Question re: anti-smoking act.

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Zirandorthel

Question re: anti-smoking act.

Post by Zirandorthel »

Kaiser, although you say that all forms of tobacco are addictive, as indeed they are, you only prohibit the smoking of them. What about chewing tobacco, and snuff (wasn't that tobacco, or was it opium?)? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Solitary Poet 8

Re: Question re: anti-smoking act.

Post by Solitary Poet 8 »

To answer the last question, yes, snuff is tobacco.Personally, I wish I had a vote in the Landsraad so I could support this. Birrrrrrrrrrrd Maaaaaaaaan!!!!!~The Solitary Poet of Goldshire

Kaiseress Jadie

Post by Kaiseress Jadie »

As your duchess I supported the anti-smoking act....So no worries... Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of ShirerothCarry on with your lives people....Nothing to see here

Scott Alexander

Post by Scott Alexander »

If we are going to ban addictive activities, I say we start with micronationalism!

Kaiser Erik

Post by Kaiser Erik »

{quote]J. General Restrictions upon all Denizens of Shireroth.1. Smoking.a. No person within the lands of Shireroth shall be permitted to smoke any form of tobacco.b. No merchant within the lands of Shireroth shall be permitted to sell any form of tobacco.c. All forms of tobacco shall be considered an adictive substance within the lands of Shireroth.[/quote]Smoking tobacco is expressly prohibited in section a. But b and C. Prohibit all other forms of tobacco product. Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Is there another law somewhere which bans addictive substances? Because otherwise all your doing is stating that they are addictive, which is true, but not actually doing anything about it. For example, I could chew tobacco, even though it's addictive, unless there's a law in place against any form of perusing any form of tobacco, I'm still legally entitled to do so. ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Kaiser Erik

Post by Kaiser Erik »

sub-section a prevents smoking tobaccosub-section b prevents all tobacco from being sold.So you could, in thoery still chew tobbaco.. it would be ALOT harder to get it. Cause it can't be sold in Shireroth. Kaiser Erik of Shireroth.Duke of BrookshireNot dead yet...

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Okay, so it is defined as an unsellable substance, but what if a person were to grow it for personal use? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Kaiseress Jadie

Post by Kaiseress Jadie »

eh...they could just go to Babkha and buy it from somebody there..I mean c'mon they selll syringes in the bar. Kaiseress Jadie IThe Elf-Cat Kaiseress of ShirerothCarry on with your lives people....Nothing to see here

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Exactly, there is no provision in the Act for smuggling for personal use or growing for personal use. Is there meant to be? ZirandorthelThe Golden DarknessNiirus Tinenetuwar"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God."-Stephen Braveheart

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Loopholes: The trademark of American law.sorry....couldn't help it...I'll shut up now. -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - "Minsiter of Dance, Pants and Funny Walks" - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

The Front Gate is not to be used for careless bumping of threads, ignoramus!*thwack* Zirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Terribly sorry, good Eoin.*ouch* -Gryphon Avocatio- Lord Governor and Duke of all Yardistan - Minister of Research and Education, Shireroth - Shirerothian Elder - SAVE THE KIWI!! - Lover of Llamas "You're intense and driven. That can lead to a lot of good things. It can also lead to high blood pressure and a closing of the arteries." -Mr. Mathews -- "I think that people who drive Hummers are clueless, and that they just have enough money to advertise it." -Peter Camejo -- "Skanky-Deutch-Ho-Bag!!" -Mike

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Sorry, Nick, I had one of my "black moods", you know how it is. Zirandorthel I of TreesiaThe Golden DarknessBelde of the Far Reaches.Niirus TinenetuwarLet the fates burn!

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”