Polar night

Moderator: Daniel Farewell

andelarion

Polar night

Post by andelarion »

It is night at Cape Farewell, yet noon. The endless night surrounds me. I have seen no sun for days. When will the sun decide to rise over the horizon? How I long for the sun! If only it would decide to rise for just a few minutes... But no, the polar night, the endlessness is here

The ocean is frozen. It´s so quiet. The silence is deafening. The seeming dimension of the sea... I cannot see far. I hear no birds sing. I see no life. I am all alone.

To fight the silence I throw pebbles on to the frosty sea. So small sounds I can make. I stamp feet on the snow-covered ground. There is no life here. This loneliness... It´s killing me. My thoughts wander. Lest appears in my mind. He is there, in my mind, playing tricks. Chilly orgasms of adrenaline, cold as this very winter, he brings my body unto every vein and every cell.

He whispers, echoing: "I am the Chosen, the Child of Fate". These words of evil, of pure darkness, frighten me. "I am the Nightfall, and I will prevail!"

I feel hate. For each word he induces, for each word he lets my ears hear, I feel more and more lonely. Where is my goddess, my saviour?
Tears fall from my eyes, and I... "Welcome to sphere of Evil" I hear, my own thoughts interrupted by Lest.

"Where is Elwynn?" he asks me.

"Get away from me!" I shout repeatedly.

I rip my clothes apart. I cry out loud. "Elwynn! Save me! Lift me up!" But no one hears me, save for Lest, who mocks me for every word I say.

"My goddess, don´t leave me. Come, I beg you with all that I am, take your brother away from me, from my body and my mind. Please! I´ll do anything."

Nothing happens. Lest is laughing and decides to bring me another orgasm of evil. I drop to the ground.

Then, the night begins to gleam. I look up. And suddenly, Lest is quiet. Colours of red, blue and green appear on the grvens glisten. The irises of my Lady are here.

I do not wander alone, for you are with me. Even at the darkest hour there may be light. Even when the sun is gone, your eyes appear. I am seen. You see me.

And I find, on the ground, an orchid frozen, yet intact.

hypatias mom

Re: Polar night

Post by hypatias mom »

Beautiful! Thank you for this prose-poem.

andelarion

Re: Polar night

Post by andelarion »

Thank you.

Return to “County of Cape Farewell”