Unfortunate Circumstances

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Falkner van der Sluijs

Unfortunate Circumstances

Post by Falkner van der Sluijs »

Fellow Kildarians and Shirithians all,

I wish to make it known that, should unfortunate circumstances cause the fall of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, Kildare will continue on as the Kildari Shirithian Grand Dutchy, open to all refugees from all associated parties in said fall, and dedicated to continuing the great name and spirit of Shireroth.

I hope with all my heart that this plan will never need to be used, and while I have been gone a couple weeks longer than I had predicted, it seems that Shireroth is still in a relatively dire situation, having been reduced to only a fraction of our previous population, and losing many long-time and high-influence citizens. I make it known, however, that I will never let Shireroth's name and traditions be lost, even if I must hold her up on my own, or if we hold her up as a Dutchy.
Dutch of Kildare
Jarl in Asantelian
Steward of Shireroth
Swnndyrrr Ytteirsal
Perennial Ghoti

Jacobus Loki

Re: Unfortunate Circumstances

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Your Stewardly-Dutchiness,

These things have happened before. Shireroth will live, and you will not need to stand alone.
Last edited by Jacobus Loki on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

CJ Miller

Post by CJ Miller »

Falkner van der Sluijs wrote:I wish to make it known that, should unfortunate circumstances cause the fall of the Imperial Republic of Shireroth, Kildare will continue on as the Kildari Shirithian Grand Dutchy, open to all refugees from all associated parties in said fall, and dedicated to continuing the great name and spirit of Shireroth.
HEAR HEAR! :worship

Erik Mortis

Post by Erik Mortis »

Rest assured the Empire will not fall. Though it will go through some changes...

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Erik, you know as good as me that you're in a dangerous and tricky situation: if you change things too much you could probably alienate those who have been loyal to the Empire. It's just an (needless) advice from me to you. :)
We will see where time will bring us. I'm not afraid to see Shireroth having just a fraction of its former population. We have been there before and we will, in the end, grow and be victorious!

Long live Shireroth! Long live Kildare! :worship
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Kaiser Ometeotl I

Post by Kaiser Ometeotl I »

All changes will be put to full and proper votes. I have no plans to do anything on my own.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Deriving .... just powers from the consent of the governed, eh? ;)
Jacobus Loki
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Shyriath

Post by Shyriath »

I think this is where we would traditionally go into seizures at the contemplation of democracy. :p

Kildare would be well-placed for a post-Shireroth world, I think, but yes... a post-Shireroth world hasn't managed to sneak up on us yet, and with any luck we'll keep beating it over the head when we spot one coming.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

A post-Shireroth world would be after the End of Days, maybe notg even then!

Think "Fifth Age"!
Jacobus Loki

Return to “Dutchy of Kildare”