Resolution: Recwar clarification

For commoners to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills

Moderators: Jonas, CJ Miller

Scott of Hyperborea

Resolution: Recwar clarification

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

Someone wanna propose this?
We, the Landsraad of Shireroth, recognize Kaiser Hasan I as King of Bosworth in an in-character, recwar-centric action only. We petition the Kaiser to confirm to his people and the intermicronational world that he has no plans to permanently and seriously become Bosworth's out-of-character leader.

We also recognize the Shirerithian/Batavian occupation of Gascony as an in-character rec-occupation only. We petition the Kaiser to confirm to his people and the intermicronational world that he has no plans to permanently add the territory of Gascony to Shireroth. If the Batavians disagree with this, we petition the Kaiser to negotiate with them and come up with a mutually agreeable solution.

We commend Shireroth's brave soldiers and diplomats, and urge them to continue conducting the battle and surrounding negotiations in a way that will eventually result in the cession of Gascony and the Crown of Bosworth to the Kingdom of Bosworth under Wentworth or whomever else the international community deems to be the legitimate king of Bosworth at the time of cession.

Aurangzeb Khan

Re: Resolution: Recwar clarification

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

There is no difference... its all simulation! But no we have no permenant designs save for agreeing an appropriately modest peace treaty.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

If no one else does, I'll put it forth when I'm sober.

Scott of Hyperborea

There's no difference to reasonable people who have a reasonable understanding of what it is to recwar. But it might make certain other people happy.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

We, the Landsraad of Shireroth, recognize Kaiser Hasan I as King of Bosworth in an in-character, recwar-centric action only. We petition the Kaiser to confirm to his people and the intermicronational world that he has no plans to permanently and seriously become Bosworth's out-of-character leader.

We also recognize the Shirerithian/Batavian occupation of Gascony as an in-character rec-occupation only. We petition the Kaiser to confirm to his people and the intermicronational world that he has no plans to permanently add the territory of Gascony to Shireroth. If the Batavians disagree with this, we petition the Kaiser to negotiate with them and come up with a mutually agreeable solution.

We commend Shireroth's brave soldiers and diplomats, and urge them to continue conducting the battle and surrounding negotiations in a way that will eventually result in the victory of Shireroth and the cession of Gascony and the Crown of Bosworth to the Kingdom of Bosworth under Wentworth or whomever else the international community deems to be the legitimate king of Bosworth at the time of cession.
A slight change. So slight you probably won't notice it ... but propose this version.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Unfortunately the Kaiser has seen fit to remove me as Emissary of Brookshire; By removing the Duke whom I served. So I can no longer present this for you Scott.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I'm going to sit on this one for a day or two, unless someone else submits it... as Ardy said, it's all simulation in the end, and bits like "Bosworth's out-of-character leader" do kind of grate with me. It's not an important matter at all, I'll definitely submit this to the Landsraad and vote for it tomorrow if I don't see progress in the peacemaking...
it's just that everything would feel so much more graceful and nice if we didn't have to make this statement in the first place.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Jess

Post by Jess »

Utterly pointless...

Kaiser Hasan I

Post by Kaiser Hasan I »

Uh yeah. I don't really know what to say to this that hasn't already been stated elsewhere.

Dennis Moore

Post by Dennis Moore »

Brave Nobles of Shireroth, please do not abandon my people!

:cry (Uncontrolled sobbing) :cry
Dennis Moore
Loyal Gascon
Hail To Hasan the Liberator

babs

Post by babs »

As that's not obvious....

Kaiser Hasan I

Post by Kaiser Hasan I »

Babs, this is the Landsraad Front Gate. It's a part of Shireroth's legislature where Barons are allowed to discuss issues of the Landsraad. It's not really meant to be a chat forum. I'd appreciate it if you could leave your commentary in the general forums.

Dennis Moore

Post by Dennis Moore »

Sorry :cry
....where Barons are allowed to discuss issues.....
Just a little desperate is all. Me old mum (blows nose). Well, got to pack what few things we have left.

Didn't mean to intrude. Carry on and all that. (Blows nose.) :cry I'll just be off - this way? Thanks..................
Dennis Moore
Loyal Gascon
Hail To Hasan the Liberator

Jess

Post by Jess »

Wait, who are you?

Scott of Hyperborea

Babs, this is the Landsraad Front Gate. It's a part of Shireroth's legislature where Barons are allowed to discuss issues of the Landsraad. It's not really meant to be a chat forum. I'd appreciate it if you could leave your commentary in the general forums.
Unless something changed when I didn't notice, everyone is allowed to speak in the Landsraad Front Gate.

Not that I'm saying the Kaiser is wrong, of course. Just that his clever plans to protect the State in ways we can't even imagine might possibly be misleading the rest of you.

babs

Post by babs »

I was just pointing out someone's impersonation of a desperate Gascon is about as subtle as a ton of bricks.

Now reading what Jeremy has written at the MCS I was right.

I'd appreciate it if you stopped invading nations at random, but y'know.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

At random? It was not at random, there was a perfectly valid causus belli.

Anyway, while your often repeated opinions are fascinating, this is not a free country; please go away before I recommend to the Kaiser that you be banned for trolling a forum of state.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

babs wrote:I was just pointing out someone's impersonation of a desperate Gascon is about as subtle as a ton of bricks.
Jake isn't exactly famous for subtlety, you know :p

babs

Post by babs »

Evidently Ari.

If you ban me, then it's nothing more than an attempt to silence me. Especially seeing as I'm not trolling. I didn't create a fake account just to serve as propaganda either.

Kaiser Hasan I

Post by Kaiser Hasan I »

Scott,

I was under the impression that the Front Gate was for Barons only? But I haven't had full clarification of this.

Ardy,

Even if I agree with you, I will not ban babs at this point. However I also would respect anything passed by the Landsraad.

Babs,

If you were to be silenced I'd like to assure you of the difference between being silenced for being correct, verses being silenced for being obnoxious. Specifically, I think there are more than enough venues for you to voice your interesting opinions on things without inviting yourself into the internal legislative body of a foreign nation. Now, if you were to apply for citizenship, be my guest, post anywhere you like.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

The Landsraad front gate isn't an internal legislative body. It's open for everyone to suggest and discuss Landsraad bills.

babs

Post by babs »

If you don't want non-citizens to post in here, then why is it open to all?

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

How much fun do you think it would be to start and maintain a usergroup of current citizens?
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

babs wrote:If you don't want non-citizens to post in here, then why is it open to all?
*shrug* Some people expect other people to be nice. Same thing in the USSC. Supreme Soviet is open to all to post so less work is made for admins, but only citizens are allowed to post. If users continue to post there without permission having been told they're noobs, their posts are deleted and their accounts banned (at least temporarily). System built on trust. :thumbsup
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Jake wasn't attempting to be subtle. When he chooses to be subtle, it usually goes undetected, sometimes for years. On occasion he has to rat himself out.

Since Dennis' character was involved in the war, I though he might like to be involved in the aftermath. It was intended to be a brick.

Wars frequently create refugees.

I've asked him to stay out of MCS, and he told me he will comply. Since there is peace, he will most likely not show up in Bosworth again. There was a referendum, and he wanted to go home to vote, but, c'est la guerre.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Scott of Hyperborea

I have never, in six odd years of monitoring the Landsraad Front Gate, heard one shred of evidence to the effect that only citizens are allowed to comment here.

The Front Gate is a place for discussing Landsraad bills. I think it would be a mistake to ban non-citizens from this forum, because many of them might have an opinion on Landsraad bills, their opinions might be important (especially in the case of Landsraad bills that affect their own country), and it would be a shame to have to have two topics on the same bill, one in Front Gate and one in General, to discuss the same issue.

And even talking about banning someone for expressing a valid but unpopular opinion in a way sorta almost approaching being respectful even if it doesn't actually make it there is a threat to the very idea of benevolent absolutism.

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Foreigners should refer their concerns about legislation to their official representatives to present to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in an appropriate fashion.

In my opinion the implied benefits of benevolent absolutism should only be made available to those who embrace the virtue of Empire by adopting citizenship - for the rest there really is no reason to heed their voices at all.

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

And hey, lucky for them the MiniEx has a temporary vote in the Landsraad ;)

Quick, complain to me while I still have voting rights! :tomcutterhamonfire

Prodigy Almighty

Post by Prodigy Almighty »

Babs, I think Dennis has a perfectly legitimate reason for coming to Shireroth. Not only are we the ones liberating his land (depending on view-point), but my Barony of Absentia is also directly next door to Gascony, which makes it an opportune place for refugee camps.
Boris Ivanovich Serov ronToketi VI
Executor of Chelkran Kesh
King of Kagan conToketi
Baron of Absentia, Yardistan

babs

Post by babs »

I wasn't questioning the fictional character's motives.

Return to “Landsraad Front Gate”