Concerning the state of the County of Gong Li

AngelGuardian93

Re: Concerning the state of the County of Gong Li

Post by AngelGuardian93 »

*applaudes*I look forward with MUCH interest. There are no flowers, no not this time. There will be no angels gracing the lines, just these stark words I find.

Rarkasha

Concerning the state of the County of Gong Li

Post by Rarkasha »

To be honest, Gong Li doesn't seem to be much of a stand-out, with little historical background or cultural development. Of course, as a person reletively new to Shireroth, and to micronations in general, it seems fitting that I am given a more raw material to work with. I will do my best to insure that the name of Gong Li is more than than name of a land, but a name that will make an impression in Shireithean history.Also, I believe that the islands near Gong Li are the Frantz Islands, annexed by Gong Li exactly 5 years and a day ago. If not, what does it matter, I will call them the Frantz Islands anyways.From what I can gather, Gong Li has a large population, and reletively developed land, in comparison with the rest of the UAS at the time of the annexation. However, there is little cultural development. It is not mismangement of Gong Li, but simply a lack of distinction from the other Counties due to a lack of a centralized leader.Seeing as how I need to distinguish myself as well, I shall begin by following in the footsteps of a former U.S. president, whose decisions were made to pull the country out of an economic depression. First, while not all towns on the map will be named, I will begin marking certain areas or cities of interest. The capital of Gong Li, by the way, will be moved inland. A central port town for the Frantz Islands will be erected, to provide support for trade ships to Gong Li (The weather is favorable for sailors traveling the strait), as well as a hub for goods from the Frantz Islands. Of course, I need to come up with names, first. Hau'Oli Ena will remain an important city of Gong Li, most likely as a place of trade and rest to and from Treesia, the Raynor Isles, and the other lands to the west.Second, I want it to be known that Gong Li shall be a safe haven for the studious and the contemplative. As a smaller County, I must look beyond raw, physical wealth and add to the immaterial wealth of this land. This, of course, means that I hope to raise educational awareness within the County. Public schools are to be improved, and I hope to construct a college/library sometime at the new capital, and make it an enviable place to have studied at. That too will take time to institute, but I believe the rewards will be great. Politically, this also means that Gong Li has an open mind concerning all forms of philosophy and ideology. However, this only means the thoughts and beliefs of the people within the land. Actual illegal actions taken, whether or not they pertain to a certain philosophy, will not be taken any lighter than a thoughtless crime.Lastly, Gong Li will be a nation ready to take action, whether in defense or offense. It will begin by creating formal recruiting centers for the Gong Li Naval force. Ships will be made for the specific purpose of protecting trade ships, patroling the coast, and so on. I am looking to have ships designed by the Königreich Reichlau Schiffbau. Also, a formal miltia of each town will be instituted (except for those small towns unable to contribute without straining their people, which also must be well away from the coast, to avoid being attacked), which includes little training, but does include actual logged hours, with a roster sheet of participants.This will put an enormus strain on the economy, which I hope will force it to grow.May this land prosper by my rule.So says Rarkasha,Count of Gong Li The first step is admitting I have a problem.

Bill3000

Re: Concerning the state of the County of Gong Li

Post by Bill3000 »

I would like to take note that Gong Li is the territory that was previously the Confederation of Hau'Oli'Ena, a Hawaiian themed micronation, although not as such in practice. It was infamous during its time for its sheer economic power due to its stock exchange, and its currency became the currency of the UAS.You don't have to follow it, of course, but I just want to be helpful here. I didn't really like the concept of that theme anyway. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);Edited by: Bill3000 at: 11/28/05 7:24

Return to “Barony of Antya”