A Routine Report

Moderator: Daniel Farewell

Meretricious Kalends
Location: Immediately behind you, cudgel poised above your head...

A Routine Report

Post by Meretricious Kalends »

To: Office of the Brigadgeneral
[Date & Time Logged]

Panopticon Gasthörer Kalends has the honour to report the electromagnetic intercept of the following keystroke inputs detected in the Caligae urban area during 3698 ASC. Attempts to match these inputs to users noted as being with access to electronic word processing equipment during the time period when they were logged are ongoing.
The White Star Chemical Works have lain abandoned for at least two hundred and eighty years, and as one might expect, the investigation has acquired more of an air of an archaeological dig than your more scavenging operation.

The destruction of Caligae during the recent Ocian Mercenary atrocity bombing campaign was fortuitous as it has resulted in the release of a significant number of the utterly destitute onto the labour markets and it has also provided cover in that parties of men digging amidst ruins is no longer in itself a remarkable occurance and in that sense we managed, thus far to escape official attention.

Our client's interest in acquiring antique Babkhan and or Karnalian industrial tech is perhaps eccentric considering that the dividends yielded are paltry compared to Jasonian or Menelmacari artefacts. However his requirements are quite specific and, so long as payments continue to arrive regularly via Ozymandias, I have no reason to query what I have been instructed to look for.

We recovered a Centrifugal Separator this morning. Heavily corroded, naturally, but still recognisable. Whilst not in itself particularly valuable I will nonetheless have it packed up and dispatched in the usual manner to our contact in Wolfraven. After that where it goes, and to whom, is none of my concern.

Return to “County of Cape Farewell”