Edict XIX-3606: Concerning the Kehl

Kostalan Rottsaa

Edict XIX-3606: Concerning the Kehl

Post by Kostalan Rottsaa »

I enact the following:
  1. The Kehl is hereby extended to include all permenant, full residents of Brookshire. This includes Barons, Counts, Citizens.
    • Each member of the Kehl shall be granted an equal vote in the Kehl
    • No member of the Kehl may claim more than one vote, even if they may hold multiple titles within Brookshire that grant a vote
    • Any member of the Kehl who has not provided activity within the Duchy for 30 days forfeits their vote in the Kehl
  2. The Kehl shall strive to give an opinion on all decrees made by the Duke of Brookshire
  3. The Kehl shall strive to give an opinion on all legislation brought before the Landsraad
  4. The Duke of Brookshire shall present all topics pertaining to the previous two points to the Kehl for consideration
  5. The Kehl has the right to pass any legislation it wishes, so long as it does not contradict any of the following:
    • The Imperial Charter
    • Imperial Decrees made by the Kaiser(ess) or Steward(ess) of Shireroth
    • Laws passed by the Dukes of the Landsraad
    • Edicts made by the Duke of Brookshire or the Marquess of Goldshire
  6. The Duke of Brookshire shall retain the right to veto any legislation passed by the Kehl
  7. The Kehl shall not pass legislation that in any way restricts the powers of the Duke of Brookshire
  8. The Kehl may not in any way change the division of counties or baronies within the Duchy
Kostalan Rottsaa
Duke of Brookshire

Count of Asantelian
Count of McCallavre
Count of Lesser Attera
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Bocaj: You are the Spiral Nemesis, Reynardine! You are the end of all things!
HEIL KAISER!

Erik Mortis

Re: Edict XIX-3606: Concerning the Kehl

Post by Erik Mortis »

Direct Democracy?

Kaiseress Anandja I

Post by Kaiseress Anandja I »

Not really. While it is true the system is "direct", it is not democratic. Edicts are still superior, and the Kehl cannot limit the power of the Duke.
Love and Happiness,

Kaiseress Anandja I
Marchioness of Goldshire
Baroness of Lakhesis

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Fair enough.

Kostalan Rottsaa

As the Kaiseress said. This gives the Duchy a way to run itself without the Duke making all of the decisions. It should lessen the burden on the throne and give me more time to pursue the other projects left to me by my grandfather. It also acts as a sort of advisory council, so I don't upset the citizenry too awfully much.

I also like the idea of the Barons and Counts of Brookshire having the ability to create their own policy. You can all do something should I take an LOA without leaving a Steward.
Kostalan Rottsaa
Duke of Brookshire

Count of Asantelian
Count of McCallavre
Count of Lesser Attera
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
HEIL KAISER!

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

It sounds alot like the Diet in Yardistan...
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Syr William

Post by Syr William »

Kostalan Rottsaa wrote:As the Kaiseress said. This gives the Duchy a way to run itself without the Duke making all of the decisions. It should lessen the burden on the throne and give me more time to pursue the other projects left to me by my grandfather. It also acts as a sort of advisory council, so I don't upset the citizenry too awfully much.

I also like the idea of the Barons and Counts of Brookshire having the ability to create their own policy. You can all do something should I take an LOA without leaving a Steward.
This is exactly what I was trying to do with my Limiting The Power of the Duke Decree, I just couldn't express it as well as Kostalan. Well done :thumbsup

Kostalan Rottsaa

I don't think "limiting power" is the wording you should have used, personally. It's more expanding the power of the rest of Brookshire. The rule of the Duke is still as strong as before. Again, this is more of a fail-safe.
Kostalan Rottsaa
Duke of Brookshire

Count of Asantelian
Count of McCallavre
Count of Lesser Attera
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
HEIL KAISER!

Return to “Brookshire”