Ladies and gentlemen, start your nominations!

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Kaiser Malarbor I

Ladies and gentlemen, start your nominations!

Post by Kaiser Malarbor I »

So, it seems we need a Praetor. Opinions?

Scott of Hyperborea

Re: Ladies and gentlemen, start your nominations!

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I nominate Allot. I don't remember what people said about him on #micronations, but most of the people there are jerks whose opinions should be violently ignored. And if the Landsraad makes his head hurt, well, that'll just give him an incentive to lead the Landsraad reform we so desperately need. Anyone who doesn't have problems with the way the Landsraad currently operates is in no way qualified for the job.

Kaiser Malarbor I

Post by Kaiser Malarbor I »

A good choice, sir, if I may say so. I wasn't going to jump in and argue with Allot to try to make him stay on the job, but, truth is, what the Landsraad needs right now *is* a Praetor with a keen eye for bullshit and lack of coherent policy. Allot isn't the only Shirithian with those qualities, but he's one of the few that are currently available.

Uhh, I suppose we need a deadline for nominations. I'll go with... Friday, that should be OK, I think.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I second the nomination of Allot. If she resigned over something Malliki said in the chat it should be ignored, since I've heard he's a real dick.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

None of us even remember saying anything all that mean about Allot. So.. Yes. I to would vote for Allot.

Icebreaker

Post by Icebreaker »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:I don't remember what people said about him on #micronations, but most of the people there are jerks whose opinions should be violently ignored.
YEAH, WHAT THE FUCK HARVEY

Allot

Post by Allot »

Hmm...we'll leave the #micronations part alone for now, surprisingly it wasn't Malliki but I'm over that anyway. I may have been rather hot-headed when I wrote that, but instead of my usual "nah I won't I might piss people off" reaction I decided to go ahead and post it anyway. In any case, I stand by my decision. Re: Landsraad reform, I see that we're currently at the "yeah, somebody should do something about that" stage, but haven't yet reached "and that somebody is me". I fail to see how my continuing as the Landsraads number cruncher and post-mover will help Landsraad reform. Inside the Landsraad the Praetor has NO power.

Which brings me to the third reason I resigned: What does the Praetor do? Count and move posts. That's it! Theoretically, of course, he/she's immensely powerful because of the editing-charter thing (which the kaiser never does). So yeah. I was feeling kind of useless. Also my counting skills aren't the greatest.

So no thank you, Shireroth. Maybe if some more people get on board the Landsraad reform train I'll blow the whistle, but as of now the coal hasn't even arrived for the engine. Let me read my newspaper and drink my tea.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Awww...

Too bad you won't do it anymore. I liked you.

I nominate Jonas for the position of Praetor.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

So... um... maybe I wasn't paying attention.. but.. what reform?

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Doing something about the retarded voting system.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Allot

Post by Allot »

I second the nomination of Jonas.

(After Cho'Gall and Leo yell at me)And I would be happy to start working on the Landsraad reform with others.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

No, I would like to refuse the nomination as Praetor for now. Maybe I will rethink if you don't find a decent candidate. But something is stopping me now from taking the job with a happy smile. After all, you can't expect that someone who sucks (to use a certain vocabulary from a certain chatroom) can do that job decently.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

In my opinion, you weren't a very good Kaiser but owned as Praetor. No shame in that. Being the leader of a nation as large and diverse as Shireroth takes a while to learn. I'm sure your next Kaisership will be much better.

And Jonas, you are one of the many Shirerithians I would never want to loose.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Malliki Tosha wrote:In my opinion, you weren't a very good Kaiser but owned as Praetor. No shame in that. Being the leader of a nation as large and diverse as Shireroth takes a while to learn. I'm sure your next Kaisership will be much better.

And Jonas, you are one of the many Shirerithians I would never want to loose.
Bah. You know how to touch my weaknesses and how to flatten me. :love
Nonetheless, I never talked about leaving. I'm just not very eagerly to become Praetor now. And I'm not scared to say that it's partly because of what was said.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Scott of Hyperborea

I'll join Malliki as someone who wasn't too impressed with your Kaisership but thought you were an excellent Praetor.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Scott of Hyperborea wrote:I'll join Malliki as someone who wasn't too impressed with your Kaisership but thought you were an excellent Praetor.
That's in no way a reason to call someone an idiot or worse (I don't say you did it, but the remarks were often in such vocabulary). :no

But like I said twice: I'm not very eager to do the job right now.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Dude, if you don't want people to think stuff about you and perhaps saying them out loud, live in a forest.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Malliki Tosha wrote:Dude, if you don't want people to think stuff about you and perhaps saying them out loud, live in a forest.
Why? If I can live without calling other people idiots, why wouldn't you or someone else? I'm not a saint, but some have really passed the line.
It's not a way to encourage newbies to join Shireroth.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

We get newbies anyway, all the time. Ola joined after having chatted on #micronations.

I see but one fault in your logic there, my friend. Just because you can live without insulting people, don't expect other people to be able to do the same. Same as with traffic. You can drive like a god for 20 years, but it takes just one drunken idiot to put you in a wheelchair.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Malliki Tosha wrote:We get newbies anyway, all the time. Ola joined after having chatted on #micronations.

I see but one fault in your logic there, my friend. Just because you can live without insulting people, don't expect other people to be able to do the same. Same as with traffic. You can drive like a god for 20 years, but it takes just one drunken idiot to put you in a wheelchair.
So... you consider yourself a drunken idiot? :fish

And it's not because there is one idiot who likes to be drunk, that we can't try to avoid that from happening. :document

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

I wasn't talking about myself, obviously. I know I say some shit at the channel at times, but I at least have the balls to stand by it outside the channel. I've said some stuff about Aryeztur, but he knows I don't like him and I know that he doesn't like me. It's okay for me. I don't understand the notion that we have to like everybody all the time. For example, I really don't get furries at all, they are just weird to me. Ola is a really nice guy though, so he's on my cool list regardless.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

.... I... have no issue with the voting system. It worked for over two years with no issues. A large portion of that was under my time as Praetor (one of the times), and I found a the bookkeeping rather simple.

Scott of Hyperborea

The voting system only worked because no one cared about Landsraad votes. During the flag vote, which people did care about, there was a lot of trouble. For example, Yardistan promised Straylight a certain number of votes, but it never got recorded in the Official Vote Thread, and so I couldn't use them, and Ryan (probably innocently, but someone else could have done it maliciously) didn't notice my requests to update the vote thread until the vote was over. Likewise, if we go by the letter of the law, Vasroe had three of Goldshire's votes even though he hasn't come around in ages and even though Aryez used his votes for him. Everyone in Kildare had already decided to vote YEA, but cause the Duke had left without appointing a Steward they wouldn't've been able to without last-second Kaiserial intervention. And so on...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

And if we had waited one day Goldshire/Brookshire's votes would have been merged. Which could have changed the outcome.

I am generally not happy with how That vote was run, I will admit. I kinda question it's legitimacy, but I won't make a deal out of it since people would just accuse me of being a bad sport...

I have other issues with the vote too, but they aren't for here.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

The law is a complete fuck-up as it is. The votes in the Big Fat Vote thread are the ones that are to be used, but people don't bother with changing them, and changes during a vote takes effect after the vote is closed, not during.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Those are implementation issues, not issues with the system.

Allot

Post by Allot »

Perhaps PHP can assist... :evil

Maybe people need to be reminded that there's one official thread where votes are recorded, because no one updates it. I bet the Duke of GoldenBrook hasn't yet.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Nope.. I forgot about it since I have all the votes.

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”