The war

Moderator: Gman Russell

b3n|<3r|\|

The war

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

I've no idea if it's over or not, there seem to be some Nova English dissidents and the finest points of the peace have yet to be worked out but it seems its actually actually over for us.

So! Thank you, all of you who participated. You helped forge a new chapter in the history of Shireroth, and better yet a victorious chapter. Every one of you did very well, and gave your all to Shireroth in the field of battle, for which I personally am very thankful. I think we as a Duchy gained quite a lot in this war; we've got a Navy, and have established ourself as a naval duchy (which makes sense as someone who may have been Erik pointed out since we're island-based). Even if we hadn't won (and oh did we win - we crushed them!), I would still have counted this a victory for Yardistan for that, but also because of the turnout. I'm impressed, really, especially by Jacobus, who managed to kick some serious ass using only my OrBat. :)

We all had a good time. We might have gained some land and our Kaiser a new crown. Many of us earned a sweet military campaign medal. But is that enough? Hell no! I want to show my appreciation as your Duke. And this is the only way I know how.

Baron Prodigy, you who most nobly fought against the dark forces of inactivity and apathy that threatened to leave Yardistan with no troops in the field; to you I grant the title of "Guardian of Interest" which comes with a hat secretly forged in secret by the legendary H4773rs of Vorpmadal during my time as Baron of that bizarre land. It resembles a overly sized top hat in most ways except for the checkered square on the front in the middle of the hat with the initial "GoI" laced in gold with an emerald filling the void of the first vowel. Wear it with pride; may you ever be vigilant against the curse of apathy!

Jacobus Loki, former Duke of Yardistan, you commanded your forces (well... my forces) with such great valour and resolve. In a move that some would call insane but I would call daring you challenged a large Nova English fleet with just the battleship Kaiser Mors V. Your People's Republic of Gascony also made me laugh. If you accept the position, I hereby appoint you Admiral of the Grand Yardistani Navy. It will be your job to develop our tactics, extend the fleet and command it in battle. I am also eager to discover your opinion on my second decree, or if you would prefer to remain territory-less that's fine. Though it looks like you may be moving onwards and upwards to Brookshire. :P

Jess. You managed to post once in the battle thread, that's something I suppose, even if it was for the wrong country. You are hereby appointed Jess-ter of the Duchal Court. Make me laugh.

That is all, gentlemen. Thank you all for a very enjoyable war! :)
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Jacobus Loki

Re: The war

Post by Jacobus Loki »

My Lord Duke,

Brookshire does not seem to be in any great hurry to proclaim me, and I don't want a mini-version of the previous Kaiserial affair, so I shall be patient.

How sounds "Benkern, Duke of Yardistan and Brookshire"? :)

I accepted Decree #2 a while back, and have been billing myself as

"Count of Florencia
Guardian of Yardistan County" since then. :)

The Admiralty is quite a challenge. I accept until someone more seaworthy may be located.

I have to thank Ardy - his timely intervention saved the KMV from almost certain disaster. Captain O'Keefe, I am pleased to report, is alive and well aboard the "Improvise".

"Comrade Moore" sends his regards. :D

Huzzah for Baron Prodigy! He was able to handle changes in orders quickly, and contributed mightily. I certainly do not want to be on the other side of his Chelkran Guards!

We also owe a debt of gratitude to Jonas and to Batavia for their stalwart contributions and their humanitarian aid to the Gascons. The late Duke of Brookshire spent his last strength in turning aside the first thrust of the enemy.

Thank you, Milord Baron, for your wisdom and leadership!

Admiral of the Grand Yardistan Navy,
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

I accepted Decree #2 a while back, and have been billing myself as

"Count of Florencia
Guardian of Yardistan County" since then. :)
Oh yes of course! I was simply looking at the Register (which I had forgotten to update) and then thought "Hmm, why isn't Jacobus a noble?" then checked the decree thread and couldn't see your acceptance. Pray forgive the fading memory of an old Duke. :kaiser I have the utmost confidence in your ability as Admiral but as per your request I am willing to replace you with someone of the pretty much the same ability but slimmer, younger and fitter. :p
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Whenever such comes along. Must think naval thoughts. Gives a whole new meaning to contemplating one's (ahem) Naval.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Return to “Yardistan”