Where's the temple?

Andreas the Wise

Where's the temple?

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Rereading Bill's decrees after Jonas posted one .... where's the huge Solaralist temple?
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

hypatias mom

Re: Where's the temple?

Post by hypatias mom »

I think the Solaralist Temple was demolished and something else erected on the site. I think you would have to consult Erik for details. At the time we no longer had any Solaralist worshippers, so it was no longer deemed necessary.

Andreas the Wise

I worried it might have been as such ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Let rebuild it! :document
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

I think rebuilding it as a museum would be the most appropriate course of action (after leaving it be of course :p).
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

We would have to relocate it because that particular spot is already occupied. I think a museum to a dead religion is a noble idea.

Andreas the Wise

b3n|<3r|\| wrote:I think rebuilding it as a museum would be the most appropriate course of action (after leaving it be of course :p).
Digging out the remains first, and probably restoring it to its former glory also help ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

That would be a tough job given what Lady Lumina's Light has just pointed out. :)
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO

It takes moo to mango!

Andreas the Wise

Someone built something else atop the key Solaralist temple? Who would do such a sacreligious thing?
Q - Director of SAMIN

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

You might start by looking at who was anti-Solaralist. That might give you an idea...

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

ERIK!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry

:p
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Don't be so quick to condemn. At the time, there were no Solaralists here, and since the countr'y's official religion is Cedrism, it seemed reasonable to change this area from a Solaralist one to one that would be more inclusive of various faiths. Establishing a museum ito commemorate this alternatiive religion is an appropriate and right step in remembering a divisive but stongly held belief systee,

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

So, it was Erik? :o

ERIK!!!! :no

Oroigawa Koreyasu

Post by Oroigawa Koreyasu »

Hurray for Erik pissing off Andreas! :party
Oroigawa Koreyasu
Count of McCallavre, Straylight
Count of Lesser Attera, Kildare
Count of Asantelian, Brookshire

Chairman, Senate of the Lakes, Hurmu

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I did not name any names here. You guys are jumping to conclusions. Unless you can find a supporting post. I will not confirm the identity of the one responsible (or zie can conrfirm it zirself).

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Who cares even if it was Erik, or any other Shirerithian? Some of us younger guys might like the idea of Soloralism, but back in the day Soloralism was just Bill and Harvey's crazy little made-up religion thing that Bill was trying to push onto everyone else. Also, paired with the fact that Soloralism was connected with Apollo culture (at one point it was called Apolloism), the "bad side" of Apollo culture which Shireroth wanted to distance itself from at various points during its history, it makes sense for the temple to have been B0O0/\/\ed.

It takes moo to mango!

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

It also indirectly caused a lot of conflict in the sector as a whole..."Menelmacar"..

Andreas the Wise

Yes, well that's all ancient history .... which is why its so interesting.
I knew Shireroth generally wasn't well disposed to Solaralism ... I'd just like confirmation on whether the temple was officially destroyed, raised to the ground, no stone left on another etc .... or whether it was raised and then another structure built on top (if so, which structure), or whether, as I suspect, it was just abandoned and forgotten.
Q - Director of SAMIN

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

No, it definitely was destroyed, and another structure built on the site of the destruction. In order to build your new museum you will need to find another building site. And, yes, the conflicts between religions in Shireroth led to a lot of dissension, and to some people leaving the country. They say you should not discuss politics or religion. Unfortunately, sometimes this advice is not only ignored but trampled.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

It's simple, we just need to blow up the building above the temple and then we can rebuild it.
Maybe the Ocean Palace has some inventions that can be used to rebuild it.

Hesam Jayatar

Post by Hesam Jayatar »

I might be mistaken, but I THINK the Soloralist Temple was turned into the multi-temple. That's the only Soloralist temple I know of in Shireroth. I do remember when I was working on the Grand Archive, I used all of the information from the temple to build the Soloralist entry. However, I think ezboard was just bought out so it might be dead now. I don't know.

Andreas the Wise

So the Multi-Temple is in Antya then .... interesting ...

Hypatias Mom, do you have any idea where the post was made about destroying it, or what was built in its place? (apart from possibly the multi-temple)
Q - Director of SAMIN

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

This was during a period when the country was hurting frrom a lot of drivisiveness. I had no part in this particular activity, but remember the presence of the Solaralist Temple was a sore point since the adherants of that religion had departed, and there was still a lot of bitterness on both sides. I don't remember specifically whether the same exact bricks were repurposed, but I do remember it being made obvious that there would no longer be a place there for that religion because there was to be a building dedicated to other faiths in place of the Solaralist Temple. And, no, I can't recall exactly when it happened, but I am sure it was after my reign as Kaiseress, and that of my daughter, Hypatia Agnesi.

Andreas the Wise

Many thanks Hypatias Mom, that puts it clear in my mind that, even if no post said it specifically, the temple was definitely demolished. A very limited archaeological expedition may be in order, but I think it would be limited to getting a rough idea of architectural layout (well, floor plan anyway, assuming that "no brick was left on another" is not to be taken literally) and the possible recovery of minor relics discarded at the site (or perhaps even hidden days before by loyal Solaralists anticipating the destruction. Stranger things have happened on temples on earth ...).

My Duke, given this insight I would have to agree that a museum rather than a reconstruction of the temple would be most in order. After all, neither you nor I are Solaralist (well, I know I'm not, I'm Church of St Nova which recognises the Solaralist teachings and history, but doesn't accept their claim to be the only gods. You might be Solaralist), we merely have a historic interest in it stemming from CoD and our (highly limited) experience with Microns (technically you were there when the Remnant attacked us in the Ocean Palace, and when Sai´Kar later came and talked (briefly) to us). If there is not already such a place, a small chapel could perhaps be constructed on the site, but no full restoration of the temple.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I would rebuild the temple fully like it was before, BUT as a museum. So people can visit the museum and can see how it was in the past.

If the multitemple is indeed Kildarian / Antyan, it means we can move it to Antya :evil

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Just a note on spelling if you're doing anything awesome:

It's Soloralist/Soloralism
Common misspellings include Solaralist/Solaralism or Solorist/Solorism

It takes moo to mango!

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Sorry for the misspellings. I was not aware of the correct spelling of the word until now.

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

The mispellings don't really matter that much in day to day conversations. They were common enough when the religion was around. :D But if you're rededicating the temple, creating a subboard or a museum or both, the right spelling is probably a good thing to know.

It takes moo to mango!

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I am not involved in that particular endeavor. I heard the stories about the dissension between religions from both main parties, and sympathize with both perspectives. Unfortunately, it was not possible during past days to come to an amicable meeting of the minds, or even a peaceful coexistence, hence the expulsion of the religion at that time. That is one reason I no longer attempt to be really dogmatic in my approach here to my religious perspective. I have seen too many angry posts and unforgiveness, and a refusal to bend.

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

It's probably because of the existance of too many strongheaded micronationalists. Most of those do not believe in compromises. The 4th Law of Micronationalism is "Compromises don't always work", but I think some would have it read "Compromises never work".

It takes moo to mango!

Return to “Barony of Antya”