Decree on Abdication

Moderator: Gman Russell

b3n|<3r|\|

Decree on Abdication

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

I, Duke Benkern of Yardistan and Anarch of Yardistan, do declare the following:

First that with the enactment of this Decree I shall no longer be Duke and Anarch of Yardistan.
Second that we do thank the noble trustees across the Imperial Republic of Shireroth for their support of our reign as leader of the Yardistani people, and grant them assurance that their kindness will not be quickly forgotten, and in the spirit of this, we do grant certain Shirerithians certain awards and honours as detailed in the first schedule to this decree.
Third that there shall be a chivalric order within the Duchy of Yardistan named the Order of Mischievous Intent. New members shall be granted on the abdication of a Duke of Yardistan, in recognition of and in thanks to people who have been a special help during their reign. All members of the Order (and administrators of the forum, apparently) shall be granted access to a new private board in the Duchy of Yardistan, the Lodge of Mischievous Intent, along with their Patron and fons honorum, the Duke of Yardistan.
Fourth that the ranks of this order shall be: Knight/Dame (K/DOMI), Knight-/Dame-Guardian (K/DGOMI), and Knight-/ame-Commander (K/DCOMI).
Fifth that there shall be two special ranks; first, a rank equal to that of Knight/Dame, is Knight-/Dame-Comrade (KcOMI), reserved for members of the order with a shady past - a past shaded red; second, a rank omitted from the structure, is Dux Emeritus/Emerita (DEOMI), awarded to Dukes when they abdicate. Unlike the other ranks, where you are granted a rank higher than you already have you give up your older one, if former Dukes are later admitted to the OMI they may keep their DE title (for example if Dux Emeritus Gman DEOMI was made a Knight-Guardian, he would become Dux Emeritus Sir Greg DEKGOMI).
Sxith that with the the enactment of this decree I shall be a member of the Order of Mischievous Intent in the grade of Dux Emeritus.
Seventh that with the enactment of this Decree Baron Prodigy Almighty of Absentia, the Second Dude in the Yardistani Chain, shall become Duke and Anarch of Yardistan.
Eighth that we do grant permission for the Duke-to-Be Prodigy to use the "Insania Vult" Ducal seal if he so chooses, as well as the Decree templates we have used throughout our reign. Indeed we urge him to for the sake of consistency!
Ninth that I by no means or measure retire from Shireroth, its government or its politics and shall retain my position as Count of Mar Sara.

Be it so enacted!
For the final time, Signed & Sealed by Dolphin-Duke Benkern, Anarch of Yardistan
INSANIA VULT

First Schedule:
First, Jacobus, our trusted friend and mentor, who first granted us the Ducal throne. To him we grant the title of "Ducal Sage" for his wisdom, his attention to detail, and of course his age. A holder of this title is granted the choice to affix the epiphet "Wise" to their name in official documents and so forth. He is also granted membership to the Order of Mischievous Intent in the grade of Knight-Commander. Finally, as he was formerly a Duke, he is granted membership also in the grade of Dux Emeritus, and may therefore now style himself "Dux Emeritus Sir Jacobus the Wise DEKCOMI".
Second, Carol (aka Hypatia's Mom), Baroness Lumina's Light in the Duchy of Kildare, who has long been a friend of Yardistan and the Duke since his immigration to Shireroth (and indeed before). She is granted membership to the Order of Mischievous Intent in the grade of Dame-Guardian, and may therefore style herself "Dame Carol DGOMI".
Third, Ardashir, Duke of Elwynn, who has needless to say battled nobly against enemies within and without Shireroth, but also thoughtfully included me in many of those escapades. He is granted membership to the Order of Mischievous Intent in the grade of Knight-Guardian, and may therefore now style himself "Sir Ardashir KGOMI".
Fourth, Hesam (or Hasan - I forget), Count Bjorngard in the Duchy of Elwynn, who has long entertained the Duke with his brilliant stories of a most interesting alternate course of history, and who helped the Duke to get what he needed done in the Landsraad by instituting the Economy. He is granted membership to the Order of Mischievous Intent in the grade of Knight-Comrade, and may therefore now style himself "Sir Hesam KcOMI".
Fifth, Krasniy, Baron of Vorpmadal - formerly a Yardistani territory - in the Duchy of Brookshire, whose recent stories of murder and intrigue have made the recent cataclysmic times of economic chaos (read: success) that much easier. He is granted membership to the Order of Mischievous Intent in the grade of Knight-Comrade, and may therefore now style himself "Sir Krasniy KcOMI".
Sixth, Ari, Duke Straylight, who is both awesomely Finnish and Finnishly awesome. Since forever he has assisted the Duke - and many others - with updating the boards and making them look nice. He is granted membership to the Order of Mischievous Intent in the grade of Knight, and may therefore now style himself "Sir Ari KOMI".
Seventh, Stjepan Aracic, Nick the Yardistani, Greg Russell, Joe Whit, Scott Alexander, and Osmose, for their services as former Dukes, are granted membership to the Order of Mischievous Intent in the grade of Dux Emeritus, and may therefore now style themselves as "Dux Emeritus *name* DEOMI".

NB: Prodigy, you have been a great help during my reign. But don't think your omission from the OMI is because I wanted more - I just think that your appointment as Duke is recognition and thanks enough. :p
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Jacobus Loki

Re: Decree on Abdication

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Vivat DUX! :)

congratulations, Lord Duke Prodigy!
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Krasniy Yastreb

Post by Krasniy Yastreb »

Truly a Ducal tenure that history shall look kindly upon. I thank the now ex-Anarch for my investiture into the Order of Mischievous Intent, and offer my warmest wishes for whatever you may choose to do next in Shireroth.

*hoists a shot of vodka* :party
Sir Krasniy Yastreb Ly'Piscator, KcOMI
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Duke and Arx-Piscator of Brookshire
+ Baron of Vorpmadal
+ Count of Lunaris
+ Knight Comrade of the Order of Mischievous Intent
+ MoMA SDI Director

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Pfft.. Real comrades drink rocket fuel...

Yvain Wintersong

Post by Yvain Wintersong »

Yardistan will surely miss you, my dear brother Duke. Heck, Brookshire will miss you, for your sagacity and patriotic spirit. I hope you will remain behind the scenes here and lend the new Duke your counsel.

Duke Prodigy, congratulations on your new position.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Good Vodka and Liquid O2 make fine rocket fuel!
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Congratulations Prodigy!
And Benkern, you better stay active :document
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Oh I will, just not in your Duchy. :demon Don't worry about me. I intend to busy myself with Mar Saran stuff.
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO

It takes moo to mango!

Oroigawa Koreyasu

Post by Oroigawa Koreyasu »

:surprise Prodigy is DUKE?
Oroigawa Koreyasu
Count of McCallavre, Straylight
Count of Lesser Attera, Kildare
Count of Asantelian, Brookshire

Chairman, Senate of the Lakes, Hurmu

Prodigy Almighty

Post by Prodigy Almighty »

*Strikes a heroic bodybuilder pose and flexes his cyborg muscles*

Well, what can I say, I --

Wait, this happened? Like, I'm the fucking Duke? I can use THE STAMP? FWUH-SHAH BITCHES! Victory is mine!

Time to go make me a ducal decree. :kaiser
Boris Ivanovich Serov ronToketi VI
Executor of Chelkran Kesh
King of Kagan conToketi
Baron of Absentia, Yardistan

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

:)

Your grace, we're at your service.

It takes moo to mango!

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Your Grace--Your kindness, imagination, and wisdom will definitely be missed on the ducal throne. You have long been a gentleman, friend and supporter to many of us here in Shireroth, not least to my family and myself. I am humbled and honored to accept the great honor which you have bestowed upon me. You have demonstrated maturity and wisdom in your rule. I trust you will remain active here in Shireroth, and I wish you well in your future as Count of Mar Sara.

Prodigy--Congratulations on your ascension to the ducal throne. May you rule wisely and well. Your Grace, you are now the leader of this incredible Duchy. I am certain you will demonstrate your flair for the unusual and innovative, and make Yardistan an even stronger, more vibrant part of Shireroth.

Return to “Yardistan”