The War isn't over yet...

Jonas

The War isn't over yet...

Post by Jonas »

Like the title says... the Civil War isn't over yet. The Babhkan attempt for a coup is very handy for me. :demon
I know there wasn't a Battle of Halluci Port yet, but it was supposed to happen (with me losing against Andreas).
It was early in the morning. The day before news had spread of a failed attempt of Babhkans taking over the Imperial Republic of Shireroth. The coup was discovered and made public in the INS, one of the most popular newspapers on Micras.
The plot of two former Babhkan Kaisers, Hasan I and Ayreon Stilli, that was discovered shocked the commons and peasants through whole the Empire.
The people were furious and wanted to see revenge in the shape they know it: burning the Babhkan houses and placing them on the new guillotine of the Dutch.
The night after the news was revealed and spread trough Kildare, the people took their pitchforks and formed an angry mob. Dutch Jonas had ordered earlier that night, when a messenger told him the news, that the Inner gates (the quarters of Blackrock Nua is divided with walls) had to be closed. So nobody could get armed by the angry mob. But the officers of the City Guard were furious too and later said that they had received the message of the Dutch far too late.
This was, of course, a lie and the Dutch knew it but didn´t thought about punishing the Guards. The Babhkans were always very cumbersome, annoying and disturbing. Everytime Jonas took a bath, a Babhkan asked for an audience and disturbed his free time.
Finally revenge!
The angry mob spread themself in three groups when they reached the open gates at the Babhkan Quarter. The Babhkans were to late to ose the gates and ran away, followed by the mob with pitchforks.
Fortunately, the night ended and the mob disappeared as fast as they had appeared. The Babhkan Quarter was burnt to the ground. The houses in Babhkan style were replaced by ruins in Boomist style. Oh yes, there were still a lot survivors. Burning houses and killing people were something very different. The people knew very well that the Dutch wouldn´t accept that women and children (even if it were Babhkans) aren´t safe in the capital of Kildare.

After the terrible defeat of the volunteery army in Halluci against Baron Andreas the Wise the people began to mutter and doubt to the power of the Dutch. Could the man who had lost the (First) Battle of Port Halluci and maybe even had lost the favour of the Gods, protect the poor peasents and common people?
The Dutch never had lost a major battle before, and the first days after the defeat the people didn´t only mourn but also rioted. The riot was smacked down and order had returned in the streets. But even after the return of the peace in the capital, the people were still angry and ready to riot again when needed. Maybe that was the major reason of the Dutch to not interfere in the slaughter of the Babhkans.
Dutch Jonas of Kildare was well aware that this situation gave him again some prestige back, it even could restore his status and let the people forget the terrible defeat.
The day was just begun and the news spread through Kildare that the Dutch had always known something like this would have happened: the economic system was a trap to take power from the Shirerithian Dukes and to give it to rich Babhkan merchants. Their was evidence: both times, the Dutch had resisted against the Kaisers! The Dutch was right about both kaisers, why would he be wrong about taking Gong Li from his Baron?
It gave the loyal Kildarians hope again, they believed in their Dutch! They knew he could safe them from the Babhkan danger!
By the afternoon the people were talking about Baron the Wise. He wasn´t sby the situation and he knew it a lot earlier than their Dutch. This could mean only one thing: the Baron is a traitor too! And traitors need to be punished!

In his castle, in Blackrock Nua, Jonas knew the people would demand from him that he needed to punish the Baron.
With the Count of Automatica, Curgan of Automatica ; and the Lord of Curagh, Robert of Curagh he prepared a plan.
"We need to punish him for his rebellious behaviour, but throwing him on a guillotine for something that isn´t even proved is going to far!" said Jonas to his favourite two nobles.
"A good punishment would be", Curgan doubted about what he would say, "taking away Halluci, My Lord."
"Maybe we can make it a Barony again!" shouted Robert happy and excited of the idea. The legends of the mighty Halluci empire spoke to their imagination. What new age would start if the Halluci´s would have power again?"
The Dutch thought about it and said slowly and almost whispering like he didn´t agree fully: "Err. Yes, maybe that isn´t a bad idea. And with splitting Atterock, the Baron can´t be as dangerous as before."
After he said that he refound his trust in the idea. He gave some map makers the task to work on the new borders and began to prepare a new battle against his Baron.

This time the Dutch was well-prepared, he didn´t want to lose this time because of the unexperience of his soldiers (mostly volunteers). The City of Bray that they had captured in the beginning had survived the sieges from Atterockian soldiers. While the Antyan soldiers got better life conditions in the conquered areas, the Atterockians almost had to do with a famine. The peasant had fleed to the forests and had organised a Halluci army under the command of David, a former servant of the Dutchal Crown. The farming fields were empty and if the Atterockians found a field with grain you could have been very sure of it that it would lead to a fight between Halluci rebels and the Atterockian armies.
Yes, there was a truce, even if it (Atterockians, Antyans and Halluci Rebels) would abuse every moment of weakness by the enemy to attack them.

The same time nobles from whole Kildare, and even some Batavian nobles who were bored in their homeland reached the walls of Blackrock Nua. They were the guests of the Dutch, this time he would solve it with the help of nobles and maybe some Halluci rebels if they saw his plan...
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Malliki

Re: The War isn't over yet...

Post by Malliki »

But Ayreon refused to go along with the Hasanic plan... This is bordering on slander. Against a former Kaiser. Not a wise career move in an autocracy perhaps.

Andreas, you are welcome to Brookshire (at least the Lakhesis part) if you need a safe refuge.
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Mike Fors wrote:But Ayreon refused to go along with the Hasanic plan... This is bordering on slander. Against a former Kaiser. Not a wise career move in an autocracy perhaps.

Andreas, you are welcome to Brookshire (at least the Lakhesis part) if you need a safe refuge.
You really don't know much about angry mobs, do you? They just want to burn and make noise, they will use every reason they can.
Like said in the story: throwing Andreas on a guillotine will not be allowed. And if you think taking Halluci away is without his permission then you are wrong. We have talked at the beginning of the war about this and we know what changes of borders we will make. ;)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

The offer to Andreas is somewhat in character.
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

OOC:Sorry Mike, what was that? Didn't see the quote marks, couldn't here you ... :p

@ Jonas - Yes, we did need something to stimulate events. This is as good a start as any. And you did technically lose the battle (I fought, very briefly, for you.) I'll try not to mention the Shadow Proclomation in this post (the second last episode of Dr Who just screened in Australia. Only one more week till I found out how the series ends ... :party Of course, that means it ends :cry )
Why couldn't people wait! Hear the facts out! Even just sometimes, for a change. Of course the Baron was expecting the news - he was the Steward's hand picked Inquisitor to deal with the matter. He just thanked Sakat there weren't many Babkhans in his realm so he didn't have to stop his citizens attempting wholesale pillaging ... He didn't like what the Babkhan leaders had planned, but that was it. It was a plan, and it was the leaders. That was no reason to punish the whole Babkhan race. But he was also a diplomat and a politician, and he knew he couldn't be seen "helping" (read "Stopping getting murdered") Babkhans in the present climate. There was nothing to do but sit it out. And to come at such a time ...

New North Lovely was still wreeling from the unexplained gas that had broken forth from the mine leak. His shadow fighting forces hadn't reported back from Deep Trouble. Mel'Kat was in the north, fighting a training war. And shadows were moving, he was sure of it. And he had to interrupt his important work of making the world a better place, and trying to save it from being destroyed/defeated in the first place, to deal with a civil war!
"Right, the Hallucination people have spent far too long with Atterockian soldiers in Bray," he told his advisors in Melangia. "If the Dutch sets so much as a foot within the Halluci border, we are liberating Bray. I'm sure Sebastien and David will be with me."
"I wouldn't be so sure," said one. "David has been doing ... odd things in his studies. I'm not sure we can trust his support. It'll depend if he gets ... other offers."
"We'd better make him one he can't refuse then," Andreas replied. "First, save Bray. Then ... reclaim Hallucigrad ..."
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

@Mike: Okay. ;)

But I'm curious of the reaction of Andreas' people if he accepts it... :demon

@Andreas: Great story! I will try to react as soon as possible! :)

Andreas the Wise

Great? Nah, it was some random thoughts I cobbled together in a couple minutes to give you something to react to ... :p
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

A great story doesn't need to be to several pages long. ;)

If you want it, I will just call it amusing. :)

Kaiser Loki III

Post by Kaiser Loki III »

Almost OOC:

I assume this is a recwar? :fish
Loki III, Kaiser of Shireroth
"Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est."
The Awaited One, Bearer of the Sword
Traditional King of the Mala'anje
Prince of Hvalafell
Lord Protector of Yardistan
Vryheer of Maraguo

Andreas the Wise

Er ... more a story war.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I will update this as soon as possible. So not before friday. :(

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

The Dutch meets some of his most important nobles and knights.
Someone knocked on the door of the room of the Duke.
"Enter!" shouted Duke Jonas, and immediately Lord Robert of Curagh entered the room.
"My Lord," with those words Robert started a conversation. He was clearly excited about something. "I have wonderful news!"
The Duke turned his face to Robert.
"Yes?"
Robert had prepared on his 'journey' to the Duke's room a whole text of how he would say it. But now he could tell it him, he almost forgot how to say it.
"My Lord, almost all nobles loyal to You have arrived!" said Robert enthousiastic, "and even 100 Batavian nobles and 300 Maraguan trained soldiers of Vryholder Gregory of Enhasa!"
Just outside the city of Blackrock Nua a huge army of, mostly nobles, was camping and waiting until the Duke would give them orders.
More then 20,000 cavalarists; 5,000 archers; 1,000 spearmen and 10 cannons were ready to get commanded by the Dutch and his officers (mostly high nobles). A disciplined army, with more experience than the first invasion army of the Dutch, was ready to dissipate the Atterockians from Halluci once and for all.
A noble matter: liberating the lands from the rebellious Baron Andreas the Wise, yes. Unfortunately, the real reason to fight for nobles is the money they get from the Dutch or by asking ransom. They imprisson enemy nobles for ransom and become rich. It´s the way the Atyan nobles always have fought in the past and will fight this time again.
The Atterockian nobles in Halluci Port have atleast the value 7,500 erb, a small fortune, and who can capture Andreas the Wise becomes famous and rich!
The nobles want to fight, not even frightened after the defeat in the first Siege of Halluci Port. Like Robert told it to the Dutch:ere peasant that fought for us, My Lord". But he forgot to say that the city itself was defended by peasants too, and the Dutch knew this.

Finally the large army began to march, in the direction of the County of Halluci. The army of the Dutch would meet the army of the Count of Schlangen near Bray and would rest behind the walls of that city. After that, the final battle would begin.

Andreas the Wise

Ring ring, ring ring...
The phone was ... old. One of the older models that actually gave a literal meaning to "dialling a number." It was an oddity in this whole situation, but by no means the most odd.
Ring ring, ring ring...
The phone itself had been laid on its side - at the top it plugged into a small speaker, amplifying it so it could be heard by the whole room. The old fashioned metallic sound continued to ring forth, as it waited for the person dialled to pick up.
Ring ring, ri "Hello, Baron Andreas the Wise speaking."
A moments pause, then, "You are in grave danger."
Not the most welcoming opening line, but accurate.
"Who is this?" came Andreas' response.
Another brief pause, then, "My name is not important." The voice was odd, mechanical, sythenesised ... for it was. It was being outputted through a standard computer voice program, so as to be undetectable. "I am here to warn you." The words flashed on the computer screen as they were rapidly typed in, and then the computer spoke them out, into the phone.
"Warn me what? Is this a joke? Is that you, Jess?" Andreas replied.
"I don't have much time." Again, the words were rapidly typed, then spoken calmly by the computer. They did not portray the anxiety of the typee. "You must listen - do not attempt to conquer Hallucigrad. Whatever you do, do not give in to the desire to reform the Halluci Empire."
"Why should I take advice from someone who won't even tell me their name?" Andreas responded.
"Because you are wise enough to recognise a story when you're in one." It was typed, played out from the computer, and then the phone was hung up. The act was done. Now, to hope Andreas listened to it ....
OOC: Yeah, this would work so cool in a film, if all you could see was the phone, desk and computer screen, and you could merely hear the typing, but not see the fingers that typed .... but I've done the best I can with mere words.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Return to “Barony of Antya”