Kildarian Defence Forces

Moderators: Jonas, Falkner van der Sluijs

Jonas

Kildarian Defence Forces

Post by Jonas »

While holding in mind that the Zygus Qamil should be defended by a united Kildarian military command, rather then be entrusted to the armies of the several Counties (to avoid that communication would fall apart or be non-existing), I would like to start reforms for our military.

I'm a proponent of giving our Counts the right to have their own standing army (partly because we have always enjoyed to have little civil wars, besides it's a part of our feudal traditions). So to avoid that the defence lines would be undefended, I propose the following: every Count will agree to lend soldiers to be in full service of the Kildarian Defence Forces.
That way we will have, in case of war, a small army that's ready to defend the borders and strategic points while the nobles can start mobilising (or negotiating about joining the war or staying neutral).

The Defence Forces will be lead directly by the Dant, that's currently Andreas the Wise.
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki
Can't you see? I'm crazy! :tomcutterhamonfire :smashy

Jonas

Re: Kildarian Defence Forces

Post by Jonas »

The KDF will replace the Kildarian Ducal Forces (which existed of militias) and will have full access to the Counties in case of war (so they can act swift and don't have to wait for permission of the local noble).

This is, of course, if the Dutch and Seanad agree with my plan. :document
From a distance I'm concerned about the rampant lawyerism manifesting itself in Shireroth currently. A simple Kaiserial slap on the wrist or censure by the community should suffice. - Jacobus Loki

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

No reason not to.

We also need to take thought for the Eastern Islands.
Jacobus Loki
Shireroth sumus. Tempus in parte nostrum est.
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Jacobus Loki wrote:No reason not to.

We also need to take thought for the Eastern Islands.
What do you propose in case of the Eastern Islands? Should we construct bunkers, fortresses or just get some soldiers deployed there?

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Biotopia has a land frontier. I think some prudent fortifications make sense. The Atterock Navy is at Melangia, and the Lightning and the KMV will be there soon.
There are 2 MoMa stations in the Norfolks, but I don't know their defensive state.

The Kaiser needs to appoint a MoMa, but until the we do the best we can.
Jacobus Loki
Lord of Hallucination, Protector of Illumination, MiniEx of Shireroth, Traditional King of the Mala'anje.

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Yes, but Biotopia has a (weak) defensive line. But country bordering it is 100% anti-Recwar, so we're safe on that front. :)
There are 2 MoMa stations in the Norfolks, but I don't know their defensive state.
We should investigate this. Perhaps we can ask full control (or at least access) to the bases.

Which reminds me that we need to build satellite stations at Melangia to have full sight over the sea and which fleets are approaching.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

The "Lightning" can provide some temporary capability. It also has N.E.T.T. receptor/projectors.

http://shireroth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=235&t=11735
Jacobus Loki

Andreas the Wise

Post by Andreas the Wise »

Yeah, I'd be keen to see Melangia properly defended.
The character Andreas the Wise is on indefinite leave.
However, this account still manages:
Cla'Udi - Count of Melangia
Manuel - CEO of VBNC. For all you'll ever need.
Vincent Waldgrave - Lord General of Gralus
Q - Director of SAMIN
Duke Mel'Kat - Air Pirate, Melangian, and Duke of the Flying Duchy of Glanurchy

And references may be made to Vur'Alm Xei'Bôn (a Nelagan Micron of undisclosed purpose).

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

An Enterprise class aircraft carrier, an Iowa-class battleship, the presence of the (titular) King of the Mala'anje and the Atterock Navy should help.

We could use some ground support.

And those ships can't stay there forever....
Jacobus Loki

Kaiser B'caw I

Post by Kaiser B'caw I »

The Kaiser needs to appoint a MoMa, but until the we do the best we can.
Indeed so... I'm still looking for candidates, if anyone wishes to volunteer... :document

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Yes, we can't let those ships stay there forever. A team of building constructors will be send to investigate how we can defend Melangia the best.

Kaiser B'caw I wrote: Indeed so... I'm still looking for candidates, if anyone wishes to volunteer... :document
Jake? :document

Harvey Steffke

Post by Harvey Steffke »

I has vague memories of Scott demanding I became assistant MoMA in the case that Ardy resigned the post and went to Antica, but they're too vague to remember specifically anything about it.

Jacobus Loki

Post by Jacobus Loki »

Go for it, Harvey!

Jonas

Post by Jonas »

Harvey Steffke wrote:I has vague memories of Scott demanding I became assistant MoMA in the case that Ardy resigned the post and went to Antica, but they're too vague to remember specifically anything about it.
I will not stop you. :document

Return to “Dutchy of Kildare”