To the Kaiser concerning the Amendment Bill.

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Erik Mortis

To the Kaiser concerning the Amendment Bill.

Post by Erik Mortis »

In Imperial Decree 345 the Kaiser said that he would remove the amendments made by Loki III if the Landsraad voted unanimously to repeal them. The landsraad has done so. Now the Kaiser says that this means ALL dukes must vote for it to count as animous.

The Kaiser cannot tell the Landsraad how to conduct votes. If the Landsraad considers Unanimous to simply mean all votes cast are Aye, then that is what Unanimous from the Landsraad means. The Landsraad has protections from outside interference in matters of voting procedures. The Landsraad has, at this point, voted 3-0 to repeal the amendments. The vote passed unanimously.

Kaiser Reynardine I

Re: To the Kaiser concerning the Amendment Bill.

Post by Kaiser Reynardine I »

*shrug*

That works, then...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

This was my less angry more reasonable version of this post..hehe

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

DISAGREEMENT.

This is not the Kaiser telling the Landsraad their procedures. This is the Kaiser making an offer. The Kaiser said if the Landsraad voted unanimously, he would use his Kaiserial powers in a certain way. It's his right to look at the Landsraad vote and see if it meets *his* criteria for *him* wanting to use his Kaiserial powers.

Not only is it within his rights to decide he doesn't want to decree anything because he doesn't like this definition of unanimity, it would be within his rights to change his mind and not decree anything even if the Landsraad did vote unanimously. The Landsraad can do whatever they want over in Landsraad-land, but as soon as anything that happens in Landsraad-land affects Kaiserial decrees and whatnot, it's the Kaiser's choice whether or not he wants to have anything to do with the Landsraad at all and under what conditions.

Or else I just don't understand the issue.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Perhaps, but a Duke not voting is giving silent consent in my mind. I don't take a non-vote as an automatic Nay.
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Kaiser Reynardine I

Post by Kaiser Reynardine I »

3-0 is still unanimous. No one voted nay, and I left the Landsraad to vote on as they would. This is unanimous. The deed is done now anyway.

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”