Fix my confusion button.

Moderator: Gman Russell

Luxi

Fix my confusion button.

Post by Luxi »

Since I have officially been placed in Yardistan, I'm now at the "What do I do now?" phase of my existance here. If some one could help me out there... It would be, well, helpful. Maybe some links so I know specifically whats going on or things I should be aware of in or about Yardistan.

Or I could just start annexing stuff, because honestly, that sounds real fun.

Jacobus Loki

Re: Fix my confusion button.

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Well, annexing stuff is cool.

Start by going to Shirewiki, read as much as you can stand. The Main page of the website is useful, if dated.

We will most likely find a Barony for you, when allowed.

Help me think of a better name. A Prez. is too republican for Shireroth.

What do you enjoy? Do some of that!

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Let's see... Yardistan, Yardistan, Yardistan... well, one thing you can do as Yardistani is pick a subdivision and... wait, WTF are Lunaris and Elsenar doing in Yardistan? And Alexandretta?

* checks *

Oh, hm, they're all in Vorpmadal... I guess someone didn't check the map when making a noble contract, because geographically all those places belong to Brookshire...

Anyway, where were we... oh! What to do in Yardistan!

Well, for one, let's have a look at the map of the world (I'd use a map of Shireroth only but I don't know if anyone's made one since Debigification). See that big blob of crimson in the northwest corner? Yep, that's us. More to the point, that's Brookshire. Now go a little bit south. See all those islands in the triangle between Naudia'Diva, Benacia and Florencia? Or the Khaz Modan Isles? Nobody's ever established a culture for them. Well, the Khaz Modan Isles have fictional history aplenty, but that's about ancient times - while references to said history (which is recounted in the Ages of Shireroth) are appreciated, they're not required.

So, what would you do with an island or two of your own? Well, let's say just for kicks that you pick those three islands arrayed neatly in a triangle west of Naudia'Diva. The Naudia'Divan cultural background is mostly recounted in the wiki. Wouldn't it make sense that some Hunters Of The Stag might visit those islands occasionally? Maybe a few settled down and built their homes there? Maybe the locals liked their ideals and adopted a modified form of them? Maybe they considered the Hunters silly or barbaric, because their culture was so different?

Or consider the Island of Benacia to the east. I'm not quite sure where all the stuff Shyriath developed for that place went... you might want to ask him yourself. That would have an effect on the culture of your islands too, wouldn't it? At least it provides a background to develop on - that's why we put all of this stuff on the map!

Maybe you'd prefer something different? Well, since people already seem to be stuffing mainland fiefdoms into Yardistan, I don't think anyone would terribly mind if you took one and developed it yourself (well, OK, people would probably demand that you move to Brookshire... but you can do that with a single post). Maybe you'd like to develop industry and drill some oil in Thanatos? Dig iron in Woodshire? Have a nice big piece of farmland somewhere in Goldshire? Holwinn, Syrelwynn, Elsenar - doesn't that just remind you of some big German castle with a little city and lots of little farms around it? Maybe you'd like to be Harald's (Wintergleam is pretty much his personal county) neighbour in Eliria and Utasia?

That's just the beginning, I could sit here listing things to do in Shireroth all day. Want to establish a name for that island with the city of Sara-Nyl on it? You got it, and someone will forward it to the MCS so everyone who looks at that map - and as you can see there's a lot of nations on it and a lot of people on the map - will see it and automatically consider it micronational "canon"... and we, well, we'll pretty much consider that island yours. Build a sanct in Straylight? You got it (although I'd prefer you consult with me first)! Or maybe you'll just want to throw a party in Mirioth? We'll attend! Blow stuff up in Yardistan? The more spectacular, the better!

(p.s., I recommend having a look at the Micronational Cartography Society's maps. The information in this post was largely written from memory except for information in those maps)

(p.p.s. I kind of forgot to mention that you can, of course, pick a subdivision that somebody's developed significantly before. It's just that it wouldn't be much appreciated if someone, say, took Amity with its space industry and tried to make it all primitive and animistic like Naudia'Diva, or took Hyperborea and developed it in any direction that Scott didn't approve of, or anything like that... so, do ask before you claim anything for yourself, and if it's something that has been previously developed, try to maintain historical congruity :))
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

NO NO, all the fiefdoms are ours........... :document

Well, unless something changes. As the Kaiser has said, we are a catchall. It's part of our nature.

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

That was before Debigification...
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Kaiser Mors V

Post by Kaiser Mors V »

Alexandretta is in Brookshire... All the old contracts kinda came to an end.. and everything is now based on geography..

anyways.. I have attachments to Alexandretta... despite how much it depresses me.. and fills me with a deep well of sorrow and regret... overwhelming with pain and loss... of a life.. a love.. that I once cherished so dear.. and now curse with my every living breath...

... I seem to have made myself sad...

*goes off to be alone...*

Mortis Mercator V,
Kaiser of Shireroth
Duke of Brookshire
Count of Monty Crisco

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Oh, and by all means, join the Yardistan militia!
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Return to “Yardistan”