Kildare Tour

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Andreas the Wise

Kildare Tour

Post by Andreas the Wise »

So Jonas had asked me to do up some simple tour software, and I said I would when I got back. I thought it would just be a couple hours easy coding. Unfortunately, me being who I am, it turned into two days because I wanted to make it right instead of just doing the bare minimum. You now have a bunch more features than I originally intended. That said, I haven't rigorously error trapped/tested it and I also haven't bothered to prettify it with a banner or favicon. (Incidentally, Jonas, if you'd like to make a banner for a tour editor I've just programmed ...). But it is finished. And here it is:

Start page for the Kildare Tour
Start page for all tours (currently only Kildare Tour, but in the future more tours can be added easily)
Main Menu (for those logged in)

I've spent enough time on this already tonight, so I won't explain how it works now beyond a very basic explanation; I'll just let you guys explore. Once you register accounts, I'll give all Kildarians Editor permission level (which means you can edit all pages in the Kildare Tour - by default (and for security reasons) you can only edit pages you have created yourself). Jonas, I'll give you Admin level permissions, which basically allow you to reset passwords, give other people permissions and edit the tour info (including banner and favicon).

Basic explanation: Use this program to create pages for a tour. It has a basic WYSIWYG editor with which you can format the html page, including pictures, links etc. All the pages are stored in my database and called up as needed - they aren't separate html files. The advantages of doing this instead of you just making your own html pages is:
a. Anyone can do it without needing web hosting or html experience.
b. It's really easy to edit pages done by other people.

I've given the tour the Shireroth css theme from the bank as a default, and haven't added in a banner or favicon yet. All are subject to change as soon as you guys create something better/as at all.

Enjoy! :yay:
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jonas

Re: Kildare Tour

Post by Jonas »

Thank You! Thank You! :yay:

I have registered and will try to find out what I can do with this nifty thing once I have admin powers. Thanks (again)! :thumbsup
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Andreas the Wise

Re: Kildare Tour

Post by Andreas the Wise »

You're now adminified (and Gareth has Editor powers).
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Return to “Dutchy of Kildare”