Military Ranks

Jonas

Military Ranks

Post by Jonas »

From Fax Celestis' bio:
A former mercenary commander, Dant Fax Celestis was renowned the world over for his speed. Battle prowess, not always, but speed, yes. After all, speed kills. Fax Celestis (Fax for short) only held office for a short period of time before being assassinated by CSC infiltrators.
During his time in office, however, Fax was able to accomplish a few things. Officially declaring the Duchy of Kildare in a permanent state of martial law and moving the military there, he immediately began the development of several new weapons and began setting up branches of the military for special operations.
Fax Celestis also introduced the ranking system used within Shireroth's military today (from highest to lowest):

i. Dant
ii. Mil
iii. Cent
iv. Tweg
v. Caud
vi. Dec
vii. Striker
viii. Wynt
ix. Aksai
x. Alt
xi. Aspirant
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Erik Mortis

Re: Military Ranks

Post by Erik Mortis »

wow.. old school Nice. I'll let him know you did this...

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

In the reforms that are comming we need to look to old, forgetten traditions and take those that are handy and make our Duchy even more glorious!

I just like the titles :p
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

You would have loved the stories he wrote, his artwork, and his sense of humor. Fax is certainly missed here.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Are these stories somewhere online? Maybe I can place them on the Kildarian website.

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

There's a chance they went up in flames with the Halucigrad Library... :(
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

It's possible some exist in Fax' on computer archives. Erik still has contact with him, and perhaps could ask him. Otherwise, I fear they may be gone for gooe. The only remnants now existing in a form undeleted during the hack, are, I believe, part of Scott's fine book Unaimed Arrow, which has a plot and atmosphere which use much of Fax's cultural flavor.

Return to “Barony of Antya”