Praetorial overthrow

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Jonas

Praetorial overthrow

Post by Jonas »

We can't let this happen. Dukes, Barons, Counts, prepare for war! :evil

Count of Blackrock: against who my lord?
Duke: Against everyone who doesn't recognise my Praetorial powers! Muhahaha! :demon :D
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Kaiser Reynardine I

Re: Praetorial overthrow

Post by Kaiser Reynardine I »

Hmm...

Andreas, want to be Duke of Kildare? :document

Jonas, understand that Erik still needs the support of 3 dukes to be made Prætor. You will certainly vote against him. Brookshire will likely vote in his favor. So you have the votes of Elwynn, Yardistan, and Straylight that are still up in the air, and free for you to attempt swaying. War against other Duchies, especially those in expressed support of the Crown, shall be consider rebellion against the Crown, and will be quickly thwarted. :no

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

But I wanted my rebellion... :(
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Kaiser Reynardine I

I didn't say you couldn't rebel, I just said you'd be thwarted. :document

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

This is not an overthrow. The Praetor is responsible to the Landsraad. I as a member of the Landsraad do not support you anymore. I propose a new Praetor. You cannot claim the position as yours forever.
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Cause it hasn't been your forever. Hell, I've had it several times, and even ran the Live Landsraad session when I was Praetor... that was fun... :knife

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Jonas, calm it Kermit. We don't need a revolution. You get the Charter the way it was before and, I hope, Yardistan will support you. One more Duke and you're fine.
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

b3n|<3r|\| wrote:Jonas, calm it Kermit. We don't need a revolution. You get the Charter the way it was before and, I hope, Yardistan will support you. One more Duke and you're fine.
No revolution or rebellion? I wanted to end with a BANG. :document :angel

I need to admit that I prefer to see the job of Praetor of a new person who needs it. Erik doesn't really need it to get some influence, he has enough. A lot of people will agree with him just because he is the Founder (sorry, Erik. I don't want to offend you, you have a lot of nice ideas). I actually hoped to give the function to someone who needs it more to get heard.

Malliki

Post by Malliki »

It's not like you can pass it on like the Olympic games torch. :) You can propose someone else for the Praetorship as well, it doesn't have to just be between you and Erik.
His Grace the Lord Brookshire, LK GMNS
Arbiter, Imperial Judex
Duke of Brookshire, Baron of Lakhesis
Knight of the Dragon
Fan of SOAD

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I nominate Mylittlepony, the Maraguan pony! :document

Kaiser Reynardine I

Jonas wrote:A lot of people will agree with him just because he is the Founder (sorry, Erik. I don't want to offend you, you have a lot of nice ideas).
Actually, me and Erik disagree on a lot of things, as do a lot of big names around here (I've seen disagreement from Scott and Ari many times before). :document

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

As it stands.. I have ZERO official influence. And Founder doesn't get me very far honestly, and I never(rarely?) invoke it actively or on purpose.

The Praetorship is meant to go to a capable person, not just someone who needs to be heard. If they can't get heard without it, maybe they aren't ready for it...

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I remember that you told to me that the job of Praetor was something good for new members to start with and get some influence. ;)

b3n|<3r|\|

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

Erik has obviously changed his mind about the Praetor and therefore the role has transformed to conform.
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

*shrug* I say lots of things. I can't keep track of them all. I don't recall saying that. And I may have been just trying to be nice and reassuring. If so, someone shoot me the next time I try to be nice...

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Erik Mortis wrote:*shrug* I say lots of things. I can't keep track of them all. I don't recall saying that. And I may have been just trying to be nice and reassuring. If so, someone shoot me the next time I try to be nice...
Or drunk...

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Someone shoot me in that situation too.... Especially if being Nice and Drunk.. or being Nice'n Drunk.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

We all love Erik. But if Shireroth is to grow strong and evolve beyond its position as Erik's dreamchild, at some time he needs to be told "No".

Gently, respectfully, and teary-eyed, but he needs to be told "No".

"No" in this particular instance. Not "Never", just "No, not today".

Jonas has whatever support I am able to give him.

We all Respect the Founder. But there were four "ReFounders" who kept Shireroth alive when everyone else had given up on it. Jonas is one of those four, and the only one who held an official position at the time.

Erik founded Shireroth. Jonas saved it.

Both are worthy.

Jonas is being pursued solely and exclusively because he had the gall to support his Kaiser. He is being asked to pay for my "sins".

Ari Rahikkala

Post by Ari Rahikkala »

* sets flamethrower to stun *
* fires at Erik *
No-one should be without a parasol, Sirocco.

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

*Is stunned and retracts statement*

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

(Sigh)

Shall we have a truce?

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Personal truce... maybe.. stop going around saying how I need to hear "no" as founder, and I'll let up on attacking you personally for making the changes.

But I will still see them removed. Either in this Kaisership, or my own.

This Praetor thing isn't me, but I am increasingly thinking it might be needed, ironically your arguments are the reason. Jonas knew exactly what he was doing, this was no mistake it was a deliberate action. Some actions come at a cost politically. Gods know I've payed enough for my choices in this nation time and again.

Further, this all makes me think it's more and more imperative that we add the Arbiter to the Amendment process.

Finally, if you had not used the charter to make the changes, I wouldn't even be here. I don't WANT to be here.

Return to “Dutchy of Kildare”