Why...

Moderator: Gman Russell

Arviður

Why...

Post by Arviður »

... do the arms of Yardistan feature the Earth and not Micras?
Arviður úr Ansinum
President of the Court of Azarea
Baron of K'Tzuni

Scott of Hyperborea

Re: Why...

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

I can't answer for Nick (the person who probably made those arms) but back in the old days, Shireroth was a lot less fantasy-simulationist and a bit more focused on the real world. Yardistan started out as literally a back yard - Stjepan Aracic's - and grew when a few other people donated their yards and various lands to the cause. So it was originally quite Earth-based.

...or, more likely, it just seemed easier to find a picture of Earth than of Micras, especially since this was before all those neat Micras globes were made.

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

As I thought, then.
Arviður úr Ansinum
Baron of K'Tzuni

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Scott hit the nail on the head. I remember helping to design the arms. That is by no means the original arms of Yardistan - unfortunately I don't remember what the original arms looked like. The present arms were made after Machiavellia was annexed by Shireroth. That's what the vergina sun on red pays tribute to. The Earth represented the various "yards" around the world that encompassed Yardistan. And the small band of land at the top was just a horizontal representation of a yard (drawn freehand by yours truly). Then it was just superimposed over the flag of Shireroth. The green bands added at the top and bottom are "lawns".

Hope that helps. :)
Oh ye who torments me in dreams of dark abysses, beware the sleeping shadow, for it is a bane like no other...
-The Sorcerer of Korgun-Amoth

Arviður

Post by Arviður »

Ahh, thanks Ryan!
Arviður úr Ansinum
Baron of K'Tzuni

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Ahh... the good ol' days.... when the YAC ran free.

Return to “Yardistan”