Taxes

Shasta Rana Wanderlust

Taxes

Post by Shasta Rana Wanderlust »

Are you taxing your loyal citizens? So, if god is falliable, does that mean that this universe (or plane of existence, depending on your style of thought) could be nothing more than a metaphysical trashcan?Platypi point to this being true.

Erik Mortis

Re: Taxes

Post by Erik Mortis »

IF you do.. don't tax the people in baronies.. instead.. tax the barony.. who in turn taxes the people.. thus they aren't taxed twice... (well.. in a way they are... but it works out) Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Rakesh86

Post by Rakesh86 »

I have not resolved whether or not to impose taxes and will further consult with the Minister of Trade over the issue.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

2 proposals for taxes.Name: Brookshire Local Income TaxLevied upon: All residents in Brookshire Proper.Rate: 2% of income/profitCollected To: Dukal Treasury. Name: Brookshire Local Nobility TaxLevied upon: All Barons(esses) in Brookshire.Rate: 10% of Tax revenue generated by Barony.Collected To: Dukal Treasury.These two taxes combined would make sure that everyone in the duchy was taxed, but that no one was taxed twice.I propose a similar tax as the Brookshire Local Income Tax in Alexandross to complete the balancing act.How do these look m'lord? Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Rakesh86

Post by Rakesh86 »

They look acceptable, however, I want to know what the other Duchies are planning before I forge ahead.

Alexandra Decens

Post by Alexandra Decens »

the taxes in this Dutchy can be independant of other Dutchies...but i can see the point of waiting...maybe a standardized tax...um...something-or-other will pop up or some such... I have no custom signature...oh wait...

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

I encourage both a Nobility Tax and a Business Tax.The structure of the Nobilty Tax can take several forms. I believe it is wise to look at what the other Duchies do as a high rate may cause some people to want to move.Yet no Nobility Tax at all could cause there to be a low amount of funds. The structure of the tax and interaction with a Nobilty Tax at the Barony level and/or County level could also have either positive or negative effects.However, at this time, it is my intention to reduce the amount of the income tax by the amount of the Nobility Tax. This feature will probably not last forever but does allow a mechanism for Nobles to build an account for their lands.Any business tax would be in addition to all other taxes and I urge the consideration of possible effects.Of course, the Noble who imposes either of these taxes may choose to have all or any portion of the collected tax placed in their personal account rather than an account for the government.Austi ScotMinister of Trade

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

But either way.. the tax income would be taxed. My Lord. Why wait for other duchy, for they may be thinking the same, why not be the trend setters? Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

I agree - be the trend setter. Adjustments can be made at any point in time.Austi

Alexandra Decens

Post by Alexandra Decens »

Okey dokey then.... I have no custom signature...oh wait...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Revised. I think we should enact these taxes. We'll be the first Duchy to have its tax structure up (including it's barony)Name: Brookshire Local Income TaxLevied upon: All residents in Brookshire Proper.Rate: 3% of incomeCollected To: Dukal Treasury.Name: Brookshire Local Nobility TaxLevied upon: All Barons(esses) in Brookshire.Rate: 10% of Tax revenue generated by Barony.Collected To: Dukal Treasury.Name: Brookshire Local Business TaxLevied upon: All Businesses in Brookshire Proper.Rate: 6% of income.Collected To: Dukal Treasury. Erik Mortis BrookshireCommoner of Alexandretta

Return to “Fiefdom Archive - Brookshire”