Friends: A request.

Moderator: Gman Russell

Gryphon Avocatio

Friends: A request.

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

So nowadays most of my interaction with Shireroth is through Shirewiki. I enjoy working there. Honestly, it is one of the things I envisioned for Shireroth many years ago but, prior to MediaWiki, had no way of enacting for lack of technical prowess. Fortunately, making and interactive, cross-referenced website dedicated to information about Shireroth is now a possibility, and a very simply achieved one as well.

Admittedly, most of my recent work has gone into the article on the Yardistani language. I just found a new place to live in Santa Cruz, so since I don't have to house hunt anymore I think I'll be digging through my harddrive to pull out some historically interesting things that can hopefully help me contribute more to Shirewiki.

And that leads me to my request, and it's a rather simple one. I would really like to see some kick-ass articles on Yardistan. I am figuring that a lot of stuff has happened since I departed. I couldn't tell you, though, because the detailed history on the page ends basically right after something I did about six years ago. Many micronations don't make it six years, so I feel it's safe to say it feels a bit outdated.

I am not asking you to divert a lot of time to this, but merely to update the wiki with things of interest. I understand that there is a new economy here. I'm afraid I can't really pay you guys anything in exchange for doing this--I can only hope that you do it for a Duchy that you have come to know and love.

Well, if any of you contribute anything, I'll be very grateful. Thanks, and see you soon.

¡Kju vida Iardista semprís!
- Gryphon Avocatio
  • Minister of Dance, Pants, and Funny Walks
  • Count of Yardistan
  • De facto Shirerothian Conlanger
  • Brother of Metal

"Kju De Ji de Cîkrdo, ce nja Le tene fevi Ânrsa, Je Li pode hajj Hâlamaj, Lâdrmaj, me Xkuêlamaj."

b3n|<3r|\|

Re: Friends: A request.

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

I've been reading that Yardistani stuff. Good work. :thumbsup

I'll try my best. Come on f00s! F0r t3h D|_|chy!
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Maksym Hadjimehmetov

Post by Maksym Hadjimehmetov »

I certainly agree. Shireroth has by far too much of a rich history to avoid cataloguing- I'll update the Modan-Lach and Laqi language articles- perhaps we should get some of the older Shireroth members like Bill to add what they can to the wiki, otherwise it'll be lost forever, and n00bs like me will never understand Alameigh, FIoJ, and all those long dead ubernations.

Jess

Post by Jess »

Is there a Yardistani- Shirerithian English Dictonary?

Gryphon Avocatio

Post by Gryphon Avocatio »

Yeah...somewhere...but it's about six years old and not a good representation of the language as it is now. I'm going to get around to updating that when I'm done actually writing out the major tenants of the grammar.
- Gryphon Avocatio
  • Minister of Dance, Pants, and Funny Walks
  • Count of Yardistan
  • De facto Shirerothian Conlanger
  • Brother of Metal

"Kju De Ji de Cîkrdo, ce nja Le tene fevi Ânrsa, Je Li pode hajj Hâlamaj, Lâdrmaj, me Xkuêlamaj."

Return to “Yardistan”