Economic Deletion Act 3962

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

CJ Miller

Economic Deletion Act 3962

Post by CJ Miller »

Whereas the economy is about to be made impotent by the Opt Out Act, and is undesired by a large enough portion of the nation to render it a useless exercise.

Be it resolved that LB: XII be deleted entirely.

Be it resolved that LB: V. D be deleted entirely and the Ministry of Trade be disbanded and archived.

Be it resolves that all forums concerning economic matters be archived.

Be it resolved that the Title Purchasing Act be Canceled.

Be it resolved that Shireroth leave the SCUE Treaty.

Be it resolved that the SCUE bank currently hosted by Shireroth be transferred to the server of another nation or organization.
Discuss.

Jonas

Re: Economic Deletion Act 3962

Post by Jonas »

Erik, you're saying it's bullshit to have some people in the system, and others out. I find it bullshit to delete the economy just because there are some who don't want to use it. There are several citizens who use it quite regularly and it's not like having an economy hurts the nation. :rolleyes

Hhmm... this will probably lead to panic on the ASTEX... better sell my stocks before it's too late... :evil
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

This will quickly get an imperial veto, I assume.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Falkner van der Sluijs wrote:This will quickly get an imperial veto, I assume.
It has already, if I'm not mistaking. :angel
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Falkner van der Sluijs

Oh good.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

It did. I won't push it again. But I'm not going to work on economic anymore. I had hoped to help create something, but no one wants to make something good, so I'm not gonna bother. I hate half assing things.

Falkner van der Sluijs

Some people are suited to an economy, others are not. Personally, I don't like money in the real world, so, predictably, I don't like money in the micronational world. I tried making an economy in Toketi, it failed beautifully. The fact that the economy is doing as well as it is now speaks for its relative success, and while I personally don't feel that I would want to participate myself, I applaud those who keep it going. It is certainly a system worth sustaining.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Kaiseress Anandja II

Post by Kaiseress Anandja II »

I think the economy is rather good.
Anandja II Shika
Kaiseress of Shireroth
Lady of the Golden Mango Throne
Countess of Shirekeep
'Ananita, Shika Shilota'i

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Erik Mortis wrote:It did. I won't push it again. But I'm not going to work on economic anymore. I had hoped to help create something, but no one wants to make something good, so I'm not gonna bother. I hate half assing things.
No one? I'm active in the economy, Andreas is, several others too. But I know what you mean: the opt-out-thing isn't so good.

Batavia had the same problem years ago, it was solved by just saying: "no bank account, you can't pay. Result is that you can't have the 'disadvantage' of paying taxes, but the same time you can't buy things when you want it, etc.".
I haven't properly read the opt-out-topic, but the bill looked quite... unnecessary... :knife

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

TWO PEOPLE. TWO PEOPLE, IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF SHIREROTH, HAVE SAID THEY DON'T LIKE THE ECONOMY ENOUGH TO OPT OUT OF IT. TWO PEOPLE. THE HOUSE SYSTEM AT LEAST HAD THREE PEOPLE COMPLAINING VIRULENTLY ABOUT LOSING ALL THEIR LAND, TWO UNHAPPY ENOUGH TO LEAVE/GO INACTIVE (AND SEVERAL OTHERS NOT ENTIRELY HAPPY WITH IT) AND YOU PUSHED AHEAD WITH THAT. YOU TRIED TO TALK WITH THEM AND REFORM IT TO MAKE THEM HAPPY. IT WORKED FOR AT LEAST ONE OF THEM. AND NOW, WHEN I TRY TO TALK WITH TWO PEOPLE TO STOP THEM LEAVING AND KEEP THEM HAPPY, AND ACTUALLY WORK OUT A PRACTICAL SYSTEM THAT ALLOWS THEM TO IGNORE THE COSTS AND BENEFITS OF THE ECONOMY AND THE REST OF US TO STAY INVOLVED, YOU SAY THE ECONOMY IS GOING TO DIE. YOU BECOME THE PROPHET OF DOOM. DOOOOOOOM he said, letting the syllable roll and apparently enjoying the experience. THIS, FROM THE MAN WHO SAID THE SC IS PERFECTLY FINE TO NOT DO MUCH BECAUSE IT'S THERE TO ORGANISE TREATIES WHEN THEY NEED TO BE ORGANISED AND DOESN'T NEED TO BE ACTIVE ALL THE TIME. IT WOULD BE PRETENTIOUS TO EXPECT IT TO BE ACTIVE ALL THE TIME. THE ECONOMY DOESN'T NEED TO BE ACTIVE ALL THE TIME, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S DEAD, he concluded, discovering that talking in all caps was an oddly refreshing experience. Perhaps this was why Icebreaker always did it.

:love you guys, really. I just think you're overreacting, so I discovered the fun of ALLCAPS.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Hey, I'm supposed to be off in a sulk until KAII leaves, wtprh am I doing here?

Oh, yeah, sticking up for Andreas & Co.-

I make fun of the economy, and usually give all my money away. That's a kick!
But at this point, (ahem),

WE NEED THE ECONOMY FOR THE SAME REASON WE NEED OUR DUCHIES BACK!

A lot of good people have invested years in the thing, and a significant number of people in the country (and in the SC) get a lot out of it. It is their "home", their project in Shireroth, and we need to let them keep it.

JUST LIKE WE NEED OUR DUCHIES!
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

Besides, you even shamed me into staying in the economy with the whole Thane agreement thing.

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”