I'm gone for less then a month...

Moderator: Gman Russell

Gman Russell

I'm gone for less then a month...

Post by Gman Russell »

...and Yardistanis start acting like Yardistanis. Imagine that, hrm?

Let's see... three weeks ago, it was just Ryan and I, now Ryan, Corey, AND Jess are attempting to seize my throne. AND lets not forget Brookshire's apparent attempt to seize isles that are rightfully mine. I was going to actually let Ryan have the throne, but I got distracted by Carol's death and my own father having heart surgery (he's ok, FYI). It irritates me that I would not be given alittle leeway, but thats how it goes in Yardistan. But now, I honestly don't know if I want any of you to have the throne.

Ryan, not only did you dissolve the Diet (a personal favorite of mine), you immediately changed everything around...

AND YOU DISSOLVED MY COUNTY.

MY county.

I have held Mirioth, Amity, and So Sara for years. They are my lands, I poured my heart and soul into them and you think you can just destroy all the work I put into them not less then a month gone? This irritates me to no end.

If you agree to keep MASS as my county, I will pass on the throne to you. If you disagree, I will fight you tooth and nail.

Do we have a deal?
What follows has lead me to this place where I belong, with all erased.

Erik Mortis

Re: I'm gone for less then a month...

Post by Erik Mortis »

Brookshire isn't trying to claim your lands.. Hell.. you almost got another Barony.... Dolor.. for free. The offer still stands.

GREG FOR DUKE/ANARCH!

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Benacia and the two islands off the coast of Lakhesis have always been Brookshirian, so don't try it.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Mortis Mercatoria FC
Owner, Newport City FC

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

*ahem*

Actually, I was referencing this.

And on top of it all, you changed Naudia'Diva to Naudia'Sara?! WTF?!

Actually, I don't really like any of the changes you've enacted...

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Note that the Diet was dissolved on a temporary basis to be reinstated once people got their sh!t together. You haven't been around, and Corey wanted to seize the throne. So I took evasive action. Problem solved.

On a political level, nothing has changed.
-The Diet is on temporary hiatus until people get back. Wow! Big change here!
-The Duke is taking up the role of Anarch until someone can fill it. This makes sense, no?
-Counts were dismissed across the board. If they want their county back, all they have to do is pop in and say "Hi!". That's not unreasonable.

Now, onto the feudal redistribution. Given that it didn't seem likely that you were returning any time soon, I wanted to bring the cultures of Mar Sara and So Sara together, seeing as they share the same latter name, and that I basically established both of them. Furthermore, my own Lac Glacei is landless, thanks in part to whoever - I don't really care, I'm dealing with it. THE POINT IS... Lac Glacei will eventually become part of Florencia or one of those four islands between it and Naudia'Diva. I'm not going to spoil the end of my story by revealing it, so don't ask me to.

I also rescinded the renaming of Naudia'Diva given its importance as a holy site.

If you want MASS restored, fine, then it will be done. If you're not happy with the rest - NOT A PROBLEM - discuss it with me. Don't have a hissy fit like some people.... *glares at Erik*

And I am sincerely sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he gets well soon.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

I do not resent you for seizing the throne, in fact, i'm happy you did it. I'd rather have you than Corey or Jess on the throne, to be honest. It was simply a knee jerk reaction. I'm sure you understand that being in micronations for so long, usually means you have to scream until you're blue in the face to be heard in some places (read: MCS). It's nice that you are a bit more rational. Kudos for that and my apologies for being a bit heavy handed. As for the Diet, then that is acceptable. And yes, you were quite right to take up the role of Anarch. That's why it's there. and as for the dismissal of all counts, again, that was just a knee jerk reaction (I am somewhat attached to my lands).

Actually, now that i'm a bit more awake (it is early here...), you may take So Sara back and do with it as you please. I took stewardship of it as a way to keep it alive when you left (I even saved the original website text and graphics for it, for posterity), so it would be only right for you to take it back and work with it (did you see the maps I made of it?). But Amity and Mirioth I would like to remain mine. And so long as you honor the history of the places, I have no problem with you being Duke. Naudia'Diva I watch over it in memory of James (who did put alot of work into it), just as I watched over So Sara for your sake. Florencia and anything else don't have much attached to it, so I don't care about it much.

ANYWAY, do we have an understanding?

Daniel Farewell

Post by Daniel Farewell »

Lac Glacei was vacated from the map on 6 August 2006. It was an independent territory on the map previous to the vacation, so I doubt that it was Shireroth's decision... But I don't know. I'm not having much "koll" :)

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Gman Russell wrote:Actually, now that i'm a bit more awake (it is early here...), you may take So Sara back and do with it as you please.
... although, even given this, I would like to see MASS remain a unit culturally as well as administratively and forum-ively. Greg's kept them as one for long enough to deserve it.
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

MASS can remain as a single unit. I'll simply work around the issue of tying in the other cultures to So Sara. It's not an untenable situation where I "have" to get my way. In fact, it would be more interesting if you did keep it and worked with me on the cultural development, since I wasn't here for part of the time, and as such have gaps in what I can recall of the particular histories surrounding the islands.

I think that the best answer to this then would be to keep MASS. We can exclude Naudia'Diva from all feudal holdings and designate it a historic/holy site of Yardistan as a whole, therefore being protected by the entire duchy. Mar Sara and Florencia can be put together into a single barony, along with the future Lac Glacei (although it won't be Lac Glacei anymore when I'm done with the story).

Greg can remain Baron of the United Isles, and I will take up the not-yet-named Barony consisting of the others. Absentia will remain as is until Jake gets back.

I think that should satisfy all parties.
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Gman Russell wrote:*ahem*

Actually, I was referencing this.

And on top of it all, you changed Naudia'Diva to Naudia'Sara?! WTF?!

Actually, I don't really like any of the changes you've enacted...
Yeah. Called tongue-in-cheek if I'm not mistaken...
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

And also, is it okay for you lot if I include the southern-most island in the Naudia'Diva chain in the Lakhesian backstory? Doesn't change anything here and now, it's just included in the story.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Which one? The tiny little one in the southeast? Coz I'm writing a story about the islands too. :document

You can use it for your story - that I don't mind at all - but I don't want my story to contradict with what you're writing or it'll all look stupid.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

The one shaped like a banana in the southeast. My story is more of a semi-legend, so a bit of contradiction doesn't matter.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I SUPPORT GREG IN HIS ENDLESS STRUGGLE TO... oh fuck, you people are settling this like adults, aren't you? Some Yardistan this is.

Santelran Rottsaa

Post by Santelran Rottsaa »

At least Jess and I were being Yardistani about it, jeez.
Libido-powered perversion, coming to your home at the speed of light.

The longer that the journey takes, the further down the road

"Well, as the saying goes with D&D, give players a fish, and they'll use it to club someone down. Teach a player to fish, and you'll have them showing up next session with a copy of The Complete Fisherman, trying to dual-wield vorpal fishing poles."

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

Yardilame.
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

This is why I should move Monty Crisco to Yardistani control and take over as Anarch/Duke.

Malliki Tosha

Post by Malliki Tosha »

The problem with that sentence is that it looks like you can. :p
Malliki Tosha
Owner, Newport City FC

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Wait a minute... we settle this like mature adults... for proly the only time in micronational history...

...and we've done a bad thing?

It never ends! :no

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Anyway I suppose you officially accept Ryan as duke now, so I can put on my officially official MiniInt hat and officially officially officially make him duke?
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Yar.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

P.S. Ryan, are you aware of my military structure for Yardistan?

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

No, any info you could pass my way - including those maps you mentioned - would be a big help.

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

My maps are buried in my long article, found here.

Currently, the Yardistani Marine Corps are the only military we have. We have a navy which I never flushed out, but that was all I ever planned on doing. I figured an army wasn't needed sine we are an island chain, and an air force would be redundant for all the air power the marines and the navy have.

Cheers.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Holy crap man! That's a lot of writing!

Ok, you've proven you deserve MASS more than anyone else. :worship ;)

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

Yeah, thanks. I guess i'm... somewhat invested... :D

What about my military article?

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

When are you guys going to get on with annexing Monty Crisco/Dolor into Yardistan?

Santelran Rottsaa

Post by Santelran Rottsaa »

If you remember, I've already done so :P
Libido-powered perversion, coming to your home at the speed of light.

The longer that the journey takes, the further down the road

"Well, as the saying goes with D&D, give players a fish, and they'll use it to club someone down. Teach a player to fish, and you'll have them showing up next session with a copy of The Complete Fisherman, trying to dual-wield vorpal fishing poles."

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Gman Russell wrote:What about my military article?
I like the article, a lot of detail I would never have thought to include, but certainly that which gives it a greater air of realism and depth. I'm somewhat glad that you didn't flesh out an air force, since I've been planning to bring back the old Lac Glaceian Air Armada, which will serve the entire duchy. With Florencia and Mar Sara being the largest islands, I can assume that they can provide sufficient "army" material ~ meaning foot soldiers, armored divisions, etc.
Erik Mortis wrote:When are you guys going to get on with annexing Monty Crisco/Dolor into Yardistan?
Oh, alright, you twisted my arm. :angel :evil

Gman Russell

Post by Gman Russell »

MASS welcomes Dolor into Yardistan, and proclaims them to be Yardistani brothers in spirit!

Also: I've never really thought we needed an army, personally, but if you'd like, go right ahead.

Return to “Yardistan”