Greetings from a kindred spirit

Moderator: Gman Russell

Andreas the Wise

Greetings from a kindred spirit

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Well not quite ... but in this post, I'm here in my role as Novatainia, rather than Kildare. And Novatainia has a long-lived ... custom (for lack of a better word) that struck me as so Yardistan-esque I thought I should share it with you, and, oh great Duke, you can decide if it's worthwhile adopting here. We always love it being used overseas, and I have no doubt you'd do it well.

The custom is that of a DZ, or Destruction Zone, where people can safely destroy things to their hearts content without worrying about civilians, police, or lawsuits. Basically, the stadium provides whatever weapons you want, and you can fight eachother, and destroy things, in a fun, chaotic environment. :angel

The Rules are simple but wise:
Rules:

No WMD´s
No killing people
No shooting into the crowd (Yes, there is a crowd)
No Magic

The Stadium contains whatever you need
And with that simple post has been started a Novatainian thread that's onto it's 45th page and still going strong.
http://www.novatainia.org/phpBB3/viewto ... 76&start=0

If it's of interest to you, I'd be delighted if you started one, or more, here ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jacobus Loki

Re: Greetings from a kindred spirit

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Fantastic!

I think we should do this, or something like it, as a BOO/\/\/\/\ist ritual!

Thoughts?
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

hypatias mom

Re: Greetings from a kindred spirit

Post by hypatias mom »

There is already one convention begun under the last Baron: that of burning down the house in which the tea party is being held. It being a magical fire, no one is hurt, and the house is returned to its original state unchanged. Also, B0O0/\/\'s seem to be able to be celebrated with no collateral damage or injury.

Return to “Yardistan”