WoB I

Jonas

WoB I

Post by Jonas »

At the Expo '08, I released a demo of my own game, World of Batavia I.
I will translate this to English after my exams, so people like Andreas can help me to develop it further.

Andreas proposed to devide the Redoubt Island between Batavia, Shireroth and Interland. If Batavia indeed gets the island I could bring it in the game (in the beginning, a short visit to it).

The beginning of my game is a little bit boring and I was looking after some way to make it better (you almost start with fighting against enemy troops, and I first want a part without the invasion).

After a visit to the Batavian colonies (okay, officially it are 'states' but I prefer to call it as in the old good time) the ship could stop at Enhasa and the hero could make a trip in the little city and visit the other parts (so Shireroth gets a little bit involved already).

Maybe there are some ideas for a little adventure in Enhasa? :thumbsup
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Ari Rahikkala

Re: WoB I

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

Well... uh... I think we need a little background here. What time is this game set in? Who do you play as? What kind of things generally happen in this game otherwise?
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

You want to know the storyline? I will give a short summary:
After coming back from a surveillance in the Batavian colonies Jonas is sailing back to Batavia with a cruise ship.
Middle in the night the ship gets attacked, Jonas can defeat the leader of the enemy troops and they run/fly away.

The cruise ship stops in 'Fort Klein-Nederburg', where Jonas meets Alejandro
(minister of Defence). He discovers that there is an invasion going on. With Alejandro he travels to Davignon (capital of the Province of Dietsland) and enters the headquarter of Jecom International (JI).
There are rumors that JI developped a secret weapon: a time travelling device. It wouldn't surprise that the Daviloniers (the enemy) want the time machine.
The lab gets attacked and Gustaaf ('Stadhouder' of 's Koningenwaarde and important politician) and Alejandro try to stop the attackers. In the meanwhile Jonas and Jeroen go back in time to warn the Batavian army for the invasion.

The time travel is a success, but they aren't in the right time: they are in the year 1635, the year of the creation of Batavia.

-----
The Daviloniers are a people that where banned by Polys, an old god, because they where servants of his brother Davilius.
Davilius was banned, with his followers, to the 'Vuurberg' (Fire Mountain). There he prepared an attack on Batavia. If his army can conquer the whole nation Davilius could get free and have the power to rule Micras.

I need a good story about that... ;)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Ah, unexplained time travel... is there any finer basis for a game? :p
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

b3n|<3r|\| wrote:Ah, unexplained time travel... is there any finer basis for a game? :p
Like I said: it's a very short summary. I just didn't told you how it happens!
There are three energy crystals, they where found by the hero before the game started. They will get broken when Jeroen and Jonas arrive in 1635.
Without the crystals there isn't a good energy source to travel in time (that isn't really important because the heros don't have a machine to use). Even without the machine, maybe because they would get bored otherwise, they start searching after the crystals.

The first crystal is property of Duke Johan Windsor, the second is in an old Benecian temple on the Island of Zeehuysen. The third is in the Vuurberg.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I'm thinking about bringing Cedrism in the game.

The crystals, made by old magicians, could been made with the help and approval of three Cedrist Gods.

The Crystal of Light, created by the magician Gregorius, was supported by the Godess Lumina.
The Crystal of Balance and Chaos, created by Emeraldus, was supported by the God Ikol.
The Crystal of Life and Dead, created by Laurada, was supported by the God Mors.

The Crystals, spread over the country, have a n enormous power.
The Crystal of Light is protected by Cedrists, in the Benecian Temple.
The Crystal of Life and Death belongs to property of the House of Windsors.
The Crystal of Balance and Chaos is hidden in the Vuurberg (in the north of Batavia).

In the beginning game the crystals are already discovered by Jonas, Jecom International is already using them to get enough energy for time travelling.
When Jonas and Jeroen go back in time they need to find the crystals again (but like I said before, even if they find them they can't just go back to their own time without a time machine or something similar).

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Sounds like a plan ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Return to “Barony of Antya”