newest, resurrected only last month. We have a long history and a promising future. Let's build this place up so fast the rest of Shireroth never even knows what hit them.

Harvey Steffke

Re: Making Goldshire glitter

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Guy's too busy to ever come to Goldshire Hamlet to make good on a semi-legendary promise to be among the crowds celebrating the rebirth of the duchy, but he has no problem putting me to work within 24 hours of taking the throne...

I mean, ahem, yes mi'lord.

Leo Fenrir

Post by Leo Fenrir »

Yvain Wintersong wrote:And stay away from Elwynn. The last three guys I send in there never made it back.
We didn't turn out so bad. :p

But I look forwards to witnessing the birth of a new Duchy. (Actually when exams are over I may even do some work in Goldendown. :) )
Leo Fenrir

AryezturMejorkhor

Post by AryezturMejorkhor »

As you will, milord Duke.

The project you have given me is very interesting. No doubt I will have much fun doing it. I will hopefully complete the task within a month.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

AryezturMejorkhor

Tristan Calvani, the Free City of Teldrin needs a lord if you want a position.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Dolor pledges... errr.. nothing.

Tristan Calvani

Post by Tristan Calvani »

Tristan Calvani, I know nothing about you except that you wandered in today and seem to be a nice enough chap with a nifty name. Why don't you spend a little while finding your way around before I set you to work? If you need something to do, why don't you go around to some of the other Duchies, get to know some of the people there, and send Goldshire's and my own greetings and good wishes to them - it'll get you nice and familiar with the rest of the nation. And take this sash proclaiming you Ducal Herald. You'll need it. And stay away from Elwynn. The last three guys I send in there never made it back.
Thank you, your grace (correct honorific for Duke?!). And forgive any ignorance I display to the customs of this fine nation and the duchy - I believe I address you as Mr. earlier! I will learn fast! Thank you for the honour of your confidence vis-a-vis bestowing on me Ducal Herald and sending Goldshire's salutations to others. In the meanwhile, please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist.
AryezturMejorkhor wrote:Tristan Calvani, the Free City of Teldrin needs a lord if you want a position.
Baron Aryztur of Khoze, I presume? Honoured to meet you. That proposal sounds very interesting, please allow me some time if you will to explore your barony and Teldrin. Many thanks for your interest!

AryezturMejorkhor

Yes, greetings and a pleasure to meet you.

I only recently became Baron so Khorze is one big construction site. So far, I've mostly focused on building up my capital of Mejor, but as that's now done, I can turn my attention to the rest of the Barony. Teldrin therefore, has great potential, and that is where you come in. The city would be yours to build up. Teldrin is currently of special importance since it is one of the two sites selected for a bridge across the river connecting Khorze with Brookshire. The location of Teldrin and the fact that it will have a bridge, and the fact that it is midway between Shirekeep and Mejor means that it has great economic potential. It is also culturally underdeveloped (as I just become Baron a month ago), so you can play around with that too.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

AryezturMejorkhor

Nobles of Goldshire, I also would like to offer you all palaces in Mejor. In other words, you may reside in Mejor at any time in your own residences. If it pleases you, I would like to suggest that possibility of moving the Duchal capital to Mejor- yes, I will offer up to Goldshire the city of Mejor, a city built for kings.
Aryeztur Mejorkhor

Santelran Rottsaa

Post by Santelran Rottsaa »

Yvain Wintersong wrote:Baron Santelraan Rotsaa, I need a strong ally in Shirekeep. You are Goldshire's master of Imperial-level politics, and as of now you are my emissary. Think of a suitably fancy title, give it to yourself, and get to work.
Ah shit, I gotta work now. Okidoke, off to the Landsraad I go. :angel
Yvain Wintersong wrote:And thanks to my sidhe wild streak, you will be acting as the Fishday Duke of Misrule. Legally it means that every Fishday, you're in charge here, with no restrictions but those of a Ruling Steward (don't overthrow me and we'll get along fine). I won't counteract anything you do until I take power again the following Arisday.
THIS will be the lulziest. Thank you. :demon
Libido-powered perversion, coming to your home at the speed of light.

The longer that the journey takes, the further down the road

"Well, as the saying goes with D&D, give players a fish, and they'll use it to club someone down. Teach a player to fish, and you'll have them showing up next session with a copy of The Complete Fisherman, trying to dual-wield vorpal fishing poles."

Return to “Goldshire”