The Kildarian subforums

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Jonas

The Kildarian subforums

Post by Jonas »

I got permission from His Niftiness to move the subforums from the archives to the Kildarian forum. Now I have the impression there are just too many. What do you guys think: should I let them stay where they are now (subforum Kildare) or move them to our own archives?

I'm just doing this because I thought that Andreas is too busy at the moment (so, Andreas: don't think I want to steal your job ;) ).
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Falkner van der Sluijs

Re: The Kildarian subforums

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

I say leave them. We'll figure them out shortly so we aren't throwing them every which way for weeks.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Allright, but then I'm going to order them alphabetically if you don't mind. ;)
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

I'd say organise into Baronies again.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Falkner van der Sluijs

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

That's what I was thinking also, except Asantelian doesn't fit anywhere...

Anywho, yeah, get some baronies settled upon, leave my county to itself, and I'll look over them tonight (I'll probably be wasted, so take that look over with a grain of salt)
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

But recreating the Baronies would mean that we're recreating a separated cultural identity which isn't sustainable because of the lack of citizens! :(

That being said, I can agree with this. But perhaps we should give Baronies a new meaning: just geographic identities instead of political ones. The Barons serve as temporary rulers over the unoccupied counties, so don't write any Baronial decrees. I'm saying this because I noticed that there are a lot of (baronial) decrees in the archives that aren't valid anymore because the baronies has been disbanded. I find it somewhat strange that with the disappearance of a barony, the county loses a lot of its laws.

Meh, just a thought.

And Corey: didn't we get Illumination and South Wintergleam? That could form a barony.

Return to “Dutchy of Kildare”