1 kilometer!?!?!!?

Bill3000

Re: 1 kilometer!?!?!!?

Post by Bill3000 »

I should actually probably lower the amount, as my feet hurt way before that amount of walking.Oh, and yes, I'm using the metric system here. I hate the American/Imperial system. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

david northworthy beckfor

1 kilometer!?!?!!?

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

Whisky Tango Foxtrot!??!?! If you feel an icy chill...the Conglacio is amongst youEdited by: david northworthy beckford at: 10/17/05 5:41

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Metrics rock!

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

SI (which is technically not the metric system, although it is derived from it and is roughly the same) is better. Meters per second >>> kilometers per hour, and meters cubed >>> litres. Much easier for calculation, even if m^3 is inconvinient. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Rarkasha

Post by Rarkasha »

That seems kinda small... by that account, I shouldn't even be walking home from school. If that restriction was placed on my way to school, of course.

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

1 kilometre isn't far at all...If the Baron walks as slow as 4 km/h, he'll only need to walk a quarter of an hour before the Baron has to be carried by his good slaves I think we need to encourage the good Baron to do some exercising Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

I was pretty much as unfit as I've ever been near the end of elementary school - and I've never exercised much, and I've always eaten much, so that does mean "very unfit". Still, although I was provided a bus ride both ways, I walked (I could have ridden a bicycle... if it wasn't for a certain event in my life that's best left in history now that I've gotten over it (*)) home from school every day. The length of the trip was seven kilometres. I did it for my own good and out of my own volition.(*) I did actually post about it once, and I suspect that at least Moose still remembers it. The thread itself, however, is lost to ezPlague. The league of sadistic telepaths: "There's someone in your head and it's not you"

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Yikes - that's long. That's about how much I can cycle (I can walk longer though) without dying. But I don't really dare walking long, as... my sense of orientation is way to bad. I lived in a small town in Sweden, about 10 000 in the actual town. After having lived there for 15 years I still got lost when walking home from friends' houses, and their houses were only a few blocks away from home! Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

Give me a reminder? I can't remember. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

RicLyon

Post by RicLyon »

Reminder of what, elk? Richard LyonYansha Elaer Kyon gef ShanPernem kahn gef kuymal per varga stiPernem kahn gef varga per kuymal sti

Osman Shahanshah

Post by Osman Shahanshah »

Of whether it is hunting season or not...

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

A reminder of:Quote:I did actually post about (the incident as to why Ari cannot ride on a bike anymore) once, and I suspect that at least Moose still remembers it. The thread itself, however, is lost to ezPlague. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismCitizen of ShirerothBaron of AntyaProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'We.....are.....not....FANTASY!>?!POE' - Scott Siskind, on hearing Bill Dusch say that Shireroth's theme is percieved to be Fiction-Fantasy based";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="'I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock.' - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

Let me guess: Ari only recently learned to ride a bike? : p"best left in history" means nothing to us Shirithians. Scion of the Mog Kaiser

david northworthy beckfor

Post by david northworthy beckfor »

don't care what system you use, 1 km is bloody shortI could not imagine not working way more then that each day.if you seriosly cannot walk that far, then get help. please. before you die. If you feel an icy chill...the Conglacio is amongst you

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

You don't remember? Ah... excellent . The league of sadistic telepaths: "There's someone in your head and it's not you"

Fax Celestis

Post by Fax Celestis »

I remember.//cackles evilly. Viatax Sitadi Axdivijink Regigoraauk

Sibir Khan

Post by Sibir Khan »

1km is only like 5/8's of a mile. I agree with Conglacio. Get help. Now.Either that or buy yourself a popemobile...

osmose1000

Post by osmose1000 »

It's his feet. I say get Dr.Scholls. Does wonders for me. They call it a signature, but no one ever signs their posts...

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

I totally understand about the feet thing. I currently wear nothing but Reef brand flip flops (the squishy kind), and my feet have never been happier with me (except maybe when I was a little kid). My flip flops go with me everywhere, every day.I definitely recommend insoles if your feet bother you when walking half a mile or so. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

You can be pretty unfit and still walk pretty far. Sure, your feet start hurting after a while, but if you just ignore the pain when it starts up it doesn't get much worse until after twenty or thirty kilometers. Edited by: Scott of Hyperborea  at: 10/24/05 11:16

Return to “Barony of Antya”