Re: Statement of Principle

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Ari Rahikkala

Re: Re: Statement of Principle

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

So, essentially, the statement is a middle ground between "everyone actually just decides to be happy and to get along" and clear, well-defined law? Well... suits me, I guess. I *am* a bit concerned that just because it's not meant to be law doesn't mean that it will be read and analysed as annoyingly closely as a law, should things come down to strife and conflict again.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

(oh, yeah, and one other thing: I still think the wording is, well... bad. In the us versus them sense. A better amendment than Jonas's would be to just drop the "With this in mind the Landsraad feels that certain behaviors are unacceptable by those that may visit here, and even attempt to call Shireroth their home." completely.)

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

I just don't feel we really can legislate morality as (was is Scott or Harvey?) someone put it. I understand there are differing levels of acceptable behavior, but I do feel it's important to say that there IS a level, though we may not all agree to the exact extent of it. I mean. ICEBREAKER is kinda an ass, but we don't get offended by him, most of the time. Maybe it's the all caps that adds a level of playfulness to it. But if for example, I told say.. Harvey that I think his ideas of stupid and that he's an idiot. That would start crossing a line. (I don't Harvey, I just wanted to use myself and someone I might theoretically have a dispute with. I think you are quite intelligent and generally have well thought out ideas, though I don't always agree with them. )

And I think that's part of the problem of making a strict law, ICEBREAKER would fall into that law. That being said, it would be possible for him to pass from seemingly playful into starting to actually make people feel unwelcome, and the environment hostile.

What if we changes it to "With this in mind the Landsraad feels that certain behaviors are unacceptable." No mention of who might do it. With the hopeful implication that ALL fall into the category of people. Or add in "by anyone".

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

"With this in mind the Landsraad feels that certain behaviors are unacceptable." works, too :)

Jacobus Loki

Re: Statement of Principle

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Works for me.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Ari Rahikkala wrote:"With this in mind the Landsraad feels that certain behaviors are unacceptable." works, too :)
If that makes you happy. :thumbsup

Harvey, to refer to some posts back: I'm really not trying to offend you in any way. I'm not a person who's calling people assholes behind their back. If we have an argument, or multiple arguments that will not lead to me calling you like that (as I have too much respect for you and my fellow micronationalists). I'm also not ironic in that kind of things.
About Mike: I have made very clear that I didn't like that kind of behaviour, there it stops for me. :)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”