Citizenship Bill in the Landsraad

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Jacobus Loki

Citizenship Bill in the Landsraad

Post by Jacobus Loki »

With all due respect to the Noble Steward, this verges on being un-Shirerirthian. Let the MiniImnat do it, let the Kaiser (or Steward, when applicable) do it, and let chaos abound as people fight about whoever.

The Miller Issue is the first one of these to be a problem in ages, and probably will be the last one for ages. Let custom and tradition rule, dammit. :magigarp:

Ages ago, the wise man said-
............I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice.

True then, true now
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Daniel Farewell

Re: Citizenship Bill in the Landsraad

Post by Daniel Farewell »

Mr Arbiter,

Thank you for your comments which I cannot, I am afraid, set in relation to the bill I proposed.

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

While I too find Jacobus's objections fairly nonsensical, I don't like the bill. Tightening citizenship restrictions is always a double-edged sword. People are more reluctant to join a country that puts such restrictions on citizenship. Given that we are (probably) coming out of this most recent micronational slump, I don't think we need to make Shireroth's borders look any less attractive than they already are.

Daniel Farewell

Actually, Harvey, this does not tighten things, but loosens them.We remove the tri-cit regulation for commoners!

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

But also makes Nobles two-cits. So you basically rule me out from being a noble ever.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Daniel Farewell

True.

Which is not my intention. My intention is to have active nobles, ones that divide up their time and focus "majorly" on Shireroth.

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

Daniel Llai wrote:Actually, Harvey, this does not tighten things, but loosens them.We remove the tri-cit regulation for commoners!
What are you thinking?! That means I can be a citizen again! Nobody wants that! :document
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Daniel Farewell

Shut up Corey. :p

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

My intention is to have active nobles, ones that divide up their time and focus "majorly" on Shireroth.
Although I see the point there, it makes me uneasy on pragmatic grounds; an anticipated effect of the recent reorganization was that it would make it easier for people to eventually form their own Houses, and tightening the requirements for noble status might put something of a brake on that. Maxing out under the Tri-Cit Law hasn't stopped nobles from being active in the past, and I would prefer not to see the requirements get any more restrictive than that (Steward and Kaiser excepted, of course).

Now, releasing non-nobles from any such restriction... that, yes, I can see. If you cast a wider net, as it were, you'll haul in more fish. (No offense to Corey there. :p )

Kaiser Mors VI

Post by Kaiser Mors VI »

Wait.. what....? removes tri-cit.. You know... you might wanna say that when you posted the bill. Saying what you remove is just good form.... :)
Kaiser Mors VI,
Head of House Mortis.

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”