VC Abolishment & Professions Act of 3481

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Austi_Scot

Re: VC Abolishment & Professions Act of 3481

Post by Austi_Scot »

Jacobus,
Why are you working so hard at tearing about something that others are trying to build? Are they working to tear down what you're trying to build?

There is nothing that has been said about making this or any other aspect of the "Profession" system a rigid system or in forcing anyone to be involved. In fact there has been nothing said about forcing anyone to be involved in the economics of Shireorth. No one has to be in the government or in rec-war or in the religion forums, or in the trivia games, or in the word association game.

All you do is come and bad mouth it - well just stop that. There is no one bad mouthing the things you want to do here or elsewhere to the same degree you bad mouth ideas put forth by others. It´s fine if you don´t want to be involved in professions or in an economy. Why are you here putting down what others are building up?

Those who are here and don´t want to join in can stay and do the things they want to do, the things they have fun doing. If there is something in Shireroth you want to do, then by all means do it as long as it´s constructive and stop tearing down the things others are doing. The professions won´t cause any harm to you.
I don't have the time, patience or inclination to do more against this than throw peanuts from the gallery.
Yes you do - you´ve been here throwing rocks at it, and taking pot shots. This isn´t your first attempt to stop others from having the fun they want. Heck, if only three people here ever do anything with this idea that´s ok. If more do, that´s ok too. If other people come with an idea they like you won´t see it be ripped at anywhere near like you rip at something you don´t care for.

Please, from now on, if you don´t want to part of an idea, just say nothing a as they please with it.
Austi Scot
Former Citizen

May Kaiser Mises I rule soon.
-----------------------------
Former Citizen
One Time Order of The Phoenix
Impartial Envisionor

Baron Von_Scot of Hallucination
The future Kaiser Mises I
Former Cessor of Shireroth.
What does the Cessor do?

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

J. Guilds

1. A system of guilds shall be introduced in Shireroth. Any specific area of economic activity may apply to the Ministry of Trade to be recognised as a guild.

2. Guilds will be limited to a specific area of economic activity, but within that area are allowed to require qualifications for membership with a basic framework drawn up by the Ministry of Trade. Guild members are also the only people allowed to charge for the service they render.

3. If membership qualifications are deemed excessive by the Ministry of Trade they may be changed by them.

4. If a Guild ever has no members left it will be disbanded.
I rewrote it as Guilds (because that sounds more Shirithian). Also added that only Guild members can charge for the service they render.

And that, Jacobus, should disarm all your objections. Austi was a little harsh, but you *do* seem to object to a micronational economy in general. We've removed the one element forcing you to participate in the economy (voting credits) - that is, that you cannot have micronationalism without (a government). Well, the only point of membership in a Guild (beyond proving you're qualified) is that you can then charge for the service. So if you don't like guilds, and don't participate in them, you're probably the sort of person who doesn't want to participate in the economy in general. So it doesn't affect you. ;)
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Kaiser Agni I

Post by Kaiser Agni I »

I am pleased.
Kaiser Agni I,
95th Kaiser of Shireroth
Baron of Dolor and Count of Monty Crisco

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

And that, Jacobus, should disarm all your objections. Austi was a little harsh, but you *do* seem to object to a micronational economy in general. We've removed the one element forcing you to participate in the economy (voting credits) - that is, that you cannot have micronationalism without (a government). Well, the only point of membership in a Guild (beyond proving you're qualified) is that you can then charge for the service. So if you don't like guilds, and don't participate in them, you're probably the sort of person who doesn't want to participate in the economy in general. So it doesn't affect you.
It was never my intention to stop people from engaging in things that please them. far from it.

I was being (what I though to be) mildly sarcastic about my thought regarding the longevity of the project(s). I took certain umbrage at the Kaiser telling the Landsraad what to do.

Saying, VOTE THIS WAY, OR I WILL DECREE IT, merely tells the Landsraad that the Landsraad is irrelevant. If bound and determined to decree something, then DO it and go on with life.

I also take smaller umbrage at being told not to express an opinion. It was and is not my intent to start even the smallest civil war over any of this.

I'm not able to polish this post the way I would like, as I've got a business comittment that will keep me off-line until late Fri. or Sat.

So I'm not off in my usual huff. Just really RL busy.

See you all later.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Austi_Scot

Post by Austi_Scot »

I want to say two things.

1st) Jacobus is a real life friend of mine and I have a lot or respect for him. Our disagreement over this issue, or any other issue, will not cause me to end that friendship. In real life he is a kind and generous person. He has abilities that I have seen others only wish they had; he is a very knowledgeable person, especially in the area of business and the economics of business. (But all that is in real life.)

2nd) He is still dead wrong about the economics of micronations.
Austi Scot
Former Citizen

May Kaiser Mises I rule soon.
-----------------------------
Former Citizen
One Time Order of The Phoenix
Impartial Envisionor

Baron Von_Scot of Hallucination
The future Kaiser Mises I
Former Cessor of Shireroth.
What does the Cessor do?

Andreas the Wise

No problem Jake ;)
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Allot

Post by Allot »

Andreas - If you're trying to pass the Professions Act now, Mike Fors is hiding somewhere under a rock, so I hope he gets back before the bill expires. Just FYI.
Isabelle Allot Kalirion
Retired

Andreas the Wise

Ok, thanks.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Andreas the Wise

Further Guild ideas, if anyone desires to create them:

Artists' Guild [For the production of graphic images]
Merchants' Guild [I'll actually create this one when I have someone enrolled in my trading course]
Guild of Cunning Artificers [For RPG making - Jonas, I and Harvey could all join]
Q - Director of SAMIN

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”