I think I'm understanding Kildarian History

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Andreas the Wise

I think I'm understanding Kildarian History

Post by Andreas the Wise »

I thought I could just look at the wiki before. Now, after trying to get some for the game ... I can confidently say "All I know is that I know nothing."

Seriously. I knew there were some Apollo states before it, and I knew the MCS earliest map has just Kildare, no earlier states. I've now put two and two together, and I think I can make a blurb of Kildarian history up to the fall of Jasonia.

But after that, Kildarian history is only just starting .... I know nothing about Fax or Gryphon. I know Eros Darkstar was in Kitanus Fields, with the Hatter, but know nothing more about them. I invented the plague in the time period Shireroth was on life support ... but even so, there's almost 2000 years of history missing. That's 5 and a half years - the bulk of actual Kildarian history, and I don't have a clue about it ...

So in a moment I'm going to write the blurb, and after that, I'd like anybody who knows about Kildarian history to
a. Correct my blurb (when I post it) and
b. Write in a similiar style the rest of our simulated history up to the plague.
I'm not interested in actual history, much more in the simulated history as it would be in the Wiki ...
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Re: I think I'm understanding Kildarian History

Post by Jonas »

:party
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Andreas the Wise

The Blurb
The Khaz Modan empire had largely dominated Benacia, but on Apollonia two major tribes sprang up - the Audentians and the Blackrockians. Blackrock had been conquered by Audentior long ago, but disgruntled with the Empire, they seceded, sparking a wave of other, smaller tribes seceding. Much fighting occured, and Jasonia seceded and eventually controlled large parts of the old Audentior. More fighting led to the Union of Apollo States, to attempt to keep peace. It rapidly collapsed, destroying the vast infastructure of the old Empire, and while Jasonia was occupied with the Dimensional World War, Kaiser Gaelen I was invited to come in and quell the riots in the shattered UAS. Over nine years, he succesfully united the ancient tribes into the Duchy of Kildare, formed 513 ASC. Shireroth now had struggles with Jasonia for the next two hundred years, but after the first century, Jasonia was on the downturn and was eventually struck down by Shirithian missiles, plunging into the ocean. The survivors fled to New Jasonia in Kildare. Kildare was now the leading power in the land ...

And see, there it is. The Wiki goes up to the fall of Jasonia. I had to search hard to actually find the year of Kildare's founding. And after that, not a whisper of Kildare is mentioned - just Shireroth as a whole and Jasonia. So I don't have a clue about actual Kildarian history ... and I'd like you all to enlighten me and Jonas ...
If you could fill in the Lost Age in the Wiki would be awesome, but baring that, a meta-history summary like the one above.
Q - Director of SAMIN

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I remember something about the 1st December (forgot the year, but I'm sure I can find it again) as date Kildare was formed.
And it was the third Duchy of Shireroth.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Andreas the Wise

True, after Brookshire and Goldshire ...

So, Kildarian historians out there ... care to help fill in the blank?
Q - Director of SAMIN

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Andreas--

Have you read Scott's book on micronational history, Microscope? It has a lot of details that a casual student of micronational history would never learn, expl one who has been a member of micronations almost from the beginning. He is able to speak with authority on most subjects relating to Shireroth. Ari is another who has been here for years, and, of course, our founder, Erik knows it all. I'm sure other long-time micronationalists like Jacobus and Ardashir might also have details you will need. I apologize if I am leaving out people who have been here in the early days.

Andreas the Wise

Thanks Hypatias Mom. I've skimmed through Microscope, but wasn't aware it had many details of Kildare internally. I'll check it again.
Q - Director of SAMIN

Scott of Hyperborea

Post by Scott of Hyperborea »

The Khaz Modan empire had largely dominated Benacia, but on Apollonia two major tribes sprang up - the Audentians and the Blackrockians. Blackrock had been conquered by Audentior long ago, but disgruntled with the Empire, they seceded, sparking a wave of other, smaller tribes seceding. Much fighting occured, and Jasonia seceded and eventually controlled large parts of the old Audentior. More fighting led to the Union of Apollo States, to attempt to keep peace. It rapidly collapsed, destroying the vast infastructure of the old Empire, and while Jasonia was occupied with the Dimensional World War, Kaiser Gaelen I was invited to come in and quell the riots in the shattered UAS. Over nine years, he succesfully united the ancient tribes into the Duchy of Kildare, formed 513 ASC. Shireroth now had struggles with Jasonia for the next two hundred years, but after the first century, Jasonia was on the downturn and was eventually struck down by Shirithian missiles, plunging into the ocean. The survivors fled to New Jasonia in Kildare. Kildare was now the leading power in the land ...
People from Audentior are called "Audentes". Audentior never conquered Blackrock in real life, and if they did in simulated history I've never heard about it and would consider it blasphemy to have Blackrock conquered by anyone. The people who revolted and sparked a wave of secessions would be the Automatics. New Jasonia IRL was founded during the Apollo States period as a sort of activity-and-citizen-laden olive branch handed by the Jasonians towards the UAS, though your way makes more sense simulatedwise. Otherwise correct.

No one ever bothered to write fictional history during the Foley/Fax/Eros/Gryphon period, except maybe Gryphon a little. It wasn't as big then as it is today. I wrote some Kildare stuff including a VERY brief synopsis into Unaimed Arrow, where I had Nigrad or maybe Aracigrad or somewhere around there as the capital, but I don't remember if I got that from real Kildaris or just made it up. Stone Jackabar did some military stuff here, but it was never very well developed. Joe (Gryphon the Pure) would be the person to ask if you can get a hold of him - he had a lot of gryphons and dragons and such running around, though I don't know if that was ever entirely canon. And the Kildare Fiefdom Archives are always nice.

Andreas the Wise

Thanks Scott. I wrote that before I finished reading your Apollo history ... I can probably correct it now. As for the other stuff, I didn't expect canon, but a rough idea of "we had this guy as Baron, he did this" would be nice ...
Q - Director of SAMIN

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Andreas--I will IM Joe and ask him to get in touch with you. Please PM me your information so he can reach you. Thanks.

Return to “Dutchy of Kildare”