Statement

Moderator: Gman Russell

b3n|<3r|\|

Statement

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

I used to like this state of affairs. Loads of activity, and the whole bloc thing is quite fun to start with. But very quickly I have found it to be getting boring. And no one's even trying to make it more exciting. I don't see any armed conflicts or long winded discussions where the two opposing Kaisers take apart and analyse every word the other says in a vain attempt to bring someone onto their side and thus break the stalemate. But it's not even a stalemate. If everyone bar two people supported one Kaiser, this argument would still keep going most likely.

While I enjoyed this at its start, as I say it bores me now. All it is is Hasan subtly or not-so-subtly referring to Ayureon or whatever Ric's calling himself (I swear I'll learn it if you win :fish) as "Kaiser" and Jacobus as "anti-Kaiser", and Jacobus doing the same names reversed. It's not a good atmosphere.

I'm sure everyone will jump in and say "Hey! Lighten up! This is all in jest! No one is *really* angry/sad/whatever!" Well I'm alright for fake disputes just now.

Of course, there's no point in my denying the truth. Jacobus should be Kaiser. Just because the last Kaiser said otherwise doesn't revoke his "shouldness". But things rarely go as they should. Jacobus, I implore you to give up your claim, because I just want this whole mess to end. And no deal like you get the next Kaisership. This is exactly what they want, but who cares? Don't you and I just want Shireroth to be at peace, at least when it comes to the ultimate denominator of the Imperial Republic, the Kaiser? Of course, Shireroth should always be arguing with itself and with other countries. But I don't like Kaiserial disputes like this one.

So, I'm neutral. You Yardistanis may keep fighting of course. Jess, I know you'll keep going, and fight gloriously and irritatingly for Yardistan! But I think as Yardistanis, we - the sanest Shirerithians, the most receptive to reason, the ones that know that we don't need to pull the strings for the puppets to dance to our tune - should look to end this as soon as possible.
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Kaiser Loki II

Re: Statement

Post by Kaiser Loki II »

I hear you, and my frustration echoes yours to some extent.

But why am I always the one who should give up? Because Hasan is better at conniving? Because we Yardistanis are sane people who have better things to do?
Loki II, Kaiser of Shireroth
The Awaited One, Bearer of the Sword
Traditional King of the Mala'anje
Former Vryheer of Maraguo

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Don't sell yourself short Jacobus, you do have a Cyberian reputation to maintain.

Kaiser Ayreon

Post by Kaiser Ayreon »

Benkern,

I know this is hard for you. I respect what you say and you as a person. I understand the difficult strain that these times have placed on people's loyalties... But I'm sure that if we're patient this succession crisis could be brought to an end that ultimately will bring Shireroth something good in the long-run and make us prosper.

Kaiser Loki II

Post by Kaiser Loki II »

Tool of Hasan the faithless! :document

(Ric, not you benkern) May your "reign" (if you can call it that) whither.

Other thn that, have a nice day! :)

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

If I didn't know you better I'd say you were trying to win me over Ric. :fish But I do know better, and you're right.

Jacobus - it's about being the better man. Having the control and the will and the respect for our country to say "For Shireroth, I yield." I don't think you will, especially since you're in the right here, but I still ask you to do so.

Thing is, you would both make great Kaisers, everyone can admit that. But while Ay.. Andelarion feels duty-bound, you can walk away with your dignity intact Jacobus. This is why my request is aimed at you. Plus I know you a bit better and I think you'll pay even a hint of heed to what may seem like words of a mad traitor. :p
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO

It takes moo to mango!

Kaiser Loki II

Post by Kaiser Loki II »

You are not a traitor. We are all caught in the web of Hasan the Faithless. Ric more than most of us.

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

Benkern, think of it this way...They have until July 16th to pick one between them or I am Kaiser, so it must end soon ;)

John Lenin

Post by John Lenin »

Liam for Kaiser!

:worship :worship :worship :worship

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Why? What happens on July 16th?

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

x
Last edited by Jacobus Loki on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

It is a week from my proclamation, and if no other Kaiser is clearly chosen, I take the throne. That is what happens on the 16th.

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Uhh..*Goes to read the charter again.

Liam conToketi

Post by Liam conToketi »

It will say I cannot do that, but I don't care. For the sake of Shireroth I will take the throne if no other has been truly chosen by that date.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

They may clap you in irons and drag you away, you know.

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

But he'll be Kaiser! :kaiser

It takes moo to mango!

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

But will he, really? I have come to detest this situation which is destroying our country as we bicker and argue about who is "right." I want to support both Jacobus and Ric, because they both "deserve" the throne now. But only one can rule. We can't have a divided crown. Any additional contenders only add to the confusion, as I see it.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

The legal Kaiser is Ayreon, end of story.
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Not really. Mugabe is legal President of Zimbabwe; his opponent withdrew from the Presidential run-off. End of story?

It takes moo to mango!

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Unless Morgan wants his skin inverted it is.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Not really a good comparison. All events leading up to Kaiser Ayreon's accession were legal. The decree, the contents of the decree, the appointee. Had Jacobus made the deal with Hasan by taking an oath as described in law, it would have had the status of law.
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

I wasn't saying that Ayreon's Kaisership was illegal as Mugabe's. I was just saying you can summarise a political situation and miss out swathes of important information like I just did. Like you just did. :p

It takes moo to mango!

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Yes. I chose to make it simple since it has been complicated again and again these last couple of days.
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

But you are only seeing the letter of the law here which, admittedly, is vital, but willfully ignoring the wrongness of the entire situation. Now that it seems to have been resolved wiith Jacobus going into exile, we may, perhaps, reflect on this entire sorry business. Don't misunderstand me: I wholeheartedly agree with you that Ric is the rightful and legal Kaiser of Shireroth. However, this ignores the weight of circumstance, which can often shade or influence the correctness (not the legality) of a decision or ruling. If one ignores this, one does so at one's peril, I believe. A law or ruling made in a vacuum can be a very dangerous thing. I also acknowledge that ignoriing law can also be a fatal flaw.

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

Then the solution should be to punish me, not Ric or Jacobus since I was the one who made the decision. By my estimate, I did was I thought was right considering the situation. It doesn't excuse it, and if people are that upset about it, then blame me, not them. I think most people are :P

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Even if this was all a great plot put together by the Senate of Hurmu and you were in no way implicated, we'd still blame you, Hasan. Ric's just too nice a guy. :p

It takes moo to mango!

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

That's fine, its no skin off my back. I've been a micronational villian for almost a decade. We got some excellent activity out of this and some much needed attention to the legal system. And judging Jacobus by your King Solomon parable, he'd rather have cut the child in half since he's started a rival government. Which means the better man won. See? it all works out in the end. sort of.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Except for the damage done to each man. I think both Ric and Jacobus lost here. The toll is too high to pay if this is the way we must resolve our difficult problerms.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

Hmmm... but seriously. This is all roleplay anyway. If Ric has taken offense, that is too bad, but this shouldn't be taken RL-seriously. Jacobus is... well... Jacobus.
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Roleplay still takes into consideration the nature of humanity. Yes, I think this hurt both Ric and Jacobus, because they were thrown into a conflict neither chose nor desired. If they had been contenders in a RL election, they would have gone into the contest with their eyes wide open, knowing it would be a tough struggle. However, when both are surprised by circumstances beyond their control, and expected to fight, seemingly to the death or wirhdrawal of their opponent, that was not anything either expected or bargained for. Merely to fall back on "but this is just roleplay" is an insult to both men, in my opinion.

Return to “Yardistan”