FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaiser Mors III

Re: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Kaiser Mors III »

Scott is quite Nifty... Ari is really Nifty though.. even I don't think I could reach his level of Niftiness.. nor Scott's Level... I'm just not that Nifty.. Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

I am a human spam-ball. Worship me. -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas Give me your child, and by the age of five, I can make him a priest or a thief or a scholar. - SCOTT: You know, I always joke about how nothing will ever be able to get me out of micronations...but...I think if my mother got into micronations that would get me out in a hurry. - GUILDENSTERN:We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

"Human spam-ball, what should we do?""Ask later." Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'Taras

Kaiser Mors III

I'm just me... Nothing worth worshiping.. Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Quote:Ari... is that your Sig?Yes. It's one of my favourite kinds of signatures, insanity piled on insanity. Like what I intended to do with the one that plagiarised Eoin's - it was supposed to read something like "To find an equal for himself, a Finn is forced to talk to an Irishman" (due to a braino it became just a boring, inferior copy of the original and I never bothered to change it)Quote:PS: Could you translate that form "PYYDYSTÄMÄSTÄ"? Is it something like "being caught"?Heh... no. You didn't really think it was something that simple, did you ? "Pyydystämästä" is the verb "pyydystää" in the third infinitive (pyydystä-mä-), conjugated in elative. "Pyydystää", in turn, is derived from "pyytää" which means "catch" and "ask for". You'll understand the connection if you think of the worldview of ancient Finns. Since "pyydystämästä" is heavy on grammar and light on semantics, and the grammar is not of the kind that maps easily to English, it's a bit hard to translate by itself. The whole sentence goes "As well as I can stop breathing and go on living can I stop trapping you". Except that that's not quite it (you were expecting this, weren't you?). The "well" is a bit too positive here, the Finnish word "vähän" means literally "little" (as in, some but not much - not what the Brits consider it to mean). "Trapping" was a bit of a tough choice - "chasing" was suggested, too. Also, you'll notice that the sentence is... well, a bit clunky. That's deliberate - the original, too, is a lot more complicated than it really needs to be.Quote:Scott is quite Nifty... Ari is really Nifty though.. even I don't think I could reach his level of Niftiness.. nor Scott's Level... I'm just not that Nifty..I wish I could meet you guys in real life, just to show that there are several good reasons why most people who know me in meatspace do not consider me nifty... I spend my days enjoying the minty taste that surrounds Erik.

Kaiser Mors III

Well.. We think you are Nifty... so.. HA! Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

Quote:The whole sentence goes "As well as I can stop breathing and go on living can I stop trapping you". Except that that's not quite it (you were expecting this, weren't you?). The "well" is a bit too positive here, the Finnish word "vähän" means literally "little" (as in, some but not much - not what the Brits consider it to mean). "Trapping" was a bit of a tough choice - "chasing" was suggested, too. Also, you'll notice that the sentence is... well, a bit clunky. That's deliberate - the original, too, is a lot more complicated than it really needs to be.See...that's what I originally thought, but it didn't seem to make any sense. I thought "I can't stop trapping you" sounded a lot less sensible than "I can't stop being trapped by you", since traditionally the trapper has less problem avoiding the trap than the person trapped in it does. So what, then, is that line supposed to mean?And is there anywhere I can get the song online? Edited by: Scott Siskind  at: 1/18/04 7:36 pm

Kaiser Mors III

MATTI!!!!!!!!Or... not... Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Quote:So what, then, is that line supposed to mean?You need a little education in the art of understanding CMX lyrics before this can really even be *explained* to you... but... well, Tuomerehu, our resident cynic at #suomi said that it's "I love you" said in a really roundabout and (not in a positive way) poetic way. I guess the trapping part makes sense if you consider it to mean a kind of romantic trapping... OK, that's not a *lot* of sense but it's more than what you can glean from a usual CMX line.Quote:And is there anywhere I can get the song online?The easiest way is P2P, I recommend Soulseek. Probably the most reliable way is to wake up early every morning and get on AIM so that you might catch me online one day. I spend my days enjoying the minty taste that surrounds Erik.

Kaiser Mors III

It's all Finnish to me... Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Scott Alexander

Quote: I guess the trapping part makes sense if you consider it to mean a kind of romantic trapping... OK, that's not a *lot* of sense but it's more than what you can glean from a usual CMX line.It STILL would make more sense if you couldn't stop being trapped by her than if you couldn't help trapping her...but I'll just chalk it up to Finnish perversity and move on.

Gryphon Avocatio

Quote:I wish I could meet you guys in real life, just to show that there are several good reasons why most people who know me in meatspace do not consider me nifty...You should call erik one day...or...send us a picture...so we know...somehting... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas Give me your child, and by the age of five, I can make him a priest or a thief or a scholar. - SCOTT: You know, I always joke about how nothing will ever be able to get me out of micronations...but...I think if my mother got into micronations that would get me out in a hurry. - GUILDENSTERN:We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Scott Alexander

Stuff

I've seen a picture of Ari somewhere...though I can't remember where...he looked a lot like...every other white male our age, actually. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was mildly disappointing.

Zirandorthel

Re: Stuff

Post by Zirandorthel »

There aren't that many blond-haired people in Ireland, so he looked sort of Nordic to me, like the one other Finnish person I've met.I was expecting horns though, and a least a little green. Sun Bless, Earth KeepZirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar, Tivitha e'Taras

Kaiser Mors III

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate you Scott!.. I haaate you..... Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Gryphon Avocatio

I look nordic...though probably not to nordic people...but I am somewhat Swedish way back...but I'm not blonde...i have lighter brown hair....ther'es a picca of me floating around the General Forum somewhere... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas Give me your child, and by the age of five, I can make him a priest or a thief or a scholar. - SCOTT: You know, I always joke about how nothing will ever be able to get me out of micronations...but...I think if my mother got into micronations that would get me out in a hurry. - GUILDENSTERN:We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Kaiser Mors III

look more Italian to me... Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Gryphon Avocatio

No...not really...do you even know what italians look like...my brother looks italian...i'm incredibly white whereas italians are darker...my hair's proly german, not nordic...but then again, there are dark-haired swedes...and besides, people believe it when i tell them I am of nordic decent...when I tell tell people that I am italian they don't believe me...unless they are nordic themselves...then they think i'm english... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas Give me your child, and by the age of five, I can make him a priest or a thief or a scholar. - SCOTT: You know, I always joke about how nothing will ever be able to get me out of micronations...but...I think if my mother got into micronations that would get me out in a hurry. - GUILDENSTERN:We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

unless they see my family, people think I am indian...if they see my family, they though I am one of them...some say I look like like my dad, who used to get mistaken for TV's Tevor MacDonold and if you take away my dads features, i look like my uncle on my moms side, who, it is said, looks like furgal sharky...... "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Kaiser Mors III

I seee... Fine nick... You aren't Italian..hehe.. HAPPY?! Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Gryphon Avocatio

Give me pizza you austrian person...wait...i am austrian too *can't win*... -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas Give me your child, and by the age of five, I can make him a priest or a thief or a scholar. - SCOTT: You know, I always joke about how nothing will ever be able to get me out of micronations...but...I think if my mother got into micronations that would get me out in a hurry. - GUILDENSTERN:We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Kaiser Mors III

I'm also English.. and Russian.. and Dutch... Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Gryphon Avocatio

Gah...i give up...We're white!! -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas Give me your child, and by the age of five, I can make him a priest or a thief or a scholar. - SCOTT: You know, I always joke about how nothing will ever be able to get me out of micronations...but...I think if my mother got into micronations that would get me out in a hurry. - GUILDENSTERN:We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Jadie of Goldshire

Post by Jadie of Goldshire »

I'm an Irish Mutt Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

Mattlore Devious

Post by Mattlore Devious »

yay for Irish...uh, -ness

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

I gave up working out what blood flows in me a long time ago... "Disclaimer: Whatever is in the above post is probably a result of my blind following of Kieran Bennett, because I have even less of a brain than Kieran. Don't even get me started on my lack of independent thought."

Kaiser Mors III

I didn't.. I know my bloodlines... 3/8 English 1/8 Austian 1/4 Dutch 1/4 Ukrainian/Russian... Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Jadie of Goldshire

Post by Jadie of Goldshire »

I just know that I am mostly Irish...Then I'm Scottish, Dutch, English, and Native American Jadie of GoldshireCarry on with your lives people...nothing to see here.

Kaiseress Alexia Mors III

Post by Kaiseress Alexia Mors III »

I am 1/2 Czech (my mom is Czech), then English and German somewhere (my dad....little harder to decern roots on that side).... The Through-Marriage-Noble-Of- Brookshire

Kaiser Mors III

And why is that again? Mortis BrookshireKaiser of Shireroth

Return to “Fiefdom Archive - Brookshire”