The Straylightian Vote Selling Policy

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Ari Rahikkala

The Straylightian Vote Selling Policy

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Let it not be thought that the Duke of Straylight can't be bought :document. From now on, in future Landsraad bills, aside placing my vote normally I will be quoting prices to switch my vote to a different one (aye, nay or abstain, or if it's multiple-choice or preferential I'll try to make interesting offers). Whoever's the highest bidder above the reserve price before 12 hours or so before the voting period ends (depending on how much I'm around) will get me to switch my vote to whatever zir's endorsing. Easy! :)

Some example old bills, how I voted on them, and how much I would have asked to switch my vote:

http://shireroth.kuroshiro.net/forum/vi ... 62&t=10053 http://shireroth.kuroshiro.net/forum/vi ... f=7&t=9923 - bills I was somewhat strongly against at the time. Would have abstained for 300 erb or voted aye for 600.

http://shireroth.kuroshiro.net/forum/vi ... f=7&t=9849 - a bill I was strongly for. Would have abstained for 1500 erb or voted nay for 3000.

And remember, when you do business with Straylight, money is a good argument, and a good argument is money. Just because I set a price in erb doesn't mean I can't be bought by convincing me you've got the right idea ;)

(... yeah, I edited the prices - tripled them in fact. I realised while drafting some legislation myself that most of the time Landsraad bills should be taken a *bit* more seriously, even the obvious cleanups and such. Also, removed the bit about the likelihood of a bill passing affecting how much I would want to be paid to change my vote on it. It really wouldn't be fair from me if it were.)
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Jacobus Loki

Re: The Straylightian Vote Selling Policy

Post by Jacobus Loki »

.......and you can collect the money, and then has Kaiser veto the bill to return it to your originall preference!

Bloody Brilliant! :thumbsup :kaiser

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Good on you Ari! :angel
Work that economy ... :thumbsup
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Funny thing about this is, the very first bills after I announce this are of course ones that I feel strongly about, and that I am fairly sure nobody will oppose that much... well, actually, dunno about the tax law. Oh well, 300 to abstain on the removal of erb restrictions, 600 to abstain from the tax reform.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”