Halucigrad Library

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Jonas

Halucigrad Library

Post by Jonas »

Where, or was, is the Halucigrad Library?
The Lost Age

??? ASC - c.2850 ASC

For a long period of Kildare's history all records have been lost. Some fear a disease that historians were particularly susceptible to, and others the burning of the Halucigrad Library. Whatever the reason, for now, we have no idea what happened in this period. In this time, Kildare's land became what it is today. It also witnessed the decline of Antica.
Maybe we can rebuild it if we find it again. Andreas could lead an expedition, if he wants of course, to search after it.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

b3n|<3r|\|

Re: Halucigrad Library

Post by b3n|<3r|\| »

All the records were lost, so I imagine all the records of where that library went with it. :p
Vilhelm von Benkern - The Dolphin-...Count
:: Formerly just "benkern"
:: Rook Sentry of the Order of the Vorpal Blade
:: Count of Mar Sara IIRC
:: Former Baron of Absentia AFAIK, before that Baron of Vorpmadal TBH; also Former Duke of Yardistan IMHO
:: Dux Emeritus of the Order of Mischievous Intent

It takes moo to mango!

Kaiser Loki II

Post by Kaiser Loki II »

there might be something here:

http://shireroth.yuku.com/forums/36
Loki II, Kaiser of Shireroth
The Awaited One, Bearer of the Sword
Traditional King of the Mala'anje
Former Vryheer of Maraguo

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

The EZBoard hack destroyed much of our fictional history, and much was not backed up. We must now rely on people's memories and/or archived records from their personal computers to fill in gaps in our history.

Kaiser Ayreon

Post by Kaiser Ayreon »

So history becomes legends, folktales... quite like in real life too. But sad nonetheless...

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Kaiser Loki II wrote:there might be something here:

http://shireroth.yuku.com/forums/36
I can't see anything, so I have asked membership.
Does noboddy know in which county the library and city was?
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

I FOUND THE RUINS OF HALUCIGRAD ON THE MAP!! :party

It's on the Frantz Isles (version 7.0.4)! :)

Hhmm. It's Hallucigrad, with two 'l'...

A topic I found about Hallucigrad:
He walked out into the courtyard, tears streaked his eyes.
Hallucination was once grand enough to stand up to Duchies, even NATIONS, now it was half of its former self, literally, and the once great city and capital of Hallucigrad was in the hands of one who did not know, the secret passages int he walls, did not know what the writings on the ceiling meant. Did not know the curses placed on the tiles and how to activate them. The fools hadn't even harnessed the powers of envisionism.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Jonas, this, indeed is part of the history of Halluci, but the part of Kildare's history which seems lost is all the marvelous ficitional history written by its former Duke Gryphon the Pure (who had various other alter-egoes). Those were wondroius, and quite inventive, and seem to have totally vanished with much of the forum.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Hopefully we can get a part of it back. But I don't think it will regain it old glory :(

(We can try of course)

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I will ask my daugher, Hypatia Agnesi, to contact her former Shirerihian husband the former Duitch to see if such archives still exist.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Thank you! :)

Ruth

Post by Ruth »

the decline of Antica.
Antica has never been in decline! We just periodically hide our amazingly high activity levels so as to not make other micronations uncomfortable.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Ruth--I believe they are talking about some time from pre-history, not now, of course. (I wasn't there to witness either old Antica or old Shireroth years ago. I only know what I have heard or read, and then only of Shireroth. You might consult Scott Alexander's book Microscope, a history of early micronaitions on Micras.

Ruth

Post by Ruth »

I read (or at least thoroughly skimmed) the Microscope when it was released back in the day (ah, the carefree days of my youth), and I recall that while it was an otherwise excellent and amazing source of micronationalness, it neglected to fully cover the spectacularness of Antica.

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

I'm sorry your country got short-changed. I have only been a member of Shirerolth and no other micronations, so I haven't the perspective of another country. I have heard Antica is wonderful, but have not visited. It is good to see you again online.

Sebastien Alexandre

Post by Sebastien Alexandre »

The Baronial Halluci Library was just that - a library housing decrees, stories, and a copy of the written language of the Barony of Halluci. Fortunately, very little of Kildare's history as a whole was kept within it's walls. Unfortunately, almost all of Hallucination's history was kept there.
First Minister Sebastien Pasqeir Alexandre of Valenciennes, Empire of the Alexandrians
President of the University of Geneva, Empire of the Alexandrians

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

Jonas--I spoke with Joe (Gryphon) at the restaurant in San Francisco. He said the EZBoard hack had taken all his stories and all his hard work of 4 years. That is one reason he left--he didn't have the heart to continue. Sorry. There is no backup.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Ow. :(
That's terrible for him! Four years of work... gone by one attack. Poor Gryphon! :(

Return to “Dutchy of Kildare”