Negotiation Table

Kaiser Mors V

Negotiation Table

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

Simply put, All belligerent parties are hereby summoned to state their grievances.

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Nick Foghorn Leghorn

Re: Negotiation Table

Post by Nick Foghorn Leghorn »

Grievance 1: My Duchy was unnecessarily attacked. By you.

Grievance 2: It's boring around here, and we needed some excitement.

Grievance 3: I want to be Kaiser*, and I'm willing to kill you for it :demon

*As seen with previous reigns of terror, having me in charge is accepted as fact as being a "bad" idea, so probably should avoid that one...
Count of Norfolk

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Grievances Registered by the Barony of Lumina's Light

1. In order to counter his boredom, and because he thought it would be a dandy piece of deception, Kaiser Mors V, using a hidden aircraft carrier as a launching platform, launched an attack on the Barony of Lumina's Light by paratroopers from his County of Monte Crisco while visiting our Duke Jonas on a friendship tour. This abrogated the obligation of a ruler to protect the loyal subjects and geographical divisions under his control, which put his subjects in the untenable position of trying to decide whether to surrender to his whims or to resist militarily and become rebels against the Crown.

2. After all troops were aprehended and put under arrest, the Kaiser stated that the paratroopers were on a sightseeing trip at 2000 feet--with guns, and stated he expected to retrieve his soldiers with no further discussion.

3. After being confronted by many within the country, the Kaiser declared he was supporting the campaign against himself, thereby showing himself confused at best and unstable or insane at worst.
Last edited by hypatias mom on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harald of Froyalan

Post by Harald of Froyalan »

* Watches. *
Harald of Ettlingar Freyu
Count of Cimmeria

benkern

Post by benkern »

Grievances of the Barony of Vorpmadal

1. Boredom - needed something to do. Your paratroopers provided an ideal way to get some adrenalin flowing around here.

2. We want living space in the North, close to the equator! Us Vorpals are built for warmer climates, Mar Sara's southern side is really quite cold most of the year.
By His H47,
Baron Benkern of Vorpmadal, Yardistan.
"Like us or hate us, someone will still hold the torch. You might as well try to like us." - Harvey Steffke
"Tis not a leaving of a harried knave/Tis not with tail tucked in shame/Rather in glorious exhibition of benevolent might/Sun bids the world an emblazon g'night."
"But every beginning is only a continuation and the book of fate is always open in the middle."

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Grievances of the Counties of Lesser Zjandaria and Eliria and Utasia

1. Froyalan is not the true or historic name of our duchy which is properly called Elwynn.

2. It was the policy of the Kaiser which permitted the present, regrettable, circumstances in which Elwynn has been renamed Froyalan.

3. Shirekeep's difficulty is Elwynn's opportunity.

4. The Counts of Lesser Zjandaria and Eliria and Utasia wish to see Elwynn restored to its ancient liberties, the laws of the old Dukes, and above all else its hallowed name and diverse cultures.

5. The Counts of Lesser Zjandaria and Eliria and Utasia desire that in compensation the Count of Wintergleam be permitted to annex Bjorngard and Cromsfist, to form the Barony of Froyalan.

6. The attack on Barony of Lumina's Light was an abomination. His Imperial Niftiness needs to spend some time in exile over in Babkha learning how to execute irrational acts of aggression properly.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Grievances of the Duchy of Straylight

1. The whole country is in open revolt over a single paradrop. For the while, we're doing what we can to pester Kildare to make them see the error in their ways.

2. The Kaiser has evidently become senile in his old age. Maybe he needs to consider stepping down and allowing someone more eager (not me, not yet) to hold the position?
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Braden Indianensis
Location: Number 12 Concord Street, Nafticon, Republic of Antica

Post by Braden Indianensis »

Grievances of Braden Indianensis:

1.) Boredom due to lack of activity in Antica.

2.) A compelling desire to do anything which may confuse, peste, or amuse Shirithians.

3.) My still-smouldering, Gollum-esque grudge for not supporting my bid to be Kaiser, which has caused me to formulate my evil plan to put Nick on the throne. :demon
Antican Ambassador to Shireroth and Babkha
Former Speaker of the Assembly of the Republic of Antica
Reporter for the Antican Liberator
Elder Guard of the Order of the Vorpal Blade

andelarion

Post by andelarion »

Further grievances from the Counts of Eliria and Utasia and Lesser Zjandaria:

- The Kaiser attacked Port Nevermore in Novi Dalmacija, a region which once was part of Elwynn. Therefore we feel a certain kinship to the good people of Novi Dalmacija. They are our brethren. To have attacked Novi Dalmacija is to have attacked Elwynn itself. That's why we march on Shirekeep.

Braden Indianensis

Might I suggest that we continue the war, as it is immensely diverting, with no real consequences attached?

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Agreed! Death to the enemy... even if we are not entirely sure who the enemy is.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

* thinks *

The Duchy of Straylight endorses andelarion for Kaiser! He's not greedy for power, he's been around for a good while and knows how stuff works, he's extremely nifty... and it would certainly improve our relationship with Babkha :p

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

Time for MY!!!!! Grievances...

1. That a joke in the Off-Topic has been taken as real. (it's the BLOODY OFF TOPIC!)

2. That instead of talking to me first, the Countess/Baroness went and posted in like 5 different places about how I was attacking her despite the fact my troops never fired a single shot..

3. That despite the fact I hadn't actually fired on anyone, or done any damage, my own territories were attacked and damage done to my stuff.

4. That everyone (except straylight) is ganging up against me.

5. This is all happening when I am trying to finish up finals I am extremely irritated at people...

6.. I quit. (for about 24 hours till I get over this current bought of depression and frustration...)

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

Lesser Zjandaria endorses the proposal of the Duke of Straylight! Long live Andelarion, Lord of the Two Realms, Emperor of the Two Worlds!

That said Lesser Zjandaria does not desire the abdication of His Imperial Niftiness, who has done so much for this realm in saving it from death's door. This is afterall meant to be a bit of fun. The throne should not be imperiled by a bit of banter backed but sporadic bursts of gunfire.

Braden Indianensis

Might I suggest that we dispel from our minds any serious notion of replacing Erik? I'm only interested in continuing the war because it's rather fun and I haven't been involved in one for a while.

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

You sons of a whore will never take me alive!

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Braden Indianensis

"Whore"?! How dare you?? The honor of the Ancient and Most Noble House of Indianensis has been impugned!

Aurangzeb Khan

Post by Aurangzeb Khan »

It is clear that we must save the Kaiser from himself.

Braden Indianensis

I'm entirely in agreement!

Yvain Wintersong

Post by Yvain Wintersong »

GRIEVANCES OF YNNRAILE:

1. I didn't see this thread until now and everyone seems to be done with grievances already.

2. I STILL don't really know what's going on.

3. There's not a link to the Barony of Ynnraile forum on the bottom of the Brookshire banner on the main forum.

4. The Ynnraile flag isn't linked to the Ynnraile forum.

5. I have final exams in a week, and one of them is on French literature from pre-1100 to 1300. Do you know how many FACTS there are in over 200 whole years of French literature?

6. I was born 1300 years too late.

7. The Kaiser still hasn't created a forum for the Order yet.

8. I'm hot. And it's only going to get hotter.

9. I'm curious about what Ari Rahikkala's dome in Straylight is, but he's taking his sweet time explaining it.

10. They're cutting down this big majestic-looking druidy-type tree in the nearby park because they say it's in danger of falling. I say let it fall. Maybe it will crush the old guy who stands near there handing out pamphlets asking you to join his cult.

11. The Kaiser won't make me Baron of Goldshire, and I can't think of a good way to seize the title without his consent. I guess I could join in the fighting, but I just finished writing history about how peaceful, sparsely populated, and low-tech my Barony is

12. Speaking of final exams, Latin has too many declensions. Please eliminate three. PS: I am not a crank.

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

7. The Kaiser still hasn't created a forum for the Order yet.
And never will. You'll have to stick it out in the multi-temple like all the other non-cedrist religions...

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Yvain Wintersong

And never will. You'll have to stick it out in the multi-temple like all the other non-cedrist religions...
Your Niftiness, I never expected otherwise. Can you create a subforum in the Multi-Temple for us? We intend to be pretty busy and don't want to get our stuff mixed up with the main building.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

3. There's not a link to the Barony of Ynnraile forum on the bottom of the Brookshire banner on the main forum.

4. The Ynnraile flag isn't linked to the Ynnraile forum.
Done and done.
9. I'm curious about what Ari Rahikkala's dome in Straylight is, but he's taking his sweet time explaining it.
I'm working on it :p. At this rate, implementing every idea related to Straylight that I've had over the years and am going to have over the next few years will take approximately ten years. Fortunately, at this rate Shireroth and Straylight will still be around in 2017 :p.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Site-seeing from 2000 feet - with guns
Guns. Of course. The soldiers are good BOO/\/\/\/\ists and must have something with them that goes BOO/\/\. I'm certain that they were simply looking for a proper place for their devotions.

Screw it.

YARDISTAN to Mors V!
Long Live the Kaiser!

My dirigibles are armed with DSSI Mk. XXIII dis-intergrators, and the pasengers thoughtfully brought their crossbows, j.i.c..

We are at your command, Kaiser!
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I think the Kaiser just took the unilateral step of providing a perfect solution (see the thread in Temples in Counties: http://shireroth.kuroshiro.net/forum/vi ... 2&start=30). What do you think?

Yvain Wintersong

Hypatia's Mom, are you talking to me? I can't find anything on that thread that looks like it addresses my request.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I'm sorry about that. I wasn't aware that non-war-related grievances had to be addressed to put an end to tensions between the crown and my barony. I am no longer at war with the crown. If you choose to remain so, that is your concern.

Neike Taika-Tessaro

Post by Neike Taika-Tessaro »

Kaiser Mors V wrote:1. That a joke in the Off-Topic has been taken as real. (it's the BLOODY OFF TOPIC!)
Well, you know... as a bystander of all of this, I thought the entire civil recwar was a joke. I laughed a lot. I've been enjoying this immensely, but, like Braden requested, pretty much have been cheering it on because it's fun without any real consequences. Or, well, so I thought. *quietens*
Neike Taika-Tessaro, Archon of Dark Arcadia

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

I don't think anyone ever intended the war to have any consequences, but we all agreed that it should at least be formalised, just so we can fairly determine who'll get to be angry that there were no consequences at the end :D

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Maksym, I am confused and infuriated by your claim that we all agreed to formalise this war!

* goes to Yardistan *
* hires a detachment from the Annexation Corps *
* sends detachment to wreak havoc in K'Tzuni... *

Return to “Brookshire”