Ambitions of a Barony, anyone?

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Hypatia Agnesi

Ambitions of a Barony, anyone?

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

I'm trying to decide whether to form a Barony or not, and if so, which former subdivision to promote. Do any of you have significant ambition, good cultural ideas you want to explore with other Kildari citizens, or a burning desire to speak in the Landsraad? Please respond below. And, Joe, if you want some votes as honorary Duke, say so below.I plan to retain North Halluci as my personal territory and residence, so unless Ozarka officially claims residency (*pokepoke*) and makes a compelling argument, Hallucination will probably remain as two counties. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Bill3000

Re: Ambitions of a Barony, anyone?

Post by Bill3000 »

We only have four citizens at the moment, unfortuanatly. Personally I'd like to think that we should try to get more citizens (read: convert others ) before we try to make a Barony. Oh well.Personally I liked the AR thing; it gave a level of importance between a Barony and a County (Thanedom). Eh, whatever. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismQuillan Fatebane, 65th Paladin, Lanys Tvy'l Server (EQ1)Quillan Umbarcotumo, 37th Paladin, Innothule Server (EQ2)Proud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'As for... Quil, to be honest many of us have wondered about [him] for some time now. The real question might be why he LEFT the lance there.' - Areania, on how Quillan (Bill in EQ1) let Trombonius 'sit' on his lance"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

I'm hoping to put a bill in the Landsraad that redefines the subdivisions to give Counties legislative status and Baronies cultural status. I liked Joe's idea, so I'l like to propose it. I'm not going to instate the AR plan while I'm Dutchess.In the mean time, yes, we badly need citizens. We're not even technically FHA compliant at the moment because Oz hasn't checked in. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Gryphon the Pure

Post by Gryphon the Pure »

And if FHAAI passes, even then we won't be.Oz sounded like he was thinking pretty seriously about giving up Shireroth. I'm hoping it's just a finals-week angst thing and that Summer will bring him back.I really don't like the idea of having a Barony with so few citizens already. If we had so many citizens that we actually crowded the main Duchy forum, then I would consider it, but as it is we're averaging maybe two threads a week which probably wouldn't be helped by spreading it across another forum. Do you remember what happened to Alexandretta? To Lothlaria when it made LG&C?Baronies in small Duchies do little but detract, both from the activity of the Duchy Proper and the legislative power of the Duke.And no, I don't want any votes. Gryphon the Pure- Shirithian Elder - Dutch of Kildare - Minister of the Interior - High Priest of Apostrophe aka Grammar Fuhrer - Director of the Shirithian Census - Imperial Advisor -q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

It's too bad. Kildare has a lot of cultural potential (The reason why I joined it), because of its history. Yet no one is interested in it. By the way - Renee, although you won't do AR, how about a thread or something where the people of Kildare voice their concerns over legislation and such? Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismQuillan Fatebane, 65th Paladin, Lanys Tvy'l Server (EQ1)Quillan Umbarcotumo, 37th Paladin, Innothule Server (EQ2)Proud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'As for... Quil, to be honest many of us have wondered about [him] for some time now. The real question might be why he LEFT the lance there.' - Areania, on how Quillan (Bill in EQ1) let Trombonius 'sit' on his lance"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

Gryphon the Pure

As Dutch, I will still create poll threads over Landsraad proposals. They will be managed exactly as they would be were I ruling noble, however I cannot say with any certainty that the results of the polls will have any influence on the Dutchess's votes in the Landsraad, but that's still no change : p. Gryphon the Pure- Shirithian Elder - Dutch of Kildare - Minister of the Interior - High Priest of Apostrophe aka Grammar Fuhrer - Director of the Shirithian Census - Imperial Advisor -q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Yes, I agree that having a barony would spread out activity and possibly kill everything, but I was trying to gague what other people thought on the matter and hopefully let someone else in on some Landsraad votes. I can't give them to anyone but a Baron or an honorary Noble, so I wanted to give out the chance instead of automatically wielding my 10 votes.And, Bill, how do you say that no one is interested in all of Kildare's cultural potential? I'm unfamiliar with most of it, and therefore did not feel that I should be the one leading the culture when both you and Joe are around at the moment. That doesn't mean, though, that I'm not at all interested. I'd actually like to see more, but without the background knowledge, I wouldn't know were to start with initiating anything.And either with or without the AR, there is absolutely nothing stopping you from saying what your opinions on bills are. I'd just as soon have you tell me your feelings either in the Front Gate where everyone else is more likely to see them or over AIM where you can lobby me for your position if you have one, as well as ask me to propose legislation. Joe's poll threads will be another source, but my problem with them is how separate they are from whatever debate is going on nationally. It's up to you where to express your views though. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

You know I speak in hyperboles. Allright, sorry. I mostly meant those who arn't in Kildare; I mean that Kildare has a lot of cultural potential because of its past and few are joining something that has such potential. You know, whose negative of the gradient is the fo-*smack*Allright. What I mean is that Kildare (other than what I feel is a godawful name, I still soo much like Apollonia better, it sounds more nationalistic) was the old Apollo Sector. Histories of fueds and great nations in the past; Audentior and Automatica, Demesosia and Blackrock, Purple Bunny Federation and MyNation; even some Atteran/Istvanistani colonies. Not including the fact that recently I have come to the realization that since Aquata (a nation important in another dimension in CoD2) was an Apollonian tribe long ago, it needs a land if it would at least be a minor power; and thus that would be good for one of the nondiscript lands. Thus, it has a lot of cultural potential, maybe even moreso than Shireroth as a whole. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismQuillan Fatebane, 65th Paladin, Lanys Tvy'l Server (EQ1)Quillan Umbarcotumo, 37th Paladin, Innothule Server (EQ2)Proud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'As for... Quil, to be honest many of us have wondered about [him] for some time now. The real question might be why he LEFT the lance there.' - Areania, on how Quillan (Bill in EQ1) let Trombonius 'sit' on his lance"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

King Oz I

Post by King Oz I »

*eyes begin to glow their famously freaky blue glow*Hypatia.. I am staying... and I'd appreciated you stitching up my baby... Hallucidagrad and Port Halluci really do miss having the same political borders I am going to try to recruit some friends here and there, and possibly get Halluci up to Baronial status again. Once that happens, I am going to open up a website I hope, and perhaps I could get someone to make me a pixel map, with a back ground of halluci, so I can give city info? His Royal Majesty King Sjer I of the StorjoneStorjone WebsiteStorjone Forums

hypatias mom

Post by hypatias mom »

King Oz--I, for one, am glad you have changed your mind and are staying in Kildare. I have just relocated to this dutchy, and am still learning about it. In your spare "5 minutes" you make important contributions to this place.

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Oz--I will consider making you a baron if you prove activity and don't go away any time soon again. It is unlikely I'm going to give up the rest of Halluci at any point, so you'd end up with half of it at most, if you were to form a barony. I was really hoping to revitalize another one of Kildare's former subdivisions, before returning to Halluci's development. I hate to say it, but the direction you had for Hallucination was very little like what I envisioned for it (no pun intended), so I'm keeping my half personally, to develop separately from yours. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

King Oz I

Post by King Oz I »

Hmmm.... I'll talk with the other land holders of Kildare, see what I can do His Royal Majesty King Sjer I of the StorjoneStorjone WebsiteStorjone Forums

Gryphon the Pure

There are actually land-holders in Kildare? Wacky. Gryphon the Pure- Shirithian Elder - Dutch of Kildare - Minister of the Interior - High Priest of Apostrophe aka Grammar Fuhrer - Director of the Shirithian Census - Imperial Advisor -q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);q=parseInt(Math.random()*gryphSig.length);q=(isNaN(q))?0:q;document.write(gryphSig[q]);

King Oz I

Post by King Oz I »

I meant perhaps an agreement with Kitanus Fields etc for a wee speck of under developed land... if I can find out who is in charge of it now o.O His Royal Majesty King Sjer I of the StorjoneStorjone WebsiteStorjone Forums

Kaiser Alejian I

Post by Kaiser Alejian I »

We need to re-reorganize everything. Hehe.

Bill3000

Post by Bill3000 »

No one is in charge of Kitanus Fields atm. Only one that would possibly be would be Elos, but he emmigrated. Bill Dusch - Archon of SoloralismPissing off Micras, one nation at a timeProud to be Apollonianvar txtList = new Array()txtList[txtList.length]="'Whoa! You're in...college now? You got...older! I guess that's what happens when time passes, but still...' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="'The Hindenburg Uncertainty Principle, by contrast states that before you get on a blimp, you can never be certain whether it's going to catch on fire or not' - Scott Siskind";txtList[txtList.length]="Why do I need some cheese?";txtList[txtList.length]="'me to. well almost, we have to worship the living god, Bill3000.' - Hubert";txtList[txtList.length]="'Y'know what? I am never going to get out of micronations. I think I need to be assassinated or something.' - Jason Steffke";txtList[txtList.length]="'Bill, you are STILL young and stupid.' - Jason Steffke, Control of Destiny 1";txtList[txtList.length]="I think we've gotta promote you. You now have slightly more diplomatic skills than a random rock. - Sirithil nos Feanor, to Bill Dusch";txtList[txtList.length]="'Wow. I'm this close to admitting you're no longer young and stupid.' - Scott Siskind, to Bill";txtList[txtList.length]="'ow! I've been thrwappen! Now I have a sudden urge to enter politics...' - Gryphon the Pure, after being hit by a shard of Pure Mischief";txtList[txtList.length]="'I could probably date Hypatia's Mom. Now THAT'S scary.' - Ryan Caruso"; j=parseInt(Math.random()*txtList.length);j=(isNaN(j))?0:j;document.write(txtList[j]);

King Oz I

Post by King Oz I »

OOh.. Gryffon.. is that decree still in effect that places mtyself and Bill in power of un ruled lands in Kildare? If so.. which half did I have? His Royal Majesty King Sjer I of the StorjoneStorjone WebsiteStorjone Forums

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

It is not still in place, Oz. I decided to start fresh with the reorganization, but if you can figure out someone else to rule, I would be willing to grant you a barony. And I believe you were temporarily put in charge of the western side. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

King Oz I

Post by King Oz I »

Well... if Austi would be so kind as to become the second citizen... ; ) His Royal Majesty King Sjer I of the StorjoneStorjone WebsiteStorjone Forums

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

I was actually getting at that. He'd have to actually check in and say hi and, you know, establish citizenship (is he actually gone?) and residency first. Being here as a ghost in an RP doesn't quite count...yet. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Kaiser Alejian I

*ahem*hopefully it wont count officially ever. The day we count ghosts as citizens will be the day this place stops being a micronation. :PBut he is more than welcome back.

Baron Von Scot

Post by Baron Von Scot »

Time, time - I say. Give it just a little time. Baron ofHallucination

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Quote:Allright. What I mean is that Kildare (other than what I feel is a godawful name, I still soo much like Apollonia better, it sounds more nationalistic) was the old Apollo Sector. Histories of fueds and great nations in the past; Audentior and Automatica, Demesosia and Blackrock, Purple Bunny Federation and MyNation; even some Atteran/Istvanistani colonies. Not including the fact that recently I have come to the realization that since Aquata (a nation important in another dimension in CoD2) was an Apollonian tribe long ago, it needs a land if it would at least be a minor power; and thus that would be good for one of the nondiscript lands.Kildare is the real name of an Irish county that someone (naming no names) *points fingers at everyone just to be safe* stole in the grand Shirerothian tradition. And Kildare was the old UAS states which Shireroth co-opted (read: stole, or "annexed" if you prefer), definitely not the Apollo Sector. "Apollonia" is about as inventive as naming a sock puppet Mister Socky, in my opinion.I would be quite interested in forming a Barony, if the question's still up in the air. And in case you haven't guessed by now, yes, I claim residency here.

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Yay for wanting to live here! Yay!!!!!Anyway, if you (or Oz, or whoever *looks around*) actually tell me who else wants to live in a barony with you and who is in charge, go for it and tell me which section of Kildare you would like to claim. I'm keeping Northern Hallucination as my own, at least for now, but if there are no conflicts with others ' claims, you can have your pick elsewhere. If you can't find someone to live with you, I'll make you a count. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Zirandorthel

Post by Zirandorthel »

Since I believe Hyperborea was assumed into Kildare, I would like to remain as Count of Volsung.

Kaiser Alejian I

Hurray for Wombats!

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

So be it. I hereby make you Count of Volsung. I would say to feel free to ask MiniInt to add that to your title block, but as it's already there, congratulations. *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Kaiser Alejian I

What is Volsung like?

Austi Scot

Post by Austi Scot »

I might be interested in living in Hallucination

Hypatia Agnesi

Post by Hypatia Agnesi »

Welcome! Who would be the baron? *throws grenade for the hell of it*BO0O0O0O0/\/\!!!!!!

Return to “Dutchy of Kildare”